• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Ravens

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secondary might catch a break if Matty Ice is out next week. Maybe Freeman might miss the game as well for getting tossed for punching Aaron Donald. Falcons are a dumpster fire so this is a must win.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny 23
Homer 21
Prosise 25
Jennings 22
Metcalf 21
Moore 24
Turner 23
Ursua 25
Hollister 25
Hunt 25
Ifedi 25
J. Jones 23
LJ Collier 24
R. Green 22
Ford 23
Barton 22
Burr-Kirven 22
GriffinX2 24
Flowers 24
Amadi 22
Blair 22
Hill 23
Thompson 24
Dickson 23
Dissly 23
Pocic 24
+5 more starters or 2nd stringers at 26 years old.

This team is YOUNG! and would easily be one of the youngest starting groups if not for a few Older main stay ALL PRO's on both the offense and defense. Still as it is the Hawks are the 4th youngest team in the NFL and the teams younger than them are the Dolphins, Bucs, and the Browns. Something all those teams have in common is none of them are even close to a winning record. 0-6, 2-4 and 2-4 yet here the Hawks are at 5-2.

Growth, this team will need to grow and a lot. Yes they are 5-2 but i think we can all agree they could very easily also be 2-5 or even 1-6. I am excited to watch this team mature, if they can be this bad and still be 5-2 i am excited to see how good they can be when they mature and grow!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4-3 base defense on a team not built to run a 4-3 base all the time. Sure it's nice to have Kendricks, KJ and Wags on the field together but KJ and Kendricks can't run with these TE's half the time.

True, and they seem to be forgetting to cover all together... We gotta mix this up, we can’t continue to be so predictable... I remember Pete doing to a 3 man rush in a quarters D back in the day on long downs, with 7 or sometimes 8 defensive backs..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have plenty of DL talent that does not seem to be playing up to it. Maybe when the year is done we drop norton and bring quinn back.

our offense needs work too though, too many negative plays, too many plays where our run game is completely stuffed. Someone said draft all D, i am ok with that as long as we can get one top tier OL.

Would LOVE to get Quinn back!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this reminds me of the Saints game when 14 of their points came off of the offense giving up the ball to the defense and them scoring touchdowns. Their coaches had a great gameplan against our passing attack or even the offense and I have always said when the hawks cant get the running game going this offense as a whole can struggle.

So that mixed with the ravens not turning the ball over these things can happen. It also seems like this offense is missing Dissly and lets hope to god that Tyler Lockett doesn't get hurt because outside of him and occasionally Metcalf this passing attack isn't that dangerous. I was hoping that the hawks could have pulled a trade for Stefon Diggs but it seems the asking price was too high. There were also rumors that management looked into signing Antonio Brown.

Hopefully next week the falcons wont put up much of a fight and they are giving up on their season

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unusual to see a RW/PC team finish as poorly as we did yesterday. I actually felt we had a pretty firm grip on the game going into the half. When the story of the 2019 Seahawks is written, one of its main elements will be how RW must play at an exceptional level for them to have a chance to win. Another may be how dearly this team tends to pay for its mistakes.
On to the next one.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense giving up points is a recurring theme th.is year.

That said, this team isnt very good, relies too much on wilson to be elite.

This is ultimately the result when they decide to sacrifice the LOB for RW. The Defense is bad this year, statistically ranked near the bottom.

What I also don't agree with is the game plan coming int, I understand RW is an MVP candidate but he should've never thrown more than 30 attempts entering the 4th quarter down 13-20. The identity of this team is to run the ball and it should be that given the conditions.

As I said previously, Baltimore played a game we're used to seeing from the Seahawks and it's why they won. I don't agree with your statement in saying this team is bad though, just chalk this up as ONE bad performance.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ultimately the result when they decide to sacrifice the LOB for RW. The Defense is bad this year, statistically ranked near the bottom.

What I also don't agree with is the game plan coming int, I understand RW is an MVP candidate but he should've never thrown more than 30 attempts entering the 4th quarter down 13-20. The identity of this team is to run the ball and it should be that given the conditions.

As I said previously, Baltimore played a game we're used to seeing from the Seahawks and it's why they won. I don't agree with your statement in saying this team is bad though, just chalk this up as ONE bad performance.
Didn't our D only give up 16 points last night? The ST TDs and scores given up by our offense (pick 6, fumble-6, etc) count as "points allowed" but doesn't really reflect on our D. I think they played pretty well yesterday, all things considered. You knew Lamar Jackson was going to make plays with this legs here and there, but I didn't think their offense really hurt us that bad. It was our own mistakes, mostly on offense, where Balt made hay.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny 23
Homer 21
Prosise 25
Jennings 22
Metcalf 21
Moore 24
Turner 23
Ursua 25
Hollister 25
Hunt 25
Ifedi 25
J. Jones 23
LJ Collier 24
R. Green 22
Ford 23
Barton 22
Burr-Kirven 22
GriffinX2 24
Flowers 24
Amadi 22
Blair 22
Hill 23
Thompson 24
Dickson 23
Dissly 23
Pocic 24
+5 more starters or 2nd stringers at 26 years old.

