• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how do you like your team's draft?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawk's draft was good, they drafted BPA all draft long. That frustrated some, as they want perceived needs addressed immediately at the top of the draft, but top CB, top WR ( in the conversation at the least) were also needed just not as pressing in fan's minds as say DL. Most needs got addressed eventually. Seahawks are going for good-character players and avoiding those whose character adds risk to drafting them, they want players that love football and are motivated to succeed. One thing all Seahawks fans can appreciate is no stupid reach to fill a need, something the Seahawks have done in the past. I give the draft an A but I'm sure some may feel underwhelmed as the Seahawks passed on over-hyped players like Jaleen Carter or someone like Tyree Wilson ( who I would have been happy with) who couldn't test due to an injury and only broke out this season. Solid draft and the Seahawks will be better for it.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals paying money on offense, replinish defense. Tyler Boyd is pretty much gone after this season without saying it. The TE room and maybe the RB room is on life support.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it

Worked on the trenches, where games are won and lost

Not a fan of the qb selected but we will see.

Nice round group of productive, highly athletic, little injury concern

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C+ for Lions imo. They ignored positional value, but took good players. 4 starters and for the first time in like 80 years a competent backup qb.

Not a bad draft to a team that was already likely headed to the playoffs.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles killed it. For awhile they have really needed to find away to inject a lot of young cornerstone players on our defense and over the past two drafts and especially this one Howie seems to have done it. Big fan of all of the defensive players we took, 3 of which are from Georgia. Eagles now have 5 of the starters on that historically great Georgia championship defense. Plus that safety they got from Illinois Sydney Brown seems like a total ball hawk with incredibly impressive reaction time to adjust for deflected balls. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Getting this very physically and athletically talented but raw OT/OG from Alabama to bring some quality depth as he develops under Stoutland and learns behind the Eagles great and Hall of Fame experienced offensive line. That's a great move. He could potentially become something with that development and maybe in a year or two step in starting at right guard when Kelce retires and they swing Jurgens in to center from right guard.

Trading for DeAndre swift is amazing too. They needed to come away with a RB in this draft and the Lions committing so high in the draft to Gibbs made Swift available and Howie swooped in for the price of a 4th rounder in 2025 which the Eagles the Eagles could potentially get as a comp pick in 2025 if Swift has a big year and leaves in free agency next year to a big contract from another team. Second year in a row that Howie during the draft makes a trade for a young talented veteran offensive skill player. If he can stay healthy he can be lethal in the Eagles offense. Swift, Rashaad Penny, Gainwell and Boston Scott for the Giants games is a pretty damn good RB by committee to roll with. Eagles should be able to rotate to keep guys fresh and hopefully healthy.

And then not to be done Howie made a huge UFA signing after the draft. Siposs fell apart last year and he had a terrible punt at the end of the Super Bowl. They signed Ty Zentner who has an incredible leg. A total blue chip punting prospect. He can also kick FGs and not just kick FGs but hit 50+ yard FGs. Useful if Jake Elliott were ever to get injured in a game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round pick aside, I hate it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEs draft was confusing.

They got a lot of value (especially their first three picks) but not sure they addressed all our needs?

Gonzalez could be the steal of the draft? Add in the extra 4th rounder they got for moving back 3 spots.

Head scratcher moving up and giving up picks to the Jets to get the 2nd best rated kicker. Maybe BB felt bad about letting the Steelers jump ahead of them and taking Broderick Jones?
STs was an achillies last year. This draft may have fixed that?

Kayshon Boutte could be another steal in the 6th round.

Overall B to B-

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my GMs favorite Olineman at 10. We got a bunch of DTs and CBs, and a pair of skill players that could be good (WR and RB). I don’t know who will work out and who will not, but I like the positions we drafted. Hopefully our GM is good at evaluating players.

