• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we're going to be waiting till after these championship games this weekend to move forward with HC candidates... Seems like the Hawks have interest in speaking to A. Glenn, M. McCormick and/or Ben Johnson... Just reported by Adam Scheff...
Who is M. McCormick ?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Glenn? Why?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Glenn? Why?
That's a good question because looking at his resume it's not impressive. The Lions defense isn't any thing to write home about.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question because looking at his resume it's not impressive. The Lions defense isn't any thing to write home about.

Well they are one of the best defenses in allowing yards per carry (rush) in the NFL.... maybe Schneider and Allen are that paranoid after we let teams trample us all season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that the team is doing their due dilligence and not jumping to a specific player. I have to say that,at this point, I'll be ok with whomever JS actually picks. Even if it is Quinn which I don't think it will be. According to several reports, JS started this process during the season. I was more concerned earlier in the week when it appeared that the team was focused on former coaches(Morris, Quinn)

This was one of the big reasons I wanted the team to keep JS while moving on from PC. It enabled the team to take its time and make the right pick. Whereas a new GM would have scrambled to find the right guy.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see another name that has cropped up thanks to Seaside Joe is Mike Kafka from the Giants staff. I have my doubts on this one and not sure what he is or isn't. QB coach for Mahomes first 2 seasons, then passing game co-ordinator under Reid for 2 years and then O.C. under Daboll last year and this year. I'm not going to get too excited as Andy Reid's coaching tree isn't really anything spectacular and obviously guys who get to coach Mahomes always have an asterisk beside their name. Also not going to penalize him too much for the joke that is the Giants. That front office is a farce and what the fuck does one do with a Daniel Jones and whatever the fuck pizza boy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to have a shot at Ben Johnson is to wait until Detroit's season is over, and he was one of the hottest names circulating in here as soon as Pete was out. Macdonald was popular as well. Both of those guys are in play and only 1 other NFL team in the mix, but now some are giving heat to JS for taking too long? Too funny.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to have a shot at Ben Johnson is to wait until Detroit's season is over, and he was one of the hottest names circulating in here as soon as Pete was out. Macdonald was popular as well. Both of those guys are in play and only 1 other NFL team in the mix, but now some are giving heat to JS for taking too long? Too funny.

I haven't seen anyone here complaining about him taking too long. But I may have missed this.

IMO, it's very encouraging to me that the team is taking its time. Unlike other teams looking for a coach, this team isn't facing a huge shake up. Finding the coach that will work with JS, hand in glove, is the priority.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anyone here complaining about him taking too long. But I may have missed this.
Yes, you responded to the lengthiest one.
IMO, it's very encouraging to me that the team is taking its time. Unlike other teams looking for a coach, this team isn't facing a huge shake up. Finding the coach that will work with JS, hand in glove, is the priority.
JS is being prudent. If he really was over the moon on any of the guys who's been hired so far, I doubt we would still be without a coach. And the only way you can have a shot at Ben Johnson or Mike Macdonald, who were the top 2 names in this discussion when it started, is not to hire anyone until their seasons are over. If Quinn was the guy all along, JS wouldn't have amplified the chance of him getting hired away somewhere else by waiting this long to pull the trigger. He's clearly exploring other options in earnest OR just putting on a show to make us think that. And since I believe him to be pretty good at his job and not an idiot, I'm going with the 1st one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahh ok. Right. I think that was just more nervous impatience but I see your point.

JS is being prudent. If he really was over the moon on any of the guys who's been hired so far, I doubt we would still be without a coach. And the only way you can have a shot at Ben Johnson or Mike Macdonald, who were the top 2 names in this discussion when it started, is not to hire anyone until their seasons are over. If Quinn was the guy all along, JS wouldn't have amplified the chance of him getting hired away somewhere else by waiting this long to pull the trigger. He's clearly exploring other options in earnest OR just putting on a show to make us think that. And since I believe him to be pretty good at his job and not an idiot, I'm going with the 1st one.

I more or less agree. While we can't rule out Quinn, at this point I think that Quinn is unlikely and the only way it is him is if their preferred choice or choices says no.

You have to think that their preferred candidate is either Macdonald or Johnson. Personally I prefer Macdonald but I would be perfectly happy with either.

FTR, if it does turn out to be Macdonald or Johnson, it will be the first time the Seahawks will have hired a coach who has never been an HC before since Jack Patera.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh ok. Right. I think that was just more nervous impatience but I see your point.
Yeah, I dunno. It was coming from the guy who said Ben Johnson was his #1 choice and implied Macdonald #2, now he's criticizing JS for being 1 of only 2 teams with a shot at either of them. Makes zero sense, but also on brand.
I more or less agree. While we can't rule out Quinn, at this point I think that Quinn is unlikely and the only way it is him is if their preferred choice or choices says no.

You have to think that their preferred candidate is either Macdonald or Johnson. Personally I prefer Macdonald but I would be perfectly happy with either.

FTR, if it does turn out to be Macdonald or Johnson, it will be the first time the Seahawks will have hired a coach who has never been an HC before since Jack Patera.
Early in this thread I mentioned the risk of waiting on candidates that were on playoff teams making deep runs, but now we are in a pretty good spot with Vrabel, Quinn, Johnson, and Macdonald all still being options with only 1 other team competing with us, and I have to think Seattle is the more appealing job of the 2. The only thing that gives me pause on that is draft position, and that's not going to carry the day IMO.

Also looks like Belichick will not be coaching in 2024, which seemed like a longshot at the outset of this whole thing. Could happen that way for Vrabel as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, the Rams are going to end up with an extra 3rd round pick in each of the next 2 drafts as a result of Atlanta hiring Raheem Morris. Pure insanity.

But we will probably not get squat for Carolina hiring Canales, despite him being in Seattle for 13 years prior to going to TB for a whole 1 season as OC.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, the Rams are going to end up with an extra 3rd round pick in each of the next 2 drafts as a result of Atlanta hiring Raheem Morris. Pure insanity.

But we will probably not get squat for Carolina hiring Canales, despite him being in Seattle for 13 years prior to going to TB for a whole 1 season as OC.
morris is black, canales is.... italian? he doesnt count. I find it funny that mike mcdaniel counted though, the rams got two picks when miami hired him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that mike mcdaniel counted though, the rams got two picks when miami hired him.
The equally dumb part of this is Raheem Morris was already a HC for 3 years, yet the Rams are still being rewarded for "developing" him into a HC.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The equally dumb part of this is Raheem Morris was already a HC for 3 years, yet the Rams are still being rewarded for "developing" him into a HC.
maybe teams should get extra comp picks if they develop and lose white or asian players in free agency, since 60 something percent of the league is black and thats just not very diverse at all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. If you have a shot at McDonald’s or Johnson, like we do, stay the course. There’s only two open vacancies, and those two are hot commodities, so it sounds like we could end up with at least one of them. I would be pumped if that’s the case.

And if this is the case, then JS has done a phenomenal job, stewarding through his coaching decision and process

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree I think we would’ve already hired Quinn if he was the guy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked Seattle doesn't seem interested in Vrabel. Guy is a Hell of a coach and did well with a roster not nearly as talented as the Seahawks