• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are being a bit of a prisoner of the moment.

No matter who we draft, the fans are going to want to see a reason for hope. The fans were overwhelmingly against hiring Pete Carroll. They got over it.

If they hire Johnson and he winds up being another Hackett while Quinn turns around Commanders, people will blame JS. It's just the way it is. If we hire Johnson and Bobby Slowik turns around the Panthers, they blame JS. Which is why JS should ignore fan sentiment.

To be clear, I would much rather see us hire someone like Johnson or Macdonald. But I also realize that I have no skin in the game. I won't lose my job if they are unprepared for the job.
It's ownship and management that have the final say and a less than ideal start can be over come. Here's a look at Shanahan record as HC note his record his first couple of seasons:

1706135508240.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ownship and management that have the final say and a less than ideal start can be over come. Here's a look at Shanahan record as HC note his record his first couple of seasons:

View attachment 352277

Yes. Shanahan was given some wiggle room because his QB couldn't stay healthy.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for JS to be given a short leash. I prefer stability. But I do think that JS has to show that he has both a vision and production and he's not just Pete's puppet.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much as expected

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Seahawks fans, are the Cowboys gonna be in the market for a new DC or what? Most folks down here think DQ is Seattle bound

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Seahawks fans, are the Cowboys gonna be in the market for a new DC or what? Most folks down here think DQ is Seattle bound
IDK here we got no clue who is going to be HC, Quinn is polarizing for the fan base here, some think he's a natural and some feel there are better options.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they're not in the market for a new DC... ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if this is true but.....

That may turn out to be true but some pundit saying makes it far from fact.

If Bellicheck goes to Atlanta and Johnson goes to Washington, does that leave the Seahawks and Panthers as the last 2 available jobs? That wouldn't be terrible.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I bet the idea of basically getting Drake Maye or Daniels to work with was good enough for Ben Johnson. I think he'd have WAY more success in Seattle given the talent on offense, but new head coaches (especially offense) want their QB... and drafting #2 means Johnson will land who he wants.

I was really hoping we'd snag Johnson. Oh well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may turn out to be true but some pundit saying makes it far from fact.

If Bellicheck goes to Atlanta and Johnson goes to Washington, does that leave the Seahawks and Panthers as the last 2 available jobs? That wouldn't be terrible.

With these hires a lot of potential OC and DC are getting snapped up also and other assistant positions as well. I'm not sure being last at filling the HC is a good thing, but it does leave the team with leverage for the left over candidates I suppose. Going to continue to hope they land Johnson until he's officially off the table. I would be pretty happy with Slowik as HC and would be sort of OK with Macdonald although Harbaugh is going to snapping up cream of candidates to fill his staff that otherwise Macdonald would be trying to hire.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's not true, but I haven't seen that reported or rereported anywhere else. It'd be a helluva get for Bmore to keep them both.
Agree that these twits need to be taken with a grain of salt until it becomes official news. If true Ravens should be all smiles.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons hire slowick, washington gets johnson, we are left with quinn

Seems to be how things are going to shake out

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons hire slowick, washington gets johnson, we are left with quinn

Seems to be how things are going to shake out

I don't think we are "left" with Quin if that is who we wind up with. I think it's because that's who JS always really wanted.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are "left" with Quin if that is who we wind up with. I think it's because that's who JS always really wanted.
Perception is reality

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, while I do think it is entirely possible that Quinn will be the Seahawks next HC, it does seem a little strange that they would wait this long if he were the presumed guy.

I think it is very possible that the Seahawks are focusing on Macdonald or Johnson but waiting until the playoffs are over for their team before making a move.