• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a GM who was prepared should Pete decide to retire ( He said he had a list of candidates for the last few years) JS seems to be taking his sweet time going about his business. Took a while for him to hold a press conference, then it was to let us know he was now top dog. He announced he would BEGIN sending out interviews requests NEXT WEEK. He talked as if this was jumping on his duties quickly:ohwell:
Reminds me of someone newly promoted who starts arriving late, then spends time having a coffee and chatting about all the great things he's going to do (when he should have already begun) then leisurely getting started working. He seems to be savoring the whole process, sort of like entering a lunch room and taking time enjoying the aroma while the rest of the room is scooping up all the good shit leaving some crappy vegetables for him. No doubt he'll try to sell as a healthy meal that good for your health.
Emotionally this whole thing has been up and down, right now it's down for me.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a GM who was prepared should Pete decide to retire ( He said he had a list of candidates for the last few years) JS seems to be taking his sweet time going about his business. Took a while for him to hold a press conference, then it was to let us know he was now top dog. He announced he would BEGIN sending out interviews request NEXT WEEK. He talked as if this was jumping on his duties quickly:ohwell:
Reminds me of someone newly promoted who starts arriving late, then spends time having a coffee and chatting about all the great things he's going to do (when he should have already begun) then leisurely getting started working. He seems to be savoring the whole process, sort of like entering a lunch room and taking time enjoying the aroma while the rest of the room is scooping up all the good shit leaving some crappy vegetables for him. No doubt he'll try to sell it as a healthy meal that good for your health.
Emotionally this whole thing has been up and down, right now it's down for me.

Not that I am saying this is happening, but it is possible that Ben Johnson is the guy they want and they are just waiting until the Lions are done.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh the one hand, I have always felt that Quinn had the inside track. On the other hand, the fact that they haven't hired him yet suggests it wasn't nearly the done deal that many thought.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am saying this is happening, but it is possible that Ben Johnson is the guy they want and they are just waiting until the Lions are done.
I think the chances are very slim at this point. Its going to be quinn and he will probably be the last guy hired, leaving that feeling of missing out on the top prospects and settling for the familiar retread.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chances are very slim at this point. Its going to be quinn and he will probably be the last guy hired, leaving that feeling of missing out on the top prospects and settling for the familiar retread.
Hiring Quinn makes you question why they bothered letting Pete go at all.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Hawks want at least 2 of Macdonald, Slowik and Johnson will be available to them.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord thank you, raheem Morris was a nightmare candidate

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord thank you, raheem Morris was a nightmare candidate
Washington is doing a second interview with Quinn, lets cross our fingers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be or possibly Mike MacDonald as well. I would be happy with either of those two, tbh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, somebody take him from Dallas. Let him go under perform elsewhere.
Washington is interviewing him for the second time, that would be a nice landing spot for him.:rolleyes:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is interviewing him for the second time, that would be a nice landing spot for him.:rolleyes:

Anywhere but where he is right now. I would not have said that six months ago. But I learned quickly. I agree Washington can have him. And I’d consider taking Rivera to be the Dallas DC.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately I think we are out on macdonald, he will probably get an offer before we even have a chance to interview him.
There's still a chance.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we're going to be waiting till after these championship games this weekend to move forward with HC candidates... Seems like the Hawks have interest in speaking to A. Glenn, M. McDonald and/or Ben Johnson... Just reported by Adam Scheff...

Last edited: