• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also good news although it does sound like he won't be back until after the break.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VERY encouraging news.
We are deep enough at RB and talented enough elsewhere on O that we shouldn't be in a hurry to run him back out there. Give him a week off, get Deejay Dallas some touches, lean on the very capable Carlos Hyde for most of the carries, and of course continue the cooking and we should be more than fine against Miami.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a MSD article on the Athletic. Apparently Our defense is mad at themselves.

With one player saying " This shit is not ok"

This quote is from Shaq Griffin.

"It’s always good to be able to come up with the W. That’s the main thing that we need to do is win. But I feel like we shouldn’t have to finish like that every single game, especially with the way that the offense is playing.”

"We got the win, but we can’t continue to give up the plays that we’re giving up,” said Griffin, who admitted that teams are lulling him to sleep with long stretches of inactivity, then attacking him when he’s “falling asleep” on the back side of the defense. “There will be teams where there will be close games that are going to be hard to pull off if we don’t do what we need to do and win our one-on-one battles. We’re going to do better with that, we’re going to work on it.”

With the way our defense is talking. I wouldn't want to be ANYONE on that Miami offense

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'll say about the D is they are at least making some big plays when needed. The strip/sack to open the 2nd half was a sudden change that got us an easy TD. The sack on Dak on the last possession with a 3-man rush was huge because it took away one of their chances and forced them to use their last TO, and of course the last play INT put away after Dak was pressured good on that one too.

Other perspective that I still think is important when looking at the defense:
  • Scoring is up a lot across the league. I believe more total points were scored the first 2 weeks than in any other season in NFL history.
  • Teams with offensive continuity have a huge advantage right now due to lack of pre-season and non-standard camp. Our first 3 games have come against one of the best passing offenses over the past several seasons, a former MVP QB who is playing up to that level again, and a team with an established QB in a contract year who has one of the best WR corps in the league + Zeke Elliott.
  • We have a really young defense and many new starters, a challenge now made worse after losing both Bruce Irvin and Blair for the year. However long it would normally take a unit like that to work things out, it's magnified this year w/o pre-season.
Not excuses, just truth & reality. This defense may not even rise to the level of average this season, but I do think it has a great chance to improve quite a bit over the next 3-4 games. With how many points this offense can and will score on a consistent basis, a D that is just average or even slightly below will make us serious contenders. Most people think we already are with the worst statistical defense in the league (or very close to it).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Damian Lewis' injury wasn't severe either and he has a chance to play this Sunday as well.

Pete Carroll said on @710ESPNSeattle that Damien Lewis' ankle injury is not a high-ankle sprain. Has a shot to play this week. #Seahawks
— John Boyle (@johnpboyle) September 28, 2020

Really really encouraging stuff about the injuries from the game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'll say about the D is they are at least making some big plays when needed. The strip/sack to open the 2nd half was a sudden change that got us an easy TD. The sack on Dak on the last possession with a 3-man rush was huge because it took away one of their chances and forced them to use their last TO, and of course the last play INT put away after Dak was pressured good on that one too.

Other perspective that I still think is important when looking at the defense:
  • Scoring is up a lot across the league. I believe more total points were scored the first 2 weeks than in any other season in NFL history.
  • Teams with offensive continuity have a huge advantage right now due to lack of pre-season and non-standard camp. Our first 3 games have come against one of the best passing offenses over the past several seasons, a former MVP QB who is playing up to that level again, and a team with an established QB in a contract year who has one of the best WR corps in the league + Zeke Elliott.
  • We have a really young defense and many new starters, a challenge now made worse after losing both Bruce Irvin and Blair for the year. However long it would normally take a unit like that to work things out, it's magnified this year w/o pre-season.
Not excuses, just truth & reality. This defense may not even rise to the level of average this season, but I do think it has a great chance to improve quite a bit over the next 3-4 games. With how many points this offense can and will score on a consistent basis, a D that is just average or even slightly below will make us serious contenders. Most people think we already are with the worst statistical defense in the league (or very close to it).

Our next 4 look like this

W4>:( Miami. I can see a blowout
W5: Vs Minnesota on SNF. Again, mismatch
W7: @Zona. Good test to see how good we are.
W8: vs 49ers. Tough because they are a rival.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Damian Lewis' injury wasn't severe either and he has a chance to play this Sunday as well.

Yeah, it sorta seems like we dodged a bullet, relative to a lot of other teams around the league that are dealing with an unprecedented amount and degree of injuries.

