• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much where I am. I won't say our Pass D doesn't need a great deal of improvement, but against a lesser QB (size/strength/athleticism) I think we have at least 3 sacks last night and stop a few of those drives. Either way, we'll need to address Irvin's loss somehow.

Sack numbers don't tell the whole story. I'm more concerned about our weak pressure rate. Even if we sacked Newton on those 2 plays that he evaded, he still had all sorts of time to throw the ball in general.

Ian Rappaport has confirmed that Irvin is done for the year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to be careful not to get tired of winning like we did when George Karl coached the Sonics. Top free agents actually want to come here. This is a destination of choice around the league. PC is part -- a pretty big part IMO -- of why that is true. The skepticism when we hired him 10 years ago was that the "rah rah" college stuff wouldn't work on NFL players, and it's proven to be false. The vast majority of players like playing here. They like playing for Pete. Stable organizations are good organizations, and we have stability here from RW through PC & JS to the ownership. I think it would be pretty insane to make a conscious decision to break that up unless something changes drastically.

Not there at all... It's just the opposite... I want to be careful we aren't loyal to a fault... See Chuck Knox...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not there at all... It's just the opposite... I want to be careful we aren't loyal to a fault... See Chuck Knox...
Well, I think they could extend PC and still fire him and bring in someone else if they thought that was the right move. That's how Pete got here in the first place. They would be out some $, but that didn't stop them from firing Mora after 1 year to hire Pete.

One guy I've been keeping an eye on is the SF DC -- Salas or something like that. He is absolutely going to be a HC at some point, and he was on the staff here a few years back.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all got to see this piece of work that is dead set about how Harry is as good or BEtter than DK Metcalf and How Sony Michel is better than Carson LMAO!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all got to see this piece of work that is dead set about how Harry is as good or BEtter than DK Metcalf and How Sony Michel is better than Carson LMAO!

After what DK did to the "best corner" in the league he should leave his name out his mouth

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to lose two key players so early into the season. It was a great move to draft Brooks with our first pick so this will be his opportunity to make a great impression. Hill needs to also step up I had high hopes for him coming from a Jim Harbough system in Michigan a player drafted in the third round should atleast be a capable starter.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sources: NFL fines Broncos' Vic Fangio, Seahawks' Pete Carroll, 49ers' Kyle Shanahan $100K each for mask noncompliance​

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol check this out and his FACTS are lies as he flips one year for another for Sony but not for Carson :P

What is it with reading comprehension and you 12s? Where did I say either one is better than the other? Last I check this (=) means equal to? Maybe not in that new math??? Did they also come up new English? Or does adding and (s) to a noun make it plural in most cases?

The only player I said was Edelman which is a fact especially if we want to use longevity stats. Or do those not count in this argument?

Why you 12s feel the need to defend the 5th leading rusher is a mystery.

Here are the undisputable FACTS. Here's the problem with facts. You won't like them. So do you want to use facts or stats?

Carson's best year for yards he had 300 more than Sony's best year.
Carson has fumbled 3x more than Sony.
Both had 7 TDs in their best season.
Sony was part of a SB winning team.
Sony has 6 TDs in the playoffs. Carson has ummmmm yeah we just won't talk about that.
i had to ignore him because i was tired of his stat fixing and number flipping and saying they were FACTS when anyone can check them and they were straight up lies. Figures he would "cheat" to try and prove a point but this is like cheating and turning in your cheatsheet with your test haha. He is a Patriots fan so i guess thats fitting.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPF is so blindly biased against the Seahawks it is rather sad at this point. For years he has been crying about how some fans were mean to him at a game years ago, and his holding the entire fanbase and organization responsible for that is ignorantly pathetic.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are going to see Jordyn Brooks on the field a lot more, and Ugo Amadi appears to be the fill-in for Blair. Amadi looked really solid the other night, so I am not too worried about that, especially if Diggs isn't ejected.

