• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Head Coaches- Names...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of where you land on the Jay Cutler issue... it's a shit storm among fans, and I'm tired of talking about it... A new Coaching staff is coming- I'm going to let them decide Cutler's future.

Some interesting and different names of Head Coaching candidates have been bounced around... I'm also tired of the hearing the same names thrown around since 2007. Gruden, Cowher... Harbaugh isn't coming here either- now reports are that the Michigan job is basically done.

So some realistic names:

Former Head Coaches:
Mike Shanahan- Former Denver and Washington HC- 2 superbowl wins. Offensive Guy.
Gary Kubiak- Former HC Texans- Current OC of Ravens- Offensive Guy.

Assistant Coaches:
Todd Bowels: DC Arizona Cardinals
Dan Quinn- DC of Seattle
Dave Toub- ST Chiefs
Adam Gase- OC Denver
Darrell Bevell- OC Seattle
Greg Roman- OC San Fran
Tom Clements- OC Green Bay
Matt Patricia- DC New England

College Coaches?
Kevin Sumlin- Texas A&M
Brian Kelly- Notre Dame
David Shaw- Stanford
Chris Petersen- Washington

The other question is is Phil Emery keeps his job, or now it's sounding a more likely scenario is he stays but has some of his power stripped, namely his ability to hire assistant coaches like he did with Tucker and DeCamillis.

Who would you like to know more about as HC? Who interests you the most? I'm interested in a Good Overall Coach with

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First question, which of you believe Jay Cutler is a coach killer.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First question, which of you believe Jay Cutler is a coach killer.

And yet we continue the shitstorm... thanks- Anotheridiot.

Nothing to see here- let's continue with the task at hand: Coaching Candidates: Go.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are plenty of coaches that can do well here IF shit gets sorted out.

Gm's acquire head coaches and player personnel.

HC acquire assistants and have full command of said personnel above GM acquires.

Personally, I'd take a run at shanahan. Although he might be too much of a free thinker for our current GM.

Westpoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we try a soccer coach next? They will never expect us to try and score from the left wing!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had some bigger named coaches interviewing for this two years ago. Everyone figures emery picked his guy out of the bunch, but maybe some of them just said no way to his plan of hiring all the assistants and coordinators for the head coach to use, then make all the player decisions as well.

Shanahan was already bit by the cutler bug, but he is gonna want to control his hires and his players. I doubt Emery is willing to give that up to get this team where it needs to be.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Emery stays- BUT he's stripped of some power...like I stated above.
They hire a Football "Czar"- Maybe Mike Holmgren, only name I'm hearing, and it makes sense based on McCaskey's relationship with him per Hub Arkish.

Football Czar- then hires Coach- Coach then hires Assistants. Emery is "head scout" and can help with Free Agency.
I'm not apposed to Shanahan... as long as he doesn't bring his kid along. I would want to know who is assistants are...but yeah, sure, why not. At the very least he has a track record of success. (and failure...but more success)
Jay stays and get's another year- but no guarantees of a future beyond next year. New Coach get's to evaluate him in his system.
Use first round pick on Defensive star. (MLB)

Others I'm intrigued by:

Dave Toub- He's ready for HC job- would have the ear of Vet players and instill a much more functional overall team. Respected among the league.
Knows the "Bears Way"- I'm sure Robbie would like this! ha

Gary Kubiak- Again HC experience. Would probably bring Rick Dennison with him- who was his OC for Texans and Shanahans OC in Denver when Jay went to Probowl. Dennison may be OC w/either of them.

Tom Clements, Not sure if he's ready for HC job. but I'd take him over 35 year old Gase in Denver.

Leary of Todd Bowels he would be the exact opposite of Tresty. There is rumblings that he does have a grating personality, but I'd sure interview him and take a look.

Dan Quinn- Not sure if it's personal or scheme- but he needs a shot at an interview at least.

Greg Roman is being said as the front runner to take over for Harbaugh. Interview at least.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan was already bit by the cutler bug, but he is gonna want to control his hires and his players. I doubt Emery is willing to give that up to get this team where it needs to be.

You really don't know what you're talking about- Jay was a PRO BOWL QB the year Shanny was fired. But yeah Jay's fault... :gaah:

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this idea on another board (brantcruz50) and have grown to love it because it may take care of several problems all at once in addition to the fact that I don't believe this coach got a good shot the first time around as head coach, but how about Josh McDaniels.

I think he's got a very good offensive mind (now New England's OC), did well in Denver with what he had in the pantry, and Jay Cutler hated him enough to leave Denver.

Sign me up.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I heard this idea on another board (brantcruz50) and have grown to love it because it may take care of several problems all at once in addition to the fact that I don't believe this coach got a good shot the first time around as head coach, but how about Josh McDaniels.

I think he's got a very good offensive mind (now New England's OC), did well in Denver with what he had in the pantry, and Jay Cutler hated him enough to leave Denver.

Sign me up.

If cutler is gone, I am totally 100% in favor of mcdaniels. If cutler still here, absolutely not.

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Rex Ryans name thrown around today sports radio and t.v.

I'd like Quinn or clements honestly but Rex would be interesting

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get rid of Cutler, I'm all for McDaniels.

I mean, we won't need Marshall or Bennett the year after either. We could get the D to play better with video tape of the opponents practices too.

Then we can fire him after his second year because he's a shit HC. We are ready to run one Good OC/Bad HC out of town, no need to hire another one.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of where you land on the Jay Cutler issue... it's a shit storm among fans, and I'm tired of talking about it... A new Coaching staff is coming- I'm going to let them decide Cutler's future.
I'm just going to leave this right here...I get it, Jay being here or not will have an impact on the team- but I don't think it's as easy or cut and dry as some of you may think... And an incoming Coach/GM will/should get to make that decision. That's where I'm at.

Any comments on my picks?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever it is, they will fail. I can guarantee that.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan,
Bevell,
Toub,
Dude from Stanford.
Frazier,
Singletary
is my order

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Holmgren takes a job here and keeps the current GM that cannot build the team thru the draft as a scout.

Phillips would be reassigned to some other position, Holmgren would be president of football operations and want his own gm.

Part of the bears mistake with hiring trestman was finding a coach that was in love with what we had and convinced them he could work with their egos.

This roster can not be overturned in an offseason, so part of the interview process will be how would you utilize this talent. How would you correct these mistakes. This is why you need a football guy asking the questions. Emery is too close. Anyone that does not admit that this is a great group of players just wont be hired under Emery.

The rest of this with we need bushrod, we need slausen are remembering the players they were last season, not this season. Is keeping this offensive roster intact with a new set of coaches really the answer we are looking for?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any comments on my picks?

Personally, I don't want another first-time HC. Toub and Bowels are good candidates, but much of the mediocrity we've seen with the Bears is because the new HC seemed to focus on only one side of the ball, which left the other side deficient. So that would also be a "no" for any college guys.

I think a former HC will have a longer list of potential quality assistants which is what the Bears also need.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Rex Ryan...his defenses are always competitive, and he knows how to get out of the way of the offense.

Westpoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a world beater safety and 2 serviceable linebackers. Then any coach can play ball-control football with the offense we have.