• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NFL new HC and OC preview

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to add your insights.

These are the 2022 new head coaches and the new offensive coordinators and their experience.

HC Matt Eberflus (CHI) was DC @IND 4 years. No HC experience.
OC Luke Getsy (CHI) was pass game coord in GB for 2 years. See Aaron Rodgers.​
They talk tough but have much less to work with.

HC Nathaniel Hackett (DEN) was OC for GB, JAX & BUF for 8 seasons.
OC Justin Outten (DEN) follows Hackett to DEN.​
Russell Wilson should make this transition easier.

HC Lovie Smith (HOU) His run-1st offenses were not special ranking an avg rank of 24 in yards and 19 in points.
OC Pep Hamilton (HOU) has NFL, college & XFL experience. Was OC @IND w/ Andrew Luck.​
One thing is sure - whoever the RB is, he will get touches.

HC Doug Pederson (JAX) His pass-heavy offenses have ranked in the top half of the league. Calls his own plays.
OC Press Taylor (JAX) follows Pederson to JAX.​
No where to go but up, right?

HC Josh McDaniels (LV) Remove Brady from the equation, he has 3 pass-heavy seasons avg rank of 19 in yards & 23 in points.
OC Mick Lombardi (LV) follows McDaniels to LV.​
Devonte Adams is a nice addition in the passing game.

HC Mike McDaniel (MIA) was SF OC & run game coord. Never coached but has been with the Shanahans for 18 seasons.
OC Frank Smith (MIA) was LAC run game coord in 2021. Has not been OC since college (2009).​
Big money free agents added. But is the talent any better than what Flores worked with?

HC Kevin O'Connell (MIN) was LAR OC (in title only) for 2 years. Prior was WSH OC where he was ranked 31 in yards & 32 in points.
OC Wes Phillips (MIN) was LAR pass game coord 1 season. Assistant for 13 years.​
Just don't like this situation for Cook or Cousins.

HC Dennis Allen (NO) was NO DC then promoted. Kept same OC.
The defense helped the offense last year. Could be an "Aints" year.

HC Brian Daboll (NYG) was OC for 8 years in BUF, KC, MIA & CLE. All but 1 season was his run-O ranked lower than his pass-O.
OC Mike Kafka (NYG) was pass game coord in KC for 2 years.​
Having Barkley helps. Can Daboll's influence help QB Daniel Jones turn the corner like he did Josh Allen?

HC Todd Bowles (TB) was TB DC 3 years then promoted. Kept same OC. See Tom Brady.
Status quo.

OC Ken Dorsey (BUF) was passing game coord for BUF.
Status quo.

OC Ben Johnson (DET) never was OC. Was assistant for last decade.
Status quo (which is not good here).

OC Adam Stenavich (GB) was GB run game coord. Never an OC. See Aaron Rodgers.
Don't see much of a change. Adams' departure may hurt more than any coaching change.

OC Ben McAdoo (CAR) last time as OC @NYG. Pass heavy but he did have Eli Manning those 2 years.
This could be bad.

OC Liam Coen (LAR) Never an NFL OC. Promoted within Rams org, probably OC in title only.
Status quo since it's McVay's offense.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to add your insights.

These are the 2022 new head coaches and the new offensive coordinators and their experience.

HC Matt Eberflus (CHI) was DC @IND 4 years. No HC experience.
OC Luke Getsy (CHI) was pass game coord in GB for 2 years. See Aaron Rodgers.​
They talk tough but have much less to work with.

HC Nathaniel Hackett (DEN) was OC for GB, JAX & BUF for 8 seasons.
OC Justin Outten (DEN) follows Hackett to DEN.​
Russell Wilson should make this transition easier.

HC Lovie Smith (HOU) His run-1st offenses were not special ranking an avg rank of 24 in yards and 19 in points.
OC Pep Hamilton (HOU) has NFL, college & XFL experience. Was OC @IND w/ Andrew Luck.​
One thing is sure - whoever the RB is, he will get touches.

