• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks make history of most wins vs backup QB's ever

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they were a backup at one point in the season like Kaepernick or Foles. I predicted you guys to win the SB last season at the beginning of the year. I have nothing against the Hawks but I was just wondering a couple days ago how many backups they played because it felt like every win was vs a backup and sure enough that was pretty close to right. I recognize you can only play the hand you're dealt but you have to admit you were dealt a royal flush or at the very least a full house.

The 92 Cowboys are some pretty good company.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks have played a lot of backups this year to no fault of their own, but you can't discount them as they have a two year history of being the best in the NFC. No team wants to face them in the playoffs right now. If you disagree, you are lying. If I had my choice of teams to play (who would actually qualify right now) in the playoffs it would go in this order.

1. Any team in the NFC east
2. Minnesota
3. Green Bay
4. Carolina
5. Seattle

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwelling in the past is all the group of Bandwagon Hawks fans can do because they cannot argue against the initial post. It's ok because I expect nothing less from you. Enjoy playing another backup QB again this week.

And the sad attention whoring continues...........

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to hijack your thread here, but unless your answer is more than 8 then u would be incorrect. I know this because I'm a huge Dallas fan. In 1992,, Dallas won 8 games vs back ups. There was a 9th game in which Rodney Peete was knocked out in the first quarter. Just thought I would throw that out there

Hawks can still break that record with the final three games. Bonus, Hawks even lost to a backup QB this season.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks have played a lot of backups this year to no fault of their own, but you can't discount them as they have a two year history of being the best in the NFC. No team wants to face them in the playoffs right now. If you disagree, you are lying. If I had my choice of teams to play (who would actually qualify right now) in the playoffs it would go in this order.

1. Any team in the NFC east
2. Minnesota
3. Green Bay
4. Carolina
5. Seattle

I can agree with this with exception to Car who hasn't been here before. It always takes at least one postseason before the a new up coming team pulls it off. See Packers before their SB win and the Hawks before theirs.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the sad attention whoring continues...........

I simply posted who the Hawks played along with the QB's and W L record. Then Hawks fans responded with "we beat you last year" or name calling. That's a pretty sad representation of a fan base. But like I said, I expect no less from Hawks fans.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the final play Packers still had to complete a Hail Mary so the gift was much bigger for the Hawks as it was the game winning call or non call.

Well not to be a stickler but it wouldn't have been the game winner for Detroit over Seattle either. Detroit would have still had to punch it in from the one yard line. Not a guarantee by any means.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is stupid. No team has any control over what QB (or any other position for that matter) will be playing. So who really cares?

As far as not having "legitimate wins" (however you want to define that ridiculous statement), I am a firm believer in you are what your record is. No more no less. That is just another reason why power rankings in general are completely retarded unless they are based solely from best to worst by record and ties defined by the league tie breaker rules.

Of course anyone who still defines Ron Dayne as "Great" is obviously a delusional person in serious need of help. Dayne's 8 year NFL career was rather pathetic.

Great and College not so much in the pros. It happens to many UW RB's unfortunately. Our O-line players dominate in the NFL though.

I agree you have no control over your schedule or QB or injuries obviously. However a win can vs a good team with their starter compared to a win vs the same team with a backup is worth less. Their are some power rankings for the NFL that take into consideration SOS, opponent record, home or away, injuries (based on talent level or overall effect the player has on the game), beneficial or bad calls, etc. That's a substantial amount of statistics but it might be the most effective way to rank a team at a point in the season.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not to be a stickler but it wouldn't have been the game winner for Detroit over Seattle either. Detroit would have still had to punch it in from the one yard line. Not a guarantee by any means.

True, especially if they were to pass an inside slant to their worst WR option like the Hawks did in the SB. But I agree with your point it's not 100%.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Hawks win despite Wilson at least for that game. Four int's has to be the worst QB performance to ever win a postseason game. Wilson seems to struggle vs our D. I'm not sure if it's the 3-4 defense, the players, or both.

In that game it was Kearse that was the problem. He kept tipping balls to your guys that he should have caught. At least two int's were on Kearse. And it isn't like Rodgers was having a good game either which lots of people forget. Rodgers finished 19/34, 178 yds, 1 TD 2 INTs and a passer rating under 60.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, especially if they were to pass an inside slant to their worst WR option like the Hawks did in the SB. But I agree with your point it's not 100%.