If it were up to me, I probably rest both Jamal Adams and Chris Carson this week unless they are able to practice Wed-Fri with no issues. Based on the upcoming opponent and taking into account how important those 2 players are to the team, I wouldn't do anything that increases risk of re-injury vs Miami.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona was really getting me concerned until losing to Detroit yesterday. You have weird outcomes like that every year, but I think Arizona winning that game was about the surest bet of week 3. Tough league.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No just no against Miami. Until I can see the 2020 Seattle Seahawks maintain a double-digit lead for longer than 1:30 game time. No I will not believe in a blowout. Prove me wrong Seattle ...... PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely good news... He's been our most promising OL we've drafted in years... He's played very well for only have 3 games under his belt with no Preseason...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

W4: We don't blow teams out... I don't see us blowing Miami out... 34-27 type of game imo...
W5: Not sure how this is a mismatch... They can still put up the points... They only lost to the Titans (3-0) by 1pt on Sunday...
W7: Good test for sure... They're getting much better - especially their air attack and defense...
W8: Always tough...

I don't see us going 4-0 through this stretch but 3-1 probable... I don't see us doing any worse than 2-2 over those 4 games though... Vikings always play us tough and divisional games always seem to be competitive... The Rams used to beat us a lot under J. Fisher and they weren't very good...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W4: We don't blow teams out... I don't see us blowing Miami out... 34-27 type of game imo...
W5: Not sure how this is a mismatch... They can still put up the points... They only lost to the Titans (3-0) by 1pt on Sunday...
W7: Good test for sure... They're getting much better - especially their air attack and defense...
W8: Always tough...

I don't see us going 4-0 through this stretch but 3-1 probable... I don't see us doing any worse than 2-2 over those 4 games though... Vikings always play us tough and divisional games always seem to be competitive... The Rams used to beat us a lot under J. Fisher and they weren't very good...

I don't really do predictions because I have no clue who is going to win. But the next 2 games should be pretty favorable for us. The Phish are bereft of talent and while Fitzmagic could have a good game, I think it would also require a bad game from Russ for them to keep it within 10.

The Vikings pass defense has been pretty terrible as well. They haven't given up as many yards as the Hawks but they've also been behind in all of their games.

So I do expect the Seahawks to keep humming along in the next 2 weeks. Whether our D can hunker down or not remains to be seen.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really do predictions because I have no clue who is going to win. But the next 2 games should be pretty favorable for us. The Phish are bereft of talent and while Fitzmagic could have a good game, I think it would also require a bad game from Russ for them to keep it within 10.

The Vikings pass defense has been pretty terrible as well. They haven't given up as many yards as the Hawks but they've also been behind in all of their games.

So I do expect the Seahawks to keep humming along in the next 2 weeks. Whether our D can hunker down or not remains to be seen.

The Phins haven't played poorly this season... I think they're a better team than their record indicates... They played Pat's/Bills tough - no reason to think they won't play us tough as well... JMHO... The play of our defense is the reason I don't think we'll see a blow out of the Phins and a gimme vs the Vikings...

1601331225746.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phins haven't played poorly this season... I think they're a better team than their record indicates... They played Pat's/Bills tough - no reason to think they won't play us tough as well... JMHO... The play of our defense is the reason I don't think we'll see a blow out of the Phins and a gimme vs the Vikings...

View attachment 254485

They aren't Jets terrible certainly.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't Jets terrible certainly.
they are not Jets/Giants terrible no you are right and Miami has scored 62 points on offense in their last two games. They can put up points and with Fitzmagic you never know as he can flat out be the Best QB in the NFL any given week lol. Reminds me a lot of David Krieg in that when he is hot he is red hot but when he is cold he is sub zero. Kriegs normal play though was much better and his swings were never as big as Fitz's are ( never as low ). I could see him eating this Defense up and spitting them out for 450-550 yards. I am fine with that because this defense is getting forged under fire! I think it will make them better in the long run.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Clark tonight is painful....dude never stops.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Carson suffered a knee sprain on a dirty "gator roll" by Cowboys defensive tackle Trysten Hill. Carroll didn't know the severity of the injury."

Clipped this from Yahoo sports, There is no place in football for this when the sole intention of it is to INJURE the player.

he should be fined for this play, he purposely tried to take Carson out, that roll was so effin blatant... Trysten Hill is a piece is shit ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks defense is a total mess....

Seahawks defense only team to ever allow more than 1,200 passing yards through three weeks....​

With the talent in this secondary, this is totally unacceptable ... I understand our pass rush isn’t great so that contributes, but this shit show needs to be cleaned up and it starts with accountability with the coaching staff, because were seeing it over and over, receivers getting wide open, huge play after huge play and no adjustments being made... We can’t continue winning if this defense keeps playing like this, it’s gonna bite is on the ass at some point...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should be fined for this play, he purposely tried to take Carson out, that roll was so effin blatant... Trysten Hill is a piece is shit ...

Not just fined but also suspended for one game imo... Diggs was thrown out of the game for incidental contact (It was a penalty though) but Ty Smith's was malicious with intent to injure....