• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a much better line and a ton of talent as well.

Not saying he would be a bad hire but not a slam dunk
id love to see what he would do with metcalf and njigba, and walker too.
Sure seems like it. The guy has worked his way up the ladder coaching TE's, WR's, assistant QB coach, then two seasons as OC both stellar. Has not coached RBs but uses them well it seems.
He gets production out of everyone it seems. our offense has too much talent to be as mediocre as it is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could easily see Waldon do well there.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring him do you think they stay with JF or trade him and select a new QB in the draft?

Not that familiar with him.

I think they are drafting Williams regardless of who they hire as OC.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowik has some good connections, take a look at him on this staff (Washington staff):

What I find interesting about this is that the 2013 redskins team were terrible but all these guys ended up being head coaches that found success in their own right. Whoever we hire as head coach even if they don't have the most stellar resume we should still give them the benefit of the doubt.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring him do you think they stay with JF or trade him and select a new QB in the draft?

Not that familiar with him.

They are most definitely drafting Caleb Williams JK will be on the trade market

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Bears really lucked out with that trade. They'll take Williams 100% and probably snag Nabers, Odunze, or one of the many OTs available early on with the #9.

The Bears' defense is actually not too bad.. but with Williams, Moore, Odunze/Nabers, a decent OL, and maybe snag a RB in free agency (Barkley maybe?) they should be pretty legit. They have quite a bit of cap given most of their roster is already signed for next season (52 already on contract). Releasing or trading Fields wont alleviate anything unless a team decides to take on the dead cap (which Seattle would not). Eddie Jackson (FS) also saves $13M and he didn't play very well last year, he may be gone too.

Our draft will entirely be dictated by who we sign as HC. If we sign someone like MacDonald from Balti I would imagine we're snagging one of the two safeties with the 1st pick and goodbye Diggs + Adams.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft will entirely be dictated by who we sign as HC. If we sign someone like MacDonald from Balti I would imagine we're snagging one of the two safeties with the 1st pick and goodbye Diggs + Adams.
as it sits now, taking any safety at 16 would be a huge reach.

if that pick isnt QB, it should be OL or DL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd agree guard (I'd like to see more of Oluwatimi) or DL should be the pick... I would bet Reed, Mone may be gone (possibly even Jones which was a signing I was not high on) and who knows what will happens to Williams. He played very worthy of the 2nd we gave up but he's 30+ now so who knows.

That said, I was just thinking when Balti drafted Hamilton who has been a complete stud in this league... and the fact we'll have a huge hole at safety (Love fills SS okay but FS is a problem).. if we took MacDonald he may push Schneider for that.

Now end of day, Schneider now has undoubtedly FULL control. All said, if Schneider likes a QB (he basically drafted Rodgers, wanted Allen, liked Mahomes, drafted Wilson - pretty damn good track record) and he pulls the trigger, then I'm highly optimistic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could easily see Waldon do well there.
Interesting and he'll do OK I think. Thought maybe Waldron might be retained despite Seahawks giving the staff the green light to find new jobs. He definitely did a better job than Hurtt who was terrible and even with a offensive hire at HC, Waldron could be viewed as better bet then who ever else might be considered for OC especially being out from under Pete conservative ways. If a defensive hire at HC then Waldron would be a easy fit. I guess a clean sweep is viewed as necessary for the new blood coming in.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting and he'll do OK I think. Thought maybe Waldron might be retained despite Seahawks giving the staff the green light to find new jobs. He definitely did a better job than Hurtt who was terrible and even with a offensive hire at HC, Waldron could be viewed as better bet then who ever else might be considered for OC especially being out from under Pete conservative ways. If a defensive hire at HC then Waldron would be a easy fit. I guess a clean sweep is viewed as necessary for the new blood coming in.

It appears that the Seahawks are not going for Mike Macdonald. So given the potential coaches out there it seems unlikely we are going to go with a DC that won't come with an OC.