LOL, why would anyone do that? Just run it up the gut.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be glad then that the Hawks will be such an easy out in the playoffs then, right?

Your words not mine, I was just posting Hawks record vs backup QB's and most Hawks fans got defensive for some reason.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, why would anyone do that? Just run it up the gut.

:) IDK ask your coach rah rah Pete why he called a pass. Hell, even a QB sneak might have won the SB for the Hawks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) IDK ask your coach rah rah Pete why he called a pass. Hell, even a QB sneak might have won the SB for the Hawks.

Meh, hindsight is perfect. If Lockett doesn't short arm that ball or if Butler is a tad slower it's a TD and would have gone down as a ballsy play by the winning coach. History always judges the winners favorably. Fact is the Hawks were just playing the odds since they were only 1 for 5 on running it in on that play throughout the season. People who focus on that play miss the fact that that was a great superbowl that came down to nearly the last play. Both teams were worthy to be there and both teams played good enough to win. I'd feel worse getting blown out in a SB than losing the way we did last year.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that game it was Kearse that was the problem. He kept tipping balls to your guys that he should have caught. At least two int's were on Kearse. And it isn't like Rodgers was having a good game either which lots of people forget. Rodgers finished 19/34, 178 yds, 1 TD 2 INTs and a passer rating under 60.

Yeah the game was hard to watch as both QB's are 2 of my favorite players but were inept at best that day. I thought you guys would release Kearse after that game. We released the 3 main guys that lost that game in Tramon Williams, the TE who admitted he still has nightmares of that game and the SPT's coach. Are TE has not improved but our SPT's is much better and CB rookies are looking like future all pro's in Randall who shutdown Dez and Rollins. Did guys pickup any RB yet? Is Lynch out for the season.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the game was hard to watch as both QB's are 2 of my favorite players but were inept at best that day. I thought you guys would release Kearse after that game. We released the 3 main guys that lost that game in Tramon Williams, the TE who admitted he still has nightmares of that game and the SPT's coach. Are TE has not improved but our SPT's is much better and CB rookies are looking like future all pro's in Randall who shutdown Dez and Rollins. Did guys pickup any RB yet? Is Lynch out for the season.

We resigned two ex seahawks RB's. Probably just for familiarity purposes until Lynch is back. Pretty sure Lynch will be back for game one of the playoffs, maybe sooner. His surgery had about a 4 or 5 week expected recovery time and we are in week 3 or 4 already I think. So he's due to be ready pretty quick.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, hindsight is perfect. If Lockett doesn't short arm that ball or if Butler is a tad slower it's a TD and would have gone down as a ballsy play by the winning coach. History always judges the winners favorably. Fact is the Hawks were just playing the odds since they were only 1 for 5 on running it in on that play throughout the season. People who focus on that play miss the fact that that was a great superbowl that came down to nearly the last play. Both teams were worthy to be there and both teams played good enough to win. I'd feel worse getting blown out in a SB than losing the way we did last year.

I remember early in the year they gave the ball to Lynch on 4th and goal and he was stuffed. After that Lynch's mom called the O-coordinator the worst in the game. Both teams did play well and it was a good game. At least you didn't blow a 16 point lead by shutting down the offense like GB did.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember early in the year they gave the ball to Lynch on 4th and goal and he was stuffed. After that Lynch's mom called the O-coordinator the worst in the game. Both teams did play well and it was a good game. At least you didn't blow a 16 point lead by shutting down the offense like GB did.

No, instead we decided to blow a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of the SB instead. :L

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We resigned two ex seahawks RB's. Probably just for familiarity purposes until Lynch is back. Pretty sure Lynch will be back for game one of the playoffs, maybe sooner. His surgery had about a 4 or 5 week expected recovery time and we are in week 3 or 4 already I think. So he's due to be ready pretty quick.

I was hoping you would give Monte Ball a chance for him to join RW and run the same style offense as the Badgers do. It's terrible that Rawls dropped because he had a legit shot at ROY. I feel Lynch will do ok but he's just not the same and might retire at the end of year. I guess he will come back just in time for AZ.