• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder if there is any chance for the Seahawks to make a big trade to get a big time pass rusher?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder if there is any chance for the Seahawks to make a big trade to get a big time pass rusher?

Like who though? and with what capital? I just don't see someone we could get but then again i never really thought long and hard about it. I am sure someone that wants to put in the effort might come up with some good plans on who and how to make it work. But we have a lack of draft picks so players or player will need to most likely be involved. oof Like Carson and a 3rd/4th see i don't even want to imagine how they would make that work.

I would rather the Hawks go with it, let the Young guys learn and draft heavy on DL/DE. Also our 2nd round rookie will be getting some more time soon after the Bye along with Green. Maybe Taylor and Green become bookends lol HEY! don't destroy my dream just yet!

i bet after this weekend we are still unbeaten! lol

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose there is a chance, but I have no idea who would be available. Seems like it would need to be someone coming up on a payday from a team out of contention.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No big time pass rushers are going to be available at this point and we don't have the draft capital to make any moves.

Might as well let Green, Collier, Brooks (once returned) loose and see what we have. That's a couple 1st rounders and a 3rd... Seattle doesn't even have that much cap room.

I'd also like to see Seattle dial up some different schemes on defense or a bit more press coverage but I know I'm beating a dead horse with bashing Ken Norton's playcalling (as Seattle has now given up as many yards through 5 GP as the 1950 Colts) but hopefully with Adams (and hopefully Dunbar) returning we'll use more of a cover 3 and box set and stop allowing 5-10 YAC passes over the middle of the field and a 37+ year old (about to be 38) QB scrambling for a first down on 3rd and long. :rolleyes2:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big time pass rushers are going to be available at this point and we don't have the draft capital to make any moves.

Might as well let Green, Collier, Brooks (once returned) loose and see what we have. That's a couple 1st rounders and a 3rd... Seattle doesn't even have that much cap room.

I'd also like to see Seattle dial up some different schemes on defense or a bit more press coverage but I know I'm beating a dead horse with bashing Ken Norton's playcalling (as Seattle has now given up as many yards through 5 GP as the 1950 Colts) but hopefully with Adams (and hopefully Dunbar) returning we'll use more of a cover 3 and box set and stop allowing 5-10 YAC passes over the middle of the field and a 37+ year old (about to be 38) QB scrambling for a first down on 3rd and long. :rolleyes2:

You forgot about 2020 2nd round Pick DE Darrell Taylor who should be coming to the Hawks active roster soon. I don't blame you as many have seemed to have forgot about him because no one has got to see him at all yet lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about 2020 2nd round Pick DE Darrell Taylor who should be coming to the Hawks active roster soon.

Oh yes I also forgot about him. I mean that's 2 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder. At some point gotta see if these guys are going to pan out.

Now I will give Ken Norton a pass on that, he's dealing with a very young crew and Collier really didn't play last year... and already suffering injuries... but it'd be good to see what these guys can prove. I'd love to sign another pass rusher but we just don't have the capital/cap room for much at the moment. The FO clearly wanted to go the Jamal Adams route. I would like to see our scheme changed up a bit, but there's a reason I'm not being paid 7 figures to be a coach/coordinator in the NFL (because I know a fraction of what they do).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope you are right not much capital or cap room. Like i said earlier if any trade happens it will include a player just to clear cap space. Don't have the "talent" to be handing it away if you ask me.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes I also forgot about him. I mean that's 2 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder. At some point gotta see if these guys are going to pan out.

Now I will give Ken Norton a pass on that, he's dealing with a very young crew and Collier really didn't play last year... and already suffering injuries... but it'd be good to see what these guys can prove. I'd love to sign another pass rusher but we just don't have the capital/cap room for much at the moment. The FO clearly wanted to go the Jamal Adams route. I would like to see our scheme changed up a bit, but there's a reason I'm not being paid 7 figures to be a coach/coordinator in the NFL (because I know a fraction of what they do).
Go interview for the Eagles D-Coor. Anybody can do that job.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding out for the Texans HC job. I get the 2nd interview call back next week. They were impressed with my 2003 Madden PC record of 38-0.
You're a shoe in! Remember to give them your five point steps on trading for Hopkins

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a shoe in! Remember to give them your five point steps on trading for Hopkins

They asked that during the interview.

FO: "I'm sure you're aware of the Hopkins trade that recently happened?"
Me: "Yep."
FO: "How would you have handled that?"
Me: "Well it's difficult to say. But I think we asked for a bit too much. We should've gone for the 3rd rounder to get in good faith with Arizona, so we could take advantage of further trade opportunities!"
FO: "Excellent answer... Well said, we look forward to talking with you next week."

tenor.gif

The 'we' was a very crucial part of my interview to let them know I'm a TEAM PLAYER! Just gotta lead with that.... it's a critical move in this line of business.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys bringing up Coordinators reminded me i am very worried all of a sudden bout our OC. Man you just don't continue to attack a 2 deep look with the passing game. you attack it with running the ball and they didn't want to. Either Carson is more banged up than they are letting on or they just don't understand when to change things up! Would make sense as they always would run the ball all game long till Russell would have to do one of his comeback 4th quarter games. sigh yeah i am worried a little i mean it was plain as day and from the start the Hawks should have been running Carson till the Vikings put that 8th man in the box. The Vikings were GIVING them the light box saying go ahead and run it!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They asked that during the interview.

FO: "I'm sure you're aware of the Hopkins trade that recently happened?"
Me: "Yep."
FO: "How would you have handled that?"
Me: "Well it's difficult to say. But I think we asked for a bit too much. We should've gone for the 3rd rounder to get in good faith with Arizona, so we could take advantage of further trade opportunities!"
FO: "Excellent answer... Well said, we look forward to talking with you next week."

tenor.gif

The 'we' was a very crucial part of my interview to let them know I'm a TEAM PLAYER! Just gotta lead with that.... it's a critical move in this line of business.
You're good to go. If it falls apart there's always the Jets job.