• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunlap played pretty well last year (almost a similar PFF grade to Clowney although Dunlap did get more sacks). He hasn't done much this year but clearly wanted out of Cincy and probably wasn't trying (not to mention I think was benched). I always wanted Seattle to draft Dunlap nearly a decade ago and was fairly annoyed when he was snagged right before we took Tate.

7th rounder is whatever and Finney wasn't even starting. It's obvious Cincy wanted Dunlap gone and ANY protection for their #1 overall pick.

Both teams did well on the trade but I'll give the slight edge to Seattle. If Dunlap can perform similarly to last year going forward and Adams actually gets the fuck back on the field our defense should improve. I'd like to see us fire Ken Norton this week and replace him with... a peewee football coach as I think that'd improve us as well. Seattle has set an NFL record for most yards given up in 6 games. Yah I get our DL is not that great and secondary has been banged up, but SO much of the yards allowed is clearly on the scheme and fact that Norton makes ZERO adjustments outside of dropping everyone 20 yards.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was probably the only move they'll make since the FO doesn't have the draft capital for any other moves or else they'll be really short come draft time.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Matthews is still out there, right?

Yes he is and i still believe they will make another move. One guy will not and can not help the pass rush we have. Still pissed the Hawks didn't even make a move on David Irving! Could have got him for almost nothing!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defense with snacks Harrison, Dunlap and a return of Jamal Adams should improve things although they wont be playing this weekend shouldn't stop us from trying to get the win. If we cant beat a 49ers team at home without Mosart, Debo Samuels, Nick Bosa, and Richard Sherman we are in for a ton of problems.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defense with snacks Harrison, Dunlap and a return of Jamal Adams should improve things although they wont be playing this weekend shouldn't stop us from trying to get the win. If we cant beat a 49ers team at home without Mosart, Debo Samuels, Nick Bosa, and Richard Sherman we are in for a ton of problems.

Well Russ needs to get back to form Sunday. If he does then I expect we will win. Although our running game could be a real problem.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is and i still believe they will make another move. One guy will not and can not help the pass rush we have. Still pissed the Hawks didn't even make a move on David Irving! Could have got him for almost nothing!

Listening to Clayton this morning - he doesn't think they're done dealing or signing DL help... He even mentioned Aldon Smith due to the Cowboys dumping their DL... Jacob Martin is another guy Clayton thinks they could pursue...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Clayton this morning - he doesn't think they're done dealing or signing DL help... He even mentioned Aldon Smith due to the Cowboys dumping their DL... Jacob Martin is another guy Clayton thinks they could pursue...
Before anyone mentioned Aldon Smith he was the one I quietly hoped we would pursue considering his ceiling and the cost to get him. Not sure they are willing to deal him, but if they are that would drastically change our defense considering the Dunlap acquisition and those returning from injuries. No matter who we get, Ken Norton needs to change his game plan because if I see any more soft coverage of 10 yards off the line I will probably need a new TV by the end of the year since mine will have a remote sticking out of it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle could acquire JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, Aaron Donald, and Jalen Ramsey and still find a way to give up 400+ yards a game with Norton's shitty plans.

I imagine we'd only allow about 100 yards in the 1st half, and then Norton would be like: "PFFT well we can't have that! PREVENT, soft zone! Rush 2-3 only! DROP ALL 7-8 others at least 20 yards! Oh, and we finally got Jamal Adams back! DROP HIM INTO A DEEP COVER 2 ZONE, at least 35 yards down the field!"

