• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks player says Gronk is "not that good"

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane was just trying to save us all from this incessant deflated football talk garbage.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You definitely need a very good player on Gronk and/or a double team. The Colts had Vontae Davis, their all-pro corner, on him for parts of the game and he did a decent job.

But Edelman had 11 catches as a result, a lot of them on key 3rd down plays..

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks demand respect but never offer any of their own.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about "haters" posting in Seattle threads is hilarious. They're one of the 2 remaining teams left. What else is there to fucking talk about for the next week and a half except the pats & Seahawks?

Hey lucky for you and your ilk that troll the Seahawks endlessly (All season long) huh.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Lane is one of the better nickel corners when healthy. He has the speed and instincts to cover almost anyone in the slot.

However...I did cringe a bit when I heard this on the radio. I was fine with all the smack talk towards Jimmy Graham cause that guy is soft...and we saw how soft he was when he played against LOB

Gronk however is the real deal.

I would have preferred Lane not say anything or take the safe route and just talk up the positives about Gronk and leave all his true feelings behind doors.

But hey we'll see. Maybe Lane and the rest of the Seahawks saw something on tape that they'll be able to exploit.

This is a nonstory...it's more for the haters to chew up during this week of deflate-gate. Oh and hey I spot the 3-4 traditional Seahawk haters in this thread! What a surprise. One person chimes in and the rest of the flock follow. How cute.

I agree. Lane is usually a humble, soft spoken dude. The fact that it was he who said this leads me to believe that they just really like the matchup. Other guys on the Hawks I wouldn't give the benefit of the doubt to when they open their mouths like this, but him saying it actually makes me happy. I think they're going to do a good job against Gronk, his strengths and weaknesses fall in line favorably with the Hawks strengths.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about "haters" posting in Seattle threads is hilarious. They're one of the 2 remaining teams left. What else is there to fucking talk about for the next week and a half except the pats & Seahawks?

Solid point, but most of us know who the usual suspects are in hating us.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Lane is usually a humble, soft spoken dude. The fact that it was he who said this leads me to believe that they just really like the matchup. Other guys on the Hawks I wouldn't give the benefit of the doubt to when they open their mouths like this, but him saying it actually makes me happy. I think they're going to do a good job against Gronk, his strengths and weaknesses fall in line favorably with the Hawks strengths.

Reverse psych,,,

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
Sun Tzu

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the 1st string safeties could give Gronk some trouble. This guy not so much.
Yeah, he is a young nickle back, but he does play a solid game.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rather him not said anything but at the same time I don't think it has any impact on the game. I would think Gronk doesn't need anything to get hyped for the Super Bowl but maybe I am wrong. The Seahawks did something last year calling out Jimmy Graham and it didn't matter.

Like mentioned before Lane wont guard Gronk specifically. Most like its a combo of KJ Wright or Kam Chancellor.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true at all.... You just dont pay attention to the other "pc" stuff. If NFL teams are polite and respectful, 99% of the time, I agree Seattle players are less, so 98% of the time their are complimentary. Problem is the 1 or 2% is what gets headlines, gets threads created and you comment on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you can only see one side.
Yet, you are not the only one.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you can only see one side.
Yet, you are not the only one.

Well, they only see these national headlines, which are few and far between.

We know, because we listen to them every week, that these guys typically go straight off of what they see on tape. If they see a guy who they feel presents challenges, they'll say so. If they see someone who they feel they match up well against, they don't mince words about it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they only see these national headlines, which are few and far between.

We know, because we listen to them every week, that these guys typically go straight off of what they see on tape. If they see a guy who they feel presents challenges, they'll say so. If they see someone who they feel they match up well against, they don't mince words about it.

Yes,funny thing us up here in southern Alaska see tons of Seahawk talk that barely ever makes it to the national stage,meanwhile a no name player of a losing team over on the other coast farts and everyone knows lol.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think this should be a good game. I think there is an attitude on the Seahawks that they are "tougher" then the effete snob football teams from the East Coast. ;)

And maybe they're right but I think the Patriots are a tougher crew then many Seahawk fans are giving them credit for.

So.. Looking forward to the game.

I will say this. I do hope the Seahawks try to match up with Gronk one on one. I'll take that matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've rewatched the 2012 game a few times and you know what...Lane has a point

The Seahawks allowed Gronk a free release on each of his catches. Defense will need to be much more physical with Gronk to knock him off his spot and his timing with Brady.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this guy stinks :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots players distracted by ball gate. This story probably is not even in the top 20 lists of sports chat sites anymore. Besides, Gronk is stupid enough to think its a compliment

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've rewatched the 2012 game a few times and you know what...Lane has a point

The Seahawks allowed Gronk a free release on each of his catches. Defense will need to be much more physical with Gronk to knock him off his spot and his timing with Brady.

Gronk will school him.