• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety is a waste in round one outside of a few extremely talented ones. Its not a premier position, bring in a FA or find one later.
Looking at mocks not a good draft for top end safeties. Think I only seen one safety mocked in the first round, Kamen Kinchens and that was the only mock where a safety goes in the first and that was a late first (pick 25). Seahawks need to find a different way to find safeties other than throwing a first at the position. Seahawks have over spent on the position under Pete and now they can correct that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run down on the HC candidates with some details.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can be done with cap space? Here's some info on that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that the Seahawks are not going for Mike Macdonald. So given the potential coaches out there it seems unlikely we are going to go with a DC that won't come with an OC.

I'm leaning more and more that it will be Vrabel.
If Vrabel is willing to be only HC than I can see it. If he wants roster control like he asked for in Tennessee than Seattle will pass.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vrabel is willing to be only HC than I can see it. If he wants roster control like he asked for in Tennessee than Seattle will pass.

Not sure he is going to get roster control with any team. He's a good coach but not many of them have that kind of leverage.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he is going to get roster control with any team. He's a good coach but not many of them have that kind of leverage.
Probably not but giving a former player/HC control might have better insight into drafting and FA

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that some big names as far as HC have not gotten attention from the Seahawks. Some you can understand and others your left wondering why, but I assume there are reasons. Belichick, Harbaugh, MacDonald and Vrabel are a few that come to mind. The list of those who been requested interviews doesn't really help narrow down what the Seahawks are looking for in a HC, as the list is so diverse. You get the feeling the Seahawks themselves are not sure what they want exactly in a HC, besides success of course.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that some big names as far as HC have not gotten attention from the Seahawks. Some you can understand and others your left wondering why, but I assume there are reasons. Belichick, Harbaugh, MacDonald and Vrabel are a few that come to mind. The list of those who been requested interviews doesn't really help narrow down what the Seahawks are looking for in a HC, as the list is so diverse. You get the feeling the Seahawks themselves are not sure what they want exactly in a HC, besides success of course.

Well the more depressing thought is that Dan Quinn is going to be the next coach and they are just going through the motions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the more depressing thought is that Dan Quinn is going to be the next coach and they are just going through the motions.
I do agree with this. To go through this whole charade and then go with Quinn after all would be a huge disappointment. If Quinn is the choice it would of been better to do it as quickly as possible ( and not break any league rules of course), so as not to get the fan base considering the possibilities out there, which is quiet diverse and interesting and has a lot of upside. The thought of Quinn followed by a vanilla type of draft is settling for mediocre or average results for fear of failing. If safe is what they want, they should not of let Pete go. I say dream bigger, take some risks.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with this. To go through this whole charade and then go with Quinn after all would be a huge disappointment. If Quinn is the choice it would of been better to do it as quickly as possible ( and not break any league rules of course), so as not to get the fan base considering the possibilities out there, which is quiet diverse and interesting and has a lot of upside. The thought of Quinn followed by a vanilla type of draft makes me think they are settling for mediocre or average results for fear of failing. If safe is what they want, they should not of let Pete go. I say dream bigger, take some risks.

I agree. I probably would have been OK with Quinn if they announced him a few days after the Cowboys got bounced. That would have suggested to me that they had a plan.

Now it just seems like a complete lack of imagination by JS.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are set on someone currently coaching for the final 4 teams, we might be waiting until february. Doesnt mean they had no plan or no imagination, would mean they are trying for the hottest of hot young coordinators.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are set on someone currently coaching for the final 4 teams, we might be waiting until february. Doesnt mean they had no plan or no imagination, would mean they are trying for the hottest of hot young coordinators.
Could be, but they are being pretty coy about it, if that is the case. They haven't even interviewed McDonald for example and Johnson is going to be hard to land and has only one interview so far, while the main competition for him (Washington) has had a follow up interview already.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs and BB wouldn't work here as I assume they want full control. The rest of the list I feel is option 3,4 or 5. We haven't heard Vrabel or MacDonald but doesn't mean they haven't been in contact. If Quinn was option 1 he would have been announced by now but hasn't so I feel the FO has a good idea who they want but can't get at the moment.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but they are being pretty coy about it, if that is the case. They haven't even interviewed McDonald for example and Johnson is going to be hard to land and has only one interview so far, while the main competition for him (Washington) has had a follow up interview already.
Nfl rules say you have to request interviews with #1 seed coaches three days after the season ends so they hadn't fired carroll yet.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl rules say you have to request interviews with #1 seed coaches three days after the season ends so they hadn't fired carroll yet.
Yeah I'm aware of that fact and who knows maybe they interview eventually or maybe not. Could be some team that requested a interview with him seals the deal with him before that is even possible. Waiting to make a hire until after the Super Bowl probably not a good idea.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one man's lack of imagination is another's due diligence. I think more of JS than to believe he's bringing in these other candidates just to generate a perception that they were open to someone other than Quinn. That would be pretty transparent during the process with the other candidates, who aren't morons.