I'd seriously rather march anyone on this board out there instead of Norton. At least it'd be a change. I'd give you a playbook from the latest Madden and you'd probably do better.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly there is no reason why we cant beat the 49ers without Adams they have so many injuries to that team and Jimmy G has not been playing that well. We will need a healthy Adams along with the rest of our signings and trades for the Rams and Cardinals games in Nov. These divisional games are super key this year we are in a race for this division.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks Expected to Sign Former Running Back: Report​

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...ex-collins-signing-roster-move/&display=popup

Seahawks are bringing in Alex Collins to begin COVID-19 testing in hopes the team can sign the running back to their practice squad ahead of Week 9.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks Expected to Sign Former Running Back: Report​

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...ex-collins-signing-roster-move/&display=popup

Seahawks are bringing in Alex Collins to begin COVID-19 testing in hopes the team can sign the running back to their practice squad ahead of Week 9.

I like that idea... Hope we can get him signed...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 257094

Ugh so tired of this shit.

Spend a bunch of picks on Harvin? Train wreck ensues.
Spend a bunch of picks on Graham and package a pro bowl center? Train wreck ensues.
Trade the farm for Adams? Train wreck ensues.

Like WTF?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunlap played pretty well last year (almost a similar PFF grade to Clowney although Dunlap did get more sacks). He hasn't done much this year but clearly wanted out of Cincy and probably wasn't trying (not to mention I think was benched). I always wanted Seattle to draft Dunlap nearly a decade ago and was fairly annoyed when he was snagged right before we took Tate.

7th rounder is whatever and Finney wasn't even starting. It's obvious Cincy wanted Dunlap gone and ANY protection for their #1 overall pick.

Both teams did well on the trade but I'll give the slight edge to Seattle. If Dunlap can perform similarly to last year going forward and Adams actually gets the fuck back on the field our defense should improve. I'd like to see us fire Ken Norton this week and replace him with... a peewee football coach as I think that'd improve us as well. Seattle has set an NFL record for most yards given up in 6 games. Yah I get our DL is not that great and secondary has been banged up, but SO much of the yards allowed is clearly on the scheme and fact that Norton makes ZERO adjustments outside of dropping everyone 20 yards.
Yeah, totally agree Shark. I like the Dunlap trade. We gave up very little and like I posted on the main board, he's a substantial upgrade from what Clowney brought last year for about 1/3 the price. Another move would be nice to shore up the D. Even if it could get to respectable by season's end, our offense is good enough to make a run.
It sems like so many people think San Fran is superior but I just don't see it. I think our team can beat those guys if Russ has his "A" game. They are really missing Bosa and I think regretting letting Buckner get away. And JimmyG just isn't all that impresive to me.
The Rams is the team that worries me the most. Mostly because of Donald but McVay has that offense turned around a bit too. I am hoping we get Jared "Goof" when we see them but we never seem to.
As for Norton, Pete is partly to blame. He needs to understand that we don't have the talent or personell to play that soft zone and attack the ball like the old days.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly there is no reason why we cant beat the 49ers without Adams they have so many injuries to that team and Jimmy G has not been playing that well. We will need a healthy Adams along with the rest of our signings and trades for the Rams and Cardinals games in Nov. These divisional games are super key this year we are in a race for this division.

I wouldn't look past the 49ers... They've been playing well... For one they're 6th in the league in total yardage where we're last in the league in total yardage given up... I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one to be honest... Not unless our defense starts playing better...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will be the 2nd best team the Hawks have faced all season so yeah do NOT look past them. I think the Cards are better slightly though and i think the Rams are right there with both those clubs. The sad thing is i do not know if we are on that level. When looking at the clubs the hawks beat, this game would go a long way to giving me a little more faith in this team. Because right now with this defense my faith is pretty low.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Adams can get it going this week

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited for next weekend. Jamal Adams should be back, Carlos Dunlap, maybe Josh Gordon!? On the road at Buffalo seems tough but I like our chances if we get those guys on the field.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited for next weekend. Jamal Adams should be back, Carlos Dunlap, maybe Josh Gordon!? On the road at Buffalo seems tough but I like our chances if we get those guys on the field.

Forgive me if I'm going to have to see it to believe it that Adamas will be back, seeing as how I've been hearing that since the bye week.