This team is YOUNG! and would easily be one of the youngest starting groups if not for a few Older main stay ALL PRO's on both the offense and defense. Still as it is the Hawks are the 4th youngest team in the NFL and the teams younger than them are the Dolphins, Bucs, and the Browns. Something all those teams have in common is none of them are even close to a winning record. 0-6, 2-4 and 2-4 yet here the Hawks are at 5-2.

Growth, this team will need to grow and a lot. Yes they are 5-2 but i think we can all agree they could very easily also be 2-5 or even 1-6. I am excited to watch this team mature, if they can be this bad and still be 5-2 i am excited to see how good they can be when they mature and grow!

Average age of teams
Seahawks: 25.5
49ers: 25.7
Rams: 25.6
Cardinals: 26.4

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't our D only give up 16 points last night? The ST TDs and scores given up by our offense (pick 6, fumble-6, etc) count as "points allowed" but doesn't really reflect on our D. I think they played pretty well yesterday, all things considered. You knew Lamar Jackson was going to make plays with this legs here and there, but I didn't think their offense really hurt us that bad. It was our own mistakes, mostly on offense, where Balt made hay.

We should win games if we are only giving up 16 points. However, we got killed by those turn overs.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From 1 game.. yes, but overall, the defense is poor (from a Pete Carroll’s standard). Entering the game they were 25th in points allowed, 11th in rushing yard allowed, other statistics i dont remember but they were in the low-mid 20s.

After yesterday, Hawks are now 21st(25.1ppg), 17th rushing yard allowed (108rpg), 15th yard per game (357).

Historically, A Pete Carroll’s team is usually in the top 10 top 15 in total defense.

One other thing to mention is that the pass rush this year is piss poor, they have a hard time pressuring Qbs (not faulting anyone for having a hard time pressuring Jackson). Considering who they brought in, I thought this would be one of the stronger stats.

Now, With that being said, I fully expect this to improve drastically with the return of Reed.

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should win games if we are only giving up 16 points. However, we got killed by those turn overs.
The last 2 home games without the turnovers were easily winnable games. Really disappointed by that from playing at home.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling you guys on your board, but just pointing out that the average age of the Rams, Niners, and Seahawks is nearly identical. So if the argument is "this team is young".... and will get better... so will 9ers and Rams.

you just showed you have no clue how this works oh they are only 2 tenths different LMAO The Hawks also have way more 29+ year olds than the 49ers ( 14 to 8 ) you know what that means? Even though they have double the count of players 29 years of age or OLDER their Average age is younger by 2 tenths... THAT is CRAZY!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 home games without the turnovers were easily winnable games. Really disappointed by that from playing at home.

Yeah i wish the Home crowd would BOO more. the play we are seeing at home is NOT ACCEPTABLE and i wish the fans would let these players know that!

With 2 home loses this teams needs to go 6-2 on the road at worst in my eyes because they have not shown anything that says they can be a dominate "Home" team and thats with the best home field advantage in the NFL! ( Bias opinion yes )

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling you guys on your board, but just pointing out that the average age of the Rams, Niners, and Seahawks is nearly identical. So if the argument is "this team is young".... and will get better... so will 9ers and Rams.

That's why it sucks so much being in the NFC West right now. I had a bad feeling the 49ers would be good, the Rams have somewhat underperformed this year but they have a great roster, and the Cardinals are starting to figure things out.

I'm probably biased but I do believe that right now the NFC West is the most competitive division in the NFL and will remain so next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the bright side is that the Ravens and Saints are both great teams with a lot of talent. I do agree that there is a strong possibility that the Seahawks win both of those games without those crucial mistakes.

Also I never want to face Kamara again. I can't recall the last time I saw a HB break as many tackles against us as he did.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bright side is that the Ravens and Saints are both great teams with a lot of talent. I do agree that there is a strong possibility that the Seahawks win both of those games without those crucial mistakes.

Also I never want to face Kamara again. I can't recall the last time I saw a HB break as many tackles against us as he did.

The common thread among these 2 games is they have a great running game. Kamara as you eluded to and Jackson. This is why I’m not as confident when they have to face SF with their crazy running game. Have to 100% eliminate the turnovers.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The common thread among these 2 games is they have a great running game. Kamara as you eluded to and Jackson. This is why I’m not as confident when they have to face SF with their crazy running game. Have to 100% eliminate the turnovers.

Yes the Hawks Defense is no where close to good enough to make up for almost any TO.