HC Doug Pederson (JAX) His pass-heavy offenses have ranked in the top half of the league. Calls his own plays.
OC Press Taylor (JAX) follows Pederson to JAX.​
No where to go but up, right?

HC Josh McDaniels (LV) Remove Brady from the equation, he has 3 pass-heavy seasons avg rank of 19 in yards & 23 in points.
OC Mick Lombardi (LV) follows McDaniels to LV.​

HC Mike McDaniel (MIA) was SF OC & run game coord. Never coached but has been with the Shanahans for 18 seasons.
OC Frank Smith (MIA) was LAC run game coord in 2021. Has not been OC since college (2009).​
Big money free agents added. But is the talent any better than what Flores worked with?

HC Kevin O'Connell (MIN) was LAR OC (in title only) for 2 years. Prior was WSH OC where he was ranked 31 in yards & 32 in points.
OC Wes Phillips (MIN) was LAR pass game coord 1 season. Assistant for 13 years.​
Just don't like this situation for Cook or Cousins.

HC Brian Daboll (NYG) was OC for 8 years in BUF, KC, MIA & CLE. All but 1 season was his run-O ranked lower than his pass-O.
OC Mike Kafka (NYG) was pass game coord in KC for 2 years.​
Having Barkley helps. Can Daboll's influence help QB Daniel Jones turn the corner like he did Josh Allen?

HC Todd Bowles (TB) was TB DC 3 years then promoted. Kept same OC. See Tom Brady.
Status quo.

OC Ken Dorsey (BUF) was passing game coord for BUF.
Status quo.

OC Adam Stenavich (GB) was GB run game coord. Never an OC. See Aaron Rodgers.
Don't see much of a change. Adams' departure may hurt more than any coaching change.

OC Ben McAdoo (CAR) last time as OC @NYG. Pass heavy but he did have Eli Manning those 2 years.
This could be bad.

OC Liam Coen (LAR) Never an NFL OC. Promoted within Rams org, probably OC in title only.
Status quo since it's McVay's offense.

Not much to add to most of it, think you covered everything adequately in those. Here's the ones I have comments/add ons too

OC Mick Lombardi (LV) follows McDaniels to LV.
-- if you look at who he had those seasons, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Darnold and 2 different backups, I'd say those numbers are more reflective of the talent had around him than his offenses. He did just fine without TB12 last year, putting up a run heavy top 15. Without a doubt the talent in Oakland, even Carr, dwarfs anything he had outside of the Brady years. There is reason for optimism, although I'm not holding my breath.

---Dennis Allen is a notorious asshat and I can't believe he's still employed in the NFL after some of the crap he's done. And a defensive minded coach isn't going to let Winston turn the ball over very many times (which he will) before he sticks Dalton in there, and then he'll lose the team

OC Mike Kafka (NYG) was pass game coord in KC for 2 years.
---Danny Dimes is going to have a very lucrative career, if he can accept that it'll be one in the mold of Brian Hoyer, McCown, Daniels or Bortles. No one is turning him around. He is what he is, a career backup who isn't horrid if you have to play him

Status quo.

-- I'm still of the opinion the passing game quantity declines, slightly, running game quantity increases, slightly.

I can't imagine straight up status quo here. Some sort of change will occur, however, the results will most likely be similar- crap

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't imagine straight up status quo here. Some sort of change will occur, however, the results will most likely be similar- crap
DET was 3-13-1 last year. I think my "status quo" nailed it. I was trying to be nice.
Sounds like you're saying they'll have a few more ties. lol

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DET was 3-13-1 last year. I think my "status quo" nailed it. I was trying to be nice.
Sounds like you're saying they'll have a few more ties. lol
Ha..well no, I totally expect similar, crap-like, results. Which in that sense will in fact be status quo.

But surely they will try SOMETHING different