• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Former Jets safety Jamal Adams posted and then deleted a photo of himself watching the Seahawks’ Week 4 matchup against the Dolphins with his helmet on, arms crossed behind his back and what appeared to be a rolled joint sitting on a coffee table.

Pot isn't tested anymore by the league, right?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish the NFL would make a move on Gordon all ready. The CBA says they have to before 60 days has passed from when the player asked for reinstatement and they are way past due with not a single word from them. This is BS in my eyes as Goodell is once again acting like he is above the rules and CBA! To be honest we as fans of the NFL, and i am talking to EVERYONE not just hawks fans, really need to figure out a way to protest his " i am king and the rules don't pertain to me" mentality.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of how all the mechanics work in this weird COVID season, but I'm reading and hearing that Snacks Harrison has been or will imminently be added to our practice squad. I doubt he would be on the field Sun night vs Minn, but I like this move a lot. I know "the" problem with our D is not directly addressed with this, but I think it will lighten the load a bit for each of the DT rotation guys (I heard Reed is playing 75% of the snaps, which may be too high) and hopefully keep them fresher in games and later in the season. It makes the D better (at least on paper), so I'm all for it.

I also heard yesterday that Kendricks was back in town, and not as a tourist.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of how all the mechanics work in this weird COVID season, but I'm reading and hearing that Snacks Harrison has been or will imminently be added to our practice squad. I doubt he would be on the field Sun night vs Minn, but I like this move a lot. I know "the" problem with our D is not directly addressed with this, but I think it will lighten the load a bit for each of the DT rotation guys (I heard Reed is playing 75% of the snaps, which may be too high) and hopefully keep them fresher in games and later in the season. It makes the D better (at least on paper), so I'm all for it.

Snacks is definitely a good signing for sure... I'd also like to see Alton Robinson get some more reps... Seems like in his limited snaps, he's been the most productive when it comes to our DE's... He has 1 sack and 3 TFL already...

Also, with the play of our offense, just imagines what it will look like when/if we get Penny, Gordon and Dorsett on the field this year...

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snacks is definitely a good signing for sure... I'd also like to see Alton Robinson get some more reps... Seems like in his limited snaps, he's been the most productive when it comes to our DE's... He has 1 sack and 3 TFL already...

Also, with the play of our offense, just imagines what it will look like when/if we get Penny, Gordon and Dorsett on the field this year...
With how our WRs have been playing, at least 4-deep, I'm not terribly excited to see Dorsett. Would be nice to get Gordon back on the field, only because he has a proven track-record of being an elite talent/game-changer.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Gordon/Dorsett thing, I guess opportunities for Swain would be decreased the most? I would be ok with that if it's to get Gordon worked in, but I don't know if Dorsett brings enough production to justify putting Swain's learning curve on hold.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how our WRs have been playing, at least 4-deep, I'm not terribly excited to see Dorsett. Would be nice to get Gordon back on the field, only because he has a proven track-record of being an elite talent/game-changer.
Gordon will be a great addition - especially on 3rd down... Yeah at this point, i'd rather have Moore on the field than Dorsett...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Jamal Adams is out again this week. Probably the right call as it all but guarantees he'll be returning immediately after the bye.

Seems like Dunbar may be on track to play vs Minn, but it's certainly not assured.

Also feels like a longshot that Snacks would be able to play already, but I haven't heard as much about that. The good news is our whole offense seems to be pretty healthy, so that's probably good enough on its own to beat all but a few teams in the league right now. And this game is in prime time, where RW is at his best and Kirk Cousins tends to struggle. 5-0 is looking very likely.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this weekends game the Hawks go on their bye week and Penny will be knocking on the door to come back. We have not heard much about Penny but i expected that during a pandemic where he can't really do much at the facility, but i did hear he was in there being put through some paces earlier this week and measuring his quads ( to make sure he gets his leg back to where it needs to be strength wise ). The good news was he looked good and his leg was only 1/2 centimeter smaller than the other. The only thing i am a little worried about is his fitness because penny has kind of always been a little thick if you get my meaning. I mean you would never guess he is heavier than Carson when you look at the two's running styles but when looking at their builds Penny looks more like the "Power" back than Carson does. I know both are listed at 5 foot 11 and many places has penny at 220 but lets not forget he was 230+ when he was playing last year and the year before. They ( Coaches AND Penny ) talked a few times over the years about getting him down a little bit in weight but meh it never really happened lol he is just a thick boy.

So What do they do when It's time for Penny to come back? Dallas to PS? Homer? Carry 5 RB's? Release Hyde? Can't see them doing that though ( Releasing Hyde ). I also have this feeling when Penny does come back they will turn into the same run first team that was stubborn to a fault and once again are waiting till LATE 4th quarters to try and win games using Wilsons talent. Lets hope not. Guess that means i don't fully trust this coaching staff, but i never really ever FULLY trust anyone unless it's friends or family and even sometimes not even then lol.

Still though I would love to See Penny back on the field and talking about seeing people back on the field i would LOVE to see Dissly getting some more reps but he is still having the Achilles issue and was limited once again. I wonder if this is just the Hawks taking it super slow with him because of his injury or is it like the whole Sherman thing where it's got a partial tear and he is playing with it. Oh god i hope not because this boy needs to catch a break sooner or later.

Last edited:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Snacks Harrison make his debut Sunday?​

Newly-signed defensive tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison is on the practice squad for right now while he adjusts to his new team, but the assumption is that he’ll be activated to the 53-man roster shortly – and potentially even in time for Sunday’s game against the Vikings.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Snacks Harrison make his debut Sunday?​

Newly-signed defensive tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison is on the practice squad for right now while he adjusts to his new team, but the assumption is that he’ll be activated to the 53-man roster shortly – and potentially even in time for Sunday’s game against the Vikings.
That would be cool. The quote yesterday from PC was more or less "Not sure, need to see what he looks like on the practice field first." It sounded like if he appeared to be in reasonably decent shape, they would try to get him out there on Sunday.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broadcaster Dori Monson suspended from Seattle Seahawks' radio shows over tweet​

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that both Rasheem Green and Phillip Dorsett are scheduled to return after the bye week.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Offense ranks 31st out of 32 teams for converting 3rd downs. Think about that for a minute. This offense has done ok but really? One of the MAIN reasons the offense struggled so bad last night is because they CAN NOT CONVERT 3RD DOWNS!

Unless this team starts converting at a better pace on 3rd downs we will see more games like last nights. You can not rely on out scoring your opponents if you can not convert 3rd downs into 1st. thankfully they are 4 of 5 on 4th downs but as fans when you rely on 4th downs you know thats going to kill you just ask the Vikings.

Defense can't stop anyone on 3rd downs also, but the shocking thing is as bad as the Hawks defense is at STOPPING 3rd downs the offense is even worse at converting them. Defense stops 3rd down plays 50% of the time. The offense converts 3rd down plays 32% of the time. oof.

Lets hope they go hard core on fixing both these major issues during the bye week. If it was up to me these guys wouldn't get a week off. yes they won't have to play a game but i would have them work at least 3 days during the bye week on 3rd downs both the offense and defense.