I don't know where exactly the D goes from here, but I feel some context is important: 4 or 5 new starters, almost all the backups are either rookies or 2nd year players, and they had no pre-season. The stage wasn't really set for them to come out of the gate with it all figured out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are going to see Jordyn Brooks on the field a lot more, and Ugo Amadi appears to be the fill-in for Blair. Amadi looked really solid the other night, so I am not too worried about that, especially if Diggs isn't ejected.

I don't know where exactly the D goes from here, but I feel some context is important: 4 or 5 new starters, almost all the backups are either rookies or 2nd year players, and they had no pre-season. The stage wasn't really set for them to come out of the gate with it all figured out.

I'm curious as to why we will put Amadi there instead of one of Dunbar or Flowers.

The Seahawks have given up 900+ yards in offense. That isn't just an issue of gelling.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to why we will put Amadi there instead of one of Dunbar or Flowers.

Well, Dunbar is already out there. Flowers doesn't seem like a nickel type guy, but I suppose it's quite possible he will see the field more.
The Seahawks have given up 900+ yards in offense. That isn't just an issue of gelling.
Didn't say it was.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the lack of pressure ... have we really generated any pressure not counting when Adams rushes? well with the lack of pressure i think we will continue to be chewed up yardage wise on defense. This means that Pete has to change his MO, no more prevent no more going into a shell with a lead. Time to have the offense and defense go full throttle from the first whistle to the very last of the game. Unless something changes on defense this team will most likely have to score 35-40 points per game and even if up 30 to 10 continue to attack because this team gives up points in bunches. With the worst defense in the NFL right now we need our offense to be #1 in points and yardage.

Painful seeing how fast our top 5 Defense has turned into the worst in all of the NFL. I still believe we won't see the real team till week 8.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe we won't see the real team till week 8.
I am hoping it will not take quite that long to make improvements, but at the same time these early challenges shouldn't be a huge surprise given the new faces, young roster, and no pre-season. Offenses that have continuity like Atlanta have a huge advantage right now, and that was something I know I mentioned before the season started. I think we have virtually zero chance to go from where we are now to being a top 10 type defense, but I also don't think we will be among the worst.

One thing I am pretty happy about with the defense in this last game is how they stiffened up vs the run. NE had over 200 yards on the ground in week 1, and I think we held them to under 70. I suppose someone can say that their opponent (Miami) had something to do with that, but 200 yards is still a lot against anyone.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't been to worried about the run defense to be honest. It stiffened up in the 2nd half against the Falcons and played stout this time but man i wish we could get pressure! We might be seeing teams averaging 40+ throws per game against Seattle, hell we got 98 pass attempts against us all ready in 2 games. These young guys will learn under fire! i am fine with that because i believe it will make them grow stronger faster as a group. I just have a feeling that the back end will start ripping it up soon with TO's and stops. fingers crossed.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dorsett is out a few weeks I have no idea what the point was with that signing. I am a little thrown off by Josh Gordon because they signed him and he is suspended indefinitely unless the Seahawks management was told something behind the scenes only god only knows when he comes back.

We have been doing well I just hope with all these injuries around the league nothing happens to Lockett and we will have to go into our games with David Moore as our #2 receiver.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dorsett is out a few weeks I have no idea what the point was with that signing. I am a little thrown off by Josh Gordon because they signed him and he is suspended indefinitely unless the Seahawks management was told something behind the scenes only god only knows when he comes back.

We have been doing well I just hope with all these injuries around the league nothing happens to Lockett and we will have to go into our games with David Moore as our #2 receiver.

Well they weren't aware of Dorsett's injury prior to signing him. I would think that Gordon will get taken off the suspend list at some point.

But, honestly, I think WR is one of our strongest positions right. Swain has looked impressive in the few snaps he has had. Unless we suffer multiple injuries to the position I don't see us really struggling especially with Russ throwing darts.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they weren't aware of Dorsett's injury prior to signing him. I would think that Gordon will get taken off the suspend list at some point.

But, honestly, I think WR is one of our strongest positions right. Swain has looked impressive in the few snaps he has had. Unless we suffer multiple injuries to the position I don't see us really struggling especially with Russ throwing darts.

Who knows when his suspension will be lifted... The coaches may know something, which is why they promoted TE/WR Stephen Sullivan from the practice squad today...