• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Hawks blitzed on 51% of the plays thats a HUGE up tic and it was nice to see but thats dangerous to do so often. I would be happy with a number in the high 30% or Low 40% range. Lets just not go into that 20%-25% range again. The plays they designed to get pressure were also great that was some good coaching up right there. I watched a break down and the Hawks got pressure because of play design not organically but the fact they were able to design up pressure is a good sign.
It looked like Bobby Wags was enjoying those calls. He seriously looked like a guy who was fed up with teams shoving the ball down our throat. It was really good to see.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Rasheem Green on the IR? Because he comes back and i think they need space for him and with Moore getting suspended its a must and they want to bring Snacks up do they not? And Guard Haynes can come back also. Preemptive Moves maybe? I think it has more to do with the people coming back than Brooks and needing space. Brooks looks special though.

The players they have brought in to play CB and S have looked good and i think they played themselves onto the team so they needed to make moves elsewhere. I like seeing competition at the CB spots from top to bottom, I expect improved play as they fight for playing time. Hell even Flowers looked to have improved last week! Maybe this competition gets them all playing at their best.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Rasheem Green on the IR? Because he comes back and i think they need space for him and with Moore getting suspended its a must and they want to bring Snacks up do they not? And Guard Haynes can come back also. Preemptive Moves maybe? I think it has more to do with the people coming back than Brooks and needing space. Brooks looks special though.

The players they have brought in to play CB and S have looked good and i think they played themselves onto the team so they needed to make moves elsewhere. I like seeing competition at the CB spots from top to bottom, I expect improved play as they fight for playing time. Hell even Flowers looked to have improved last week! Maybe this competition gets them all playing at their best.

I just want Adams back. I'm getting seriously annoyed we keep trading all this draft ammunition for players that then end up injured their entire time, here...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Adams back. I'm getting seriously annoyed we keep trading all this draft ammunition for players that then end up injured their entire time, here...
I totally agree Shark. The guy has such high energy and really gives the defense a boost and having him not out there sucks when we gave up so much to get him. On the other hand, I want him totally healthy and playing in the stretch run when it matters most. I mostly want to see him back for the Rams game. Getting Goff rattled and beating those bastards would be fantastic. I want to see what Harrison and Dunbar bring to the front as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Graham missed 5 games in the first of 3 seasons he was here and then played all 16 games in the following 2 seasons. Sheldon Richardson played 15 games here in 2017. Clowney played 13 last year. Duane Brown has only missed 4 games since coming here 3 years ago. Unless I am missing one, Percy Harvin is the only big trade acquisition we've made in recent history that missed more games than he played in or even close. So far Jamal Adams has only played in 3 games, but we have more than half a season left here (and 1 more year on his current contract) so it's a touch premature to group him with Harvin. And it's definitely inaccurate to say all the players we make big trades for seem to be injured all the time. It's just objectively false.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome news... The Hawks sign Alex Collins to the practice squad... We need depth at this position badly...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Things i REALLY want to see in the Buffalo game!

1. better running game and more attempts like 28+ Not counting QB Scrambles but yes counting designed QB Runs
2. Blitz on Defense around 38%-45% of the time, Mix it up and force their Young QB to make bad decisions.

Letting Russ cook was our statement to get Russ involved more and SOONER! Dont wait till midway through the 4th Quarter to switch over into Pass Attack mode when the running game isn't working. My Ideal Game is Wilson throwing 35-38 passes and the Hawks Running 25+ times ( Not counting Scrambles ) If the Running game isn't working but the Pass game is then you can slide more that way and reverse it if the passing game isn't working and the running game is.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. better running game and more attempts like 28+ Not counting QB Scrambles but yes counting designed QB Runs
2. Blitz on Defense around 38%-45% of the time, Mix it up and force their Young QB to make bad decisions.

Letting Russ cook was our statement to get Russ involved more and SOONER! Dont wait till midway through the 4th Quarter to switch over into Pass Attack mode when the running game isn't working. My Ideal Game is Wilson throwing 35-38 passes and the Hawks Running 25+ times ( Not counting Scrambles ) If the Running game isn't working but the Pass game is then you can slide more that way and reverse it if the passing game isn't working and the running game is.

