• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks defense is a total mess....

Seahawks defense only team to ever allow more than 1,200 passing yards through three weeks....​

With the talent in this secondary, this is totally unacceptable ... I understand our pass rush isn’t great so that contributes, but this shit show needs to be cleaned up and it starts with accountability with the coaching staff, because were seeing it over and over, receivers getting wide open, huge play after huge play and no adjustments being made... We can’t continue winning if this defense keeps playing like this, it’s gonna bite is on the ass at some point...

The defense certainly needs to tighten up, although I do think it is more about the pass rush than the coverage. If a QB throws the ball 57 times, you are going to give up a lot of yards.

But we should also keep in mind that the defense is 22nd in points allowed which isn't great but given our current offensive output there is no way we are going to be a top 10 defense in terms of total yards or points allowed. When you average 34 points a game, you are going to give up points and yards.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just fined but also suspended for one game imo... Diggs was thrown out of the game for incidental contact (It was a penalty though) but Ty Smith's was malicious with intent to injure....
Truth

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we be better off if our pass D improved? Well, of course. But we are not doomed to hell in the 2020 NFL because we allow lots of passing yards. Teams throw a lot when trailing, especially when the opponent is scoring 30+ every game. We have had double digit leads in the 2nd half of all 3 games so far, and our worst single game point total right now is 35. Green Bay is the only team in the NFC that has scored more total points than us. Passing yards just really do not equate to winning football games.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just fined but also suspended for one game imo... Diggs was thrown out of the game for incidental contact (It was a penalty though) but Ty Smith's was malicious with intent to injure....

NFL: "Let's throw that guy out of the game and fine him because he's playing in the secondary and tackled a receiver who caught the ball who also ducked his head into the safety...."
Also NFL: "Ah the guy that purposely tried to injure two players... eh fuck it. Jerry, we expect that check to clear by tomorrow at noon...."

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next 4 look like this

W4>:( Miami. I can see a blowout
W5: Vs Minnesota on SNF. Again, mismatch
W7: @Zona. Good test to see how good we are.
W8: vs 49ers. Tough because they are a rival.
I'm not taking Miami lightly. Fitzy if he's on can air it out if our pass rush is off. I know this team has been road warriors but the heat and humidity can be a factor.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking Miami lightly. Fitzy if he's on can air it out if our pass rush is off. I know this team has been road warriors but the heat and humidity can be a factor.
Agreed. I hate when the Seahawks have to play any of the Florida teams on the road early in the season.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Fitzpatrick isn't as elusive as guys like Cam or Dak. Hopefully those close call sacks become actual sacks against lesser athletes going forward.

Kyler Murray, now he scares me.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Fitzpatrick isn't as elusive as guys like Cam or Dak. Hopefully those close call sacks become actual sacks against lesser athletes going forward.

Kyler Murray, now he scares me.
Kyler Murray has turned the ball over every game this season I am not really impressed by their win over the redskins and loss to the lions. I will give it to them they won in SF by throwing the ball over and over again to Hopkins but Murray isn't on that Lamar Jackson level yet.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray has turned the ball over every game this season I am not really impressed by their win over the redskins and loss to the lions. I will give it to them they won in SF by throwing the ball over and over again to Hopkins but Murray isn't on that Lamar Jackson level yet.
I don't disagree with this, that said an elusive QB and an elite WR look like a really bad matchup for Seattle's D right now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who have been demanding that we blitz more, we are the 5th most blitzing team in the NFL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with this, that said an elusive QB and an elite WR look like a really bad matchup for Seattle's D right now.

I'll take one elite receiver over 4 very good receivers. You can bracket a single very good receiver.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I think has gotten lost in the noise of how hot the explosive offense has been, is that the O line is doing an outstanding job in pass blocking so far.

Russ has had a ton of long throws and they take time to develop, and the guys up front have provided that so far. That has 100% not been the case in recent years, as we all know.

The game winning throw to DK last week is just an example. DK was definitely not the 1st read, but the protection was so good and gave him time to see the field. That has been a trend so far and hopefully it continues.

Just wanted to give a shout out to those guys. They say if people know your name on the o line it's a bad thing. The fact that we haven't had to bitch about them so far is a compliment to how they're playing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lengthy injury report this week:

Did Not Participate
  • T Duane Brown (knee)
  • DE Benson Mayowa (groin)
  • DT Poona Ford (groin)
  • S Jamal Adams (groin)
  • CB Quinton Dunbar (knee)
  • LB Jordyn Brooks (knee)
Limited Participation
  • RB Chris Carson (knee)
  • TE Will Dissly (Achilles)
  • CB Shaquill Griffin (shoulder)
  • CB Neiko Thorpe (hip)
  • S Lano Hill (back)
  • RB Carlos Hyde (shoulder)
  • WR DK Metcalf (resting veteran)
  • WR Tyler Lockett (resting veteran)
  • G Damien Lewis (ankle)
  • C Ethan Pocic (ankle/knee)
  • G Mike Iupati (knee)
  • TE Greg Olsen (resting veteran)
The good news is there are guys on that limited participation list that we thought might be out a while after the Dallas game -- most notably Carson & Lewis. I don't expect to see Jamal Adams on the field in Miami, but hopefully Mayowa and Ford are able to go. The Duane Brown stuff is more or less normal I think. Today/tomorrow will be pretty telling on the borderline guys.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised to see Adams on sunday.

Really hope that Lewis, Pocic and Iuputi are a go on Sunday though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jamal Adams out, but Chris Carson will be a go.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jamal Adams out, but Chris Carson will be a go.

Yeah, Adams is out... So is Brooks... Hope D. Lewis is playing... Sounds like he is...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's official... Brooks & Adams are out... Carson, Lewis and Pocic look like they're good to go...

Dunbar looks uncertain at this time...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with our 1st picks in the draft the last 4 years? All 4 of them have been injured and unable to play much...

2017: Malik McDowell - never played a snap for us
2018: Rashaad Penny -nicked up as a rookie and then blew out his knee last season, meanwhile on the IR to start the season this year...
2019: LJ Collier - Late bloomer last year because he was injured for almost all training camp and then didn't play much during the season because he wasn't catching on to things quick enough...
2020: Jordyn Brooks - Started his first game and then got injured and may miss up to 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain...

All in all, this is crazy how unlucky we've been the past 4 seasons w/ our 1st picks in the draft... We haven't gotten much productivity from any of them so far outside penny for a 3 game stretch last year...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Seahawks were upset with Cowboys defensive tackle Trysten Hill for twisting Seahawks running back Chris Carson‘s leg after a tackle during last Sunday’s game and the league has fined Hill in response to the move.

Hill’s move left Carson with a knee injury and Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that he’s been fined $6,522 for his actions last weekend. There were calls for a suspension from some corners during the week and those who felt that way will likely believe Hill’s getting off easy for a play that clearly crossed the line.

Carson was able to practice this week and has been listed as questionable to face the Dolphins, although Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll suggested he’d be available.

That wasn’t the only play that led to a fine for Hill. Pelissero reports that he was fined the same amount for roughing Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson during the game."

That fat turd got off easy!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Former Jets safety Jamal Adams posted and then deleted a photo of himself watching the Seahawks’ Week 4 matchup against the Dolphins with his helmet on, arms crossed behind his back and what appeared to be a rolled joint sitting on a coffee table.