I'm leaning more and more that it will be Vrabel.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning more and more that it will be Vrabel.
I haven't heard a word about Vrabel from JS or the front office or from anyone employed by the Seahawks so I'm wondering if he is actually being considered TBH. The Vrabel talk seems to be dying down after the initial media barrage and he's doing interviews with other teams even doing second interviews ( I think). Personally I got no idea who is going to be the hire but figure it will be someone on the list of interviews the Seahawks have put out. Which is why MacDonald and Harbaugh are not candidates either IMO.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a word about Vrabel from JS or the front office or from anyone employed by the Seahawks so I'm wondering if he is actually being considered TBH. The Vrabel talk seems to be dying down after the initial media barrage and he's doing interviews with other teams even doing second interviews ( I think). Personally I got no idea who is going to be the hire but figure it will be someone on the list of interviews the Seahawks have put out. Which is why MacDonald and Harbaugh are not candidates either IMO.

Yeah. It's really hard to know what is really going on. IMO, JS tends to keep his cards very close to the vest so he's probably doing whatever he can to hide his real target.

Seems strange to me that we are interviewing people that no one else seems to be interested in while not taking an interview with Macdonald, Harbaugh or Vrabel. But maybe they really like Graham and Kafka.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's really hard to know what is really going on. IMO, JS tends to keep his cards very close to the vest so he's probably doing whatever he can to hide his real target.

Seems strange to me that we are interviewing people that no one else seems to be interested in while not taking an interview with Macdonald, Harbaugh or Vrabel. But maybe they really like Graham and Kafka.
Supposedly JS has had list of profiles for HC for some time, just in case Pete decided to retire. A lot of suspense with this hiring, seems to be a drawn out approach. Hopefully this doesn't cost them their top target. I figure we should know fairly soon as JS likely would want the HC involved in the February 16 decision on Geno and of course some of the other decisions coming up that normally the HC is involved in.
I just hope that I can be excited about the choice. I've worried about the post Pete era for a while and now that the time has arrived I want the candidate to be someone with a higher ceiling then what Pete had ( nobody should have a problem with Pete's floor as it was as good as it gets).
I look back at Quinn Falcons going to the SuperBowl and that team was carried by the offense and the OC who was Kyle Shanahan. He left for the 49ers and we know how that turned out and the Falcons crashed back to earth. Quinn last season he was 0-5 when the owner pulled the plug. So I want the next Shanahan or McVay as HC and not the candidate with the highest floor that will keep the team at the .500 mark but not real contenders. At the end of the day I'll just accept who ever they pick and at least give that person a chance to show what they can do, but be easier if the choice excites me coming out of the gate.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly JS has had list of profiles for HC for some time, just in case Pete decided to retire. A lot of suspense with this hiring, seems to be a drawn out approach. Hopefully this doesn't cost them their top target. I figure we should know fairly soon as JS likely would want the HC involved in the February 16 decision on Geno and of course some of the other decisions coming up that normally the HC is involved in.
I just hope that I can be excited about the choice. I've worried about the post Pete era for a while and now that the time has arrived I want the candidate to be someone with a higher ceiling then what Pete had ( nobody should have a problem with Pete's floor as it was as good as it gets).
I look back at Quinn Falcons going to the SuperBowl and that team was carried by the offense and the OC who was Kyle Shanahan. He left for the 49ers and we know how that turned out and the Falcons crashed back to earth. Quinn last season he was 0-5 when the owner pulled the plug. So I want the next Shanahan or McVay as HC and not the candidate with the highest floor that will keep the team at the .500 mark but not real contenders. At the end of the day I'll just accept who ever they pick and at least give that person a chance to show what they can do, but be easier if the choice excites me coming out of the gate.

I'm not super thrilled with the idea of Quinn.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if schneider fucks this up, his head is next on the chopping block

so dont fuck it up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I 100% get what you are saying but like it or not safety is also a HUGE need. Adam's is gone and Diggs is done. Need a Earl Thomas or better yet a E. Robinson type FS and a enforcer SS. The SS could be found in the 3rd or later but not the FS. 16 is right there for the spot to take one. Starting Guards can be found after the 2nd and run stuffing DT around the 3rd.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Callahan hired by titans

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% get what you are saying but like it or not safety is also a HUGE need. Adam's is gone and Diggs is done. Need a Earl Thomas or better yet a E. Robinson type FS and a enforcer SS. The SS could be found in the 3rd or later but not the FS. 16 is right there for the spot to take one. Starting Guards can be found after the 2nd and run stuffing DT around the 3rd.
Safety is a waste in round one outside of a few extremely talented ones. Its not a premier position, bring in a FA or find one later.