• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh it's week 9 at that point that he'd start. If it's a 1 year deal whatever, sure why not. You're not going to ruin a locker room that quick. I dunno how much game shape he's in but with Russ QB'ing AB could be absolutely insane... and who knows if an injury occurs... our depth at WR is not exactly insane. AB (let's say even if he's 50% of what he was), Metcalf, and Lockett would be disgusting with Russ throwing the ball.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is still that he's "Working his way up to active roster" as of 10/20, but that the Bucs and Dolphins have tried to sign him off the PS and he's denied their requests.

Tells me he knows he's close and that he wants to be on a winner. I hope snacks comes in hungry!
Hopefully by next week he's ready to go.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks sign Mychal Kendricks and place him on the practice squad. I assume he’ll be on the active roster soon.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logic I can see with a potential AB signing is where is the available help on defense?

If this team has already taken the position to throw the ball a lot, and it's working, if there's no way to bolster the D, you might as well make the offense as unstoppable as you can. I don't know if I 100% agree with it, but I can also dream about DK, Lockett, and AB running routes and watching teams try to defend that.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in support of an AB signing I understand our passing game is clicking very well and that there are concerns he may ruin the locker room. To that I argue is our WR depth really isn't that deep one injury to either Metcalf or Lockett then makes David Moore our #2 that changes the landscape of everything.

Also a signing to our team keeps him away from other teams. Lets not confuse this we are gunning to try and win the super bowl that's why we are loading up signing everyone from snacks Harrison, to Kendricks whoever to make this run. If we don't sign AB we have to be open that a team like the Bucs or god forbid the packers may sign AB and come the playoffs we have to face them with what we know our defense not playing all that well. So by signing AB that negates that scenario.

Also I think the narrative that AB will destroy a locker room all the distractions he had with his previous teams it didn't really effect their season the Patriots cut him loose after one game and I believe they won like 11-12 games that season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still just don't really see the need to add another WR like AB. I definitely don't want targets taken away from TL or DK at this point. In fact, I think TL probably needs some more attention, which isn't gonna happen if you bring in Antonio Brown and try to force him into the mix. DK is on the verge of being a top 5 WR if he isn't already there. You really wanna do something on purpose to mess that up? I am also more intrigued by what David Moore could do with increased opportunities than I am by what Antonio Brown may have left to offer at the age of 32 after a long layoff and several really bad break-ups. No thanks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1603390509768.png

Dang been nice if the Seahawks had gotten Yannick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of him. Giving up a couple of draft picks for a mid-tier pass rusher who is going to want to get paid big money isn't a great idea.

The Vikings thought that he was going to be a big time pass rusher but dumped him, at a loss, after only 6 games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of him. Giving up a couple of draft picks for a mid-tier pass rusher who is going to want to get paid big money isn't a great idea.

The Vikings thought that he was going to be a big time pass rusher but dumped him, at a loss, after only 6 games.
Vikings are in last place in their division at 1-5, they are conceding. So they are trying to recoup some of the expense. The Ravens are in the thick of things and traded for him. So I'd say that means he's still a highly valued piece.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have but this run is going to end. We need to keep Picks so we can keep it up for longer.

PS. We got flexed to SNF
Which run you talking about? The 5 game winning streak? Ngakoue could of helped with the pass rush, where the Seahawks need the help. Could help with the Super Bowl Champion quest.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which run you talking about? The 5 game winning streak? Ngakoue could of helped with the pass rush, where the Seahawks need the help. Could help with the Super Bowl Champion quest.

I meant the playoffs, after playoffs after playoffs

This run of good Football we have been seeing.

I understand that helps us NOW but down the line it hurts us

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the playoffs, after playoffs after playoffs

This run of good Football we have been seeing.

I understand that helps us NOW but down the line it hurts us
A third 2021 and a conditional 5th in 2022? If he can be signed think he worth way way more then that and will help the run of playoffs. Even if he isn't signed think it well worth it for a Super Bowl run.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A third 2021 and a conditional 5th in 2022? If he can be signed think he worth way way more then that and will help the run of playoffs. Even if he isn't signed think it well worth it for a Super Bowl run.

We are already really thin in the 2021 draft. And he isn't a good as people think..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did have 5 sacks through 6 games... That's 14.5 sacks for the season...