• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about those screen passes last week? Dang, it is great to see 3 biggies out in front of the ball carrier.

it was about time we saw success in the screen game. Our Screen game has always been SO SO bad.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a hell of a rain dump.

Just checked Seattle's AQI and saw 81. Game on!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a hell of a rain dump.

Just checked Seattle's AQI and saw 81. Game on!
Yeah, I live down in Roy and it looks pretty close to normal here now. I can actually see blue sky a few miles away through the clouds, which hasn't been a thing for at least a week. No bail out for NE on this one.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad the Hawks play the Jets and Giants in Seattle and not on that field of injury in New York!

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the Ravens play this afternoon; Patrick Queen looks scary good and fast. Jordyn Brooks better f'in show up this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Jimmy G hurt.

Bosa Tore his ACL.

But Imo not the biggest story of the day

i was watching that game and all i can say is EVERYONE that has EVER played football knows you can jump on the onside kick when ever you want on Defense but it was like " Ok don't jump on it the fans wont know we got paid to let Dallas get it" I mean come on the WHOLE kick return team didn't know a rule you learn from the very first day and something they have been practicing all their lives? i don't think so that was some wacky shit!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter reporting that Irvin may have torn his ACL as well. Two big injuries last night.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter reporting that Irvin may have torn his ACL as well. Two big injuries last night.
If that is true, I expect Clay Matthews to be a Hawk very soon.

And with Blair also probably done for 2020, a statement of fact: Earl Thomas is a free agent.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Seahawks want to extend Pete Carroll’s contract​

I know this won't be a popular comment here but, I gotta admit... I'm not sure i'm sold on this... I would rather wait another year... I believe RW is the main reason PC is as successful as he's been... If RW wasn't here, PC may have been fired already... JMHO...

I'm obviously grateful for everything he's done and been doing for the organization but it just seems like the last 3 years or so, his system/philosophy is becoming a bit prehistoric...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this won't be a popular comment here but, I gotta admit... I'm not sure i'm sold on this... I would rather wait another year... I believe RW is the main reason PC is as successful as he's been... If RW wasn't here, PC may have been fired already... JMHO...

I'm obviously grateful for everything he's done and been doing for the organization but it just seems like the last 3 years or so, his system/philosophy is becoming a bit prehistoric...

The only way I see the Seahawks even thinking of moving on from Pete is if they have an absolute disaster of a season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we have to be careful not to get tired of winning like we did when George Karl coached the Sonics. Top free agents actually want to come here. This is a destination of choice around the league. PC is part -- a pretty big part IMO -- of why that is true. The skepticism when we hired him 10 years ago was that the "rah rah" college stuff wouldn't work on NFL players, and it's proven to be false. The vast majority of players like playing here. They like playing for Pete. Stable organizations are good organizations, and we have stability here from RW through PC & JS to the ownership. I think it would be pretty insane to make a conscious decision to break that up unless something changes drastically.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true, I expect Clay Matthews to be a Hawk very soon.

And with Blair also probably done for 2020, a statement of fact: Earl Thomas is a free agent.
We definitely need some additional depth on the de-line. I'd be happy to see Clay as a seahawk at this point. As for Earl Thomas, I'd say pass. He's sucked ever since leaving Seattle and he is such a loose cannon that I don't think he would be worth the headache.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely need some additional depth on the de-line. I'd be happy to see Clay as a seahawk at this point. As for Earl Thomas, I'd say pass. He's sucked ever since leaving Seattle and he is such a loose cannon that I don't think he would be worth the headache.
Pretty much where I am. I won't say our Pass D doesn't need a great deal of improvement, but against a lesser QB (size/strength/athleticism) I think we have at least 3 sacks last night and stop a few of those drives. Either way, we'll need to address Irvin's loss somehow.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much where I am. I won't say our Pass D doesn't need a great deal of improvement, but against a lesser QB (size/strength/athleticism) I think we have at least 3 sacks last night and stop a few of those drives. Either way, we'll need to address Irvin's loss somehow.
Maybe bring back Griffin?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe at this point PC is here until he no longer wants to be here, either because he's done or health reasons. Even if he had 2 or three bad seasons. As for already being fired without RW, well I'd argue every coach would lose their job if they don't have an elite QB or an elite defense which he created here at one point. I mean even Andy Reed was let go from Phily once they no longer had Donovan McNabb and couldn't find a replacement to match his former level of play.