I do think our Oline is going to be solid next year.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, they found some gems.
1. CB...Deonte Banks--Maryland
2. C...John Michael Schmitz--Minnesota
3. WR...Jalin Hyatt--Tennessee
5. RB...Eric Gray--Oklahoma
6. CB...Tre Hawkins--Old Dominion
7. DT...Jordon Riley--Oregon
7. S...Gervarrius Owens--Houston

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Harold. Solid draft that took quality over hype. Set up to have a very good secondary for the forseeable future and although not real big hype names, happy with those later picks to go with what they did in FA. The D should be improved and if schemed properly, could be good enough. I love the Witherspoon pick. Although smaller than some, one of the better corners to come out of the draft in recent years. The kid can flat out ball and is smart.
Have one of the best WR groups in the league now, imo and also a solid 2 headed running attack. Wasn't too keen on the later RB pick but it's depth. We will see how it all pans out but no real complaints from me. Solid A in my book.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid, filled positions of need. Don't like giving grades until we see these guys on the field. Experts gave the Lions an A+ in the 2020 draft and 6 of the 9 picks aren't on the team anymore so I'll wait

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Bears a B. Extra 1st next year, starting Wr (DJ) filled holes in both lines, probably fixed a CB position. Nabbed some rotational guys. However, just too many holes to fill in 1 draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Bears a B. Extra 1st next year, starting Wr (DJ) filled holes in both lines, probably fixed a CB position. Nabbed some rotational guys. However, just too many holes to fill in 1 draft.
Yeah, that's pretty much the grade I gave on our team board. Liked our draft, can even go as far as saying I liked it a lot. But I didn't love it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very pleased with the Eagles draft. It was a testament to the culture the Eagles built. While others were scared away with character concerns for the best player in the draft the Eagles were in a position to take him without reservations because they’ve bet on their locker room culture. I lost myself in tape of Bijon Robinson. Howie reminded me of why you don’t make that investment in a RB in 2023. You just lay in wait for something like what Detroit did and you can get a back to round out the RB room. The Eagles are paying Swift, Gainwell, Penny, Boston Scott, and Trey Sermon about $500,000 more than what Carolina is paying Miles Sanders.

Eagles still have about 15-17 in cap. Want to see them use that to shop at LB. It’s the only position that went unaddressed. I said the same thing this time last year about the secondary and then last summer Roseman added Bradberry and CJGJ. Hopefully, he can pull some of that to bolster the LB room.

Great weekend for the Philadelphia Eagles.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with the Bills draft. Not sure if Dorian Williams will be able to fill the shoes of Edmunds.

1st round - Dalton Kincaid, UTAH, TE-1
Pick makes perfect sense. The Bills needed a game-changer offensive weapon. Robinson and Gibbs were off the board early. Flowers, JSN, Addison, and Johnston (the Big Four) went all in a row. The Bills traded up two spots to leap frog Dallas, which desperately needed a TE. The Bills picked a de facto slot wide receiver. Kincaid is seen more as a receiver than as a blocker.

2nd round - O'Cyrus Torrence, FLORIDA, G-2
Based on what I read, he never gave up a single sack during his 4-year college starting experience. That's what I love consistency and dominance. Skoronski (billed as Tackle, but projected as G) and Steve Avila went ahead of him, but I have a great feeling, he's going to be a blue chip player if he stays healthy. The Bills need to protect Allen and help out in run game.

3rd round - Dorian Williams, TULANE, LB-8
Looks like a decent LB prospect. Had some monster games playing in the American Conference, especially against Cincinnati and UCF in 2022.

5th round - Justin Shorter, FLORIDA, WR-18
Despite being named "Shorter", he is a very tall WR. Bills drafted him for depth & competition purposes. I have done zero homework on him. Based on the stats, he wasn't really a go-to receiver at Florida or Penn State.

7th round - Nick Broeker, Ole Miss, G-13 & Alex Austin, Oregon State, CB-36
Both picks are there to add depth & competition purposes. I have zero expectations for them.

I am not into draft grades, but it looks like Brandon Bean did a pretty good job there. Rounds 1-3 are more important and have the higher percent chance of becoming starters.