What I really want to see in the Buffalo game, is if Seattle gets a two-possession lead, we don't go soft and give up a TD. It feels like all year we start to get a little separation and poof when 30-60 secs the other team is getting ready to score or already has.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Jamal back is big time. Him plus Dunlap, Snacks, and hopefully Shaquill Griffin will be a big boost for the D. I hope we keep blitzing Bobby and/or just being more aggressive overall with the D.
With Adams coming back, I think our blitzing will continue.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the guys we should be getting back for the 2nd half run, but there's one talked about that I'm 100% in on.

Go get Vic Beasley! We can pay him the minimum to immediately help this pass rush go from worst to average. That's all we need. He's Bruce Irvin 2.0 and there's zero downside to adding him.

Can you imagine essentially adding Jamal Adams, Carlos Dunlap, and Vic Beasley to a defense that only needs a nudge to put this team above the top of the heap they're already on? Come on...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the guys we should be getting back for the 2nd half run, but there's one talked about that I'm 100% in on.

Go get Vic Beasley! We can pay him the minimum to immediately help this pass rush go from worst to average. That's all we need. He's Bruce Irvin 2.0 and there's zero downside to adding him.

Can you imagine essentially adding Jamal Adams, Carlos Dunlap, and Vic Beasley to a defense that only needs a nudge to put this team above the top of the heap they're already on? Come on...
Vic Beasley has a weird career arc. He had that huge year in 2016 (his 2nd in the league), and outside that he really hasn't done a whole lot in terms of sacks. I suppose any little bit could help since we don't have any dominant pass rusher, but he's been a Titan for almost half a season (played 5 games) with zero sacks.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner named NFC Defensive Player of Week 8​

Good for you Wagner. GO HAWKS
Love Bobby Wags. I was thinking during the game that he would be DPOW. Not only the 2 sacks but he was levelling guys in the hole. It was good to see old Bobby in action. He always seems to get up for Niners games. Besides the 2 sacks, 3 TFL, 11 comb tackles, 4 QB pressures. Helluva game by the future HOFer.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really want to see in the Buffalo game, is if Seattle gets a two-possession lead, we don't go soft and give up a TD. It feels like all year we start to get a little separation and poof when 30-60 secs the other team is getting ready to score or already has.
That is the thing that can be so frustrating. The garbage time stats are making our already porous defense look even worse. The game Sunday was a blowout for all intents but then we give up 238 yds and 20 points to a battered Niners team with Nick fucking Mullens. We should have been going after him and running up the score. That's what good teams do. Nick Mullens having a 128 passer rating is a disgrace.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beasley is a option but to be honest he looks like he doesn't even want to play anymore. To play for the Hawks you got to love the game because that's what Pete teaches off of, That passion and desire and from what i have seen Vic doesn't have either anymore.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is a option but to be honest he looks like he doesn't even want to play anymore. To play for the Hawks you got to love the game because that's what Pete teaches off of, That passion and desire and from what i have seen Vic doesn't have either anymore.
Very true. Plus he's leaving a team that's in contention to make another deep playoff run so why would he change coming to Seattle if he's mentally checked out.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that becomes evident, release him, but again, bringing him in while the Titans are paying him has no downside.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RW is averaging 36 attempts a game. Just gotta find more Carries for the RB, however if the option is to let Russ throw or let a 4th round rookie RB run, you let Russ throw.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is averaging 36 attempts a game. Just gotta find more Carries for the RB, however if the option is to let Russ throw or let a 4th round rookie RB run, you let Russ throw.
Yeah, if Carson is back I hope they pound the rock to start. If we're back to relying on Dallas, give it to Russ.

The issue the last few years has been this team's seemingly late change of strategy.

Honestly though, I'm not worried about the offense this game. It's on the secondary and pass rush. Buffalo can beat us throwing deep and Allen running the ball. That's it. Disrupt his rhythm and contain him and this should be a win.