• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go so far as to say they were not good during the period from Bear to Saban, we had some good coaches during that period, but its also when Stallings slipped up and led us into our first probation that led to another that was the big deal that made us slip. Whats funny is, during those years we still managed a few 10 win seasons.

No to actually say that Alabama had bad years would be to overlook that they had a title in the 90's and 2000's and just missed on one in the 80's with Bear at the helm, won one in 1979(early 1980). Seems like they have had a title in each decade.

If he flips, then that is on him, but the department he fell in love with and the Dean he said he liked at Alabama wont be going to another school with the coach that might leave.

And Michigan has had plenty of 10 win seasons during the same time peroid. It's not like I am say Alabama was "bad," just that they weren't the team they are currently under Saban.

And the program and professor he fell in love with at Michigan are still there, as well will be the coaching staff.

Regardless though this is all highly speclative, but should Saban leave Alabama I would expect Hoke to put the on the full-court press to get Hand to flip, and I would bet he would succeed.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this and I know from experience. Once you sell off big money property like the Sabans recently sold(mine was not to that tune though) you have a very short time to reinvest the money or you get hit big time from uncle Obie and his band of hand-out pay me assholes. Seems logical they would reinvest that money in a high yield market of real estate or commercial deal, i did.

When I see it, its for real, till then, its the rantings of a known troll who is looking for his jollies at the expense of his most hated rival.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since this has gone crazy, here is what my sources say...

"Saban has reached the top of the mountain in college football, nothing else to prove. He wants another shot at the NFL"...maybe Washington?

"Malzahn is from Irving, TX also an Arkansas grad and is friends with JJ"...maybe Dallas?

Yep, both coaches leave the SEC and compete against each other twice a year to see who's really the best coach!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update: currently watching the Mack Brown weekly show on LHN. He's talking like he's gonna be around next year...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Michigan has had plenty of 10 win seasons during the same time peroid. It's not like I am say Alabama was "bad," just that they weren't the team they are currently under Saban.

And the program and professor he fell in love with at Michigan are still there, as well will be the coaching staff.

Regardless though this is all highly speclative, but should Saban leave Alabama I would expect Hoke to put the on the full-court press to get Hand to flip, and I would bet he would succeed.

Not trying to get in a pissing match with a teams fan who can boast being NCAA royalty us much as we can, even more so.

Just figure that if Saban did leave, the University would do all it could to ensure its big recruits would stay unless Saban got them to jump ship to Texas with him.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you would be wrong.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to check, can just check the Tax GIS records for counties surrounding Austin,Texas. Bet you find nothing. Will even have pending sale info if they do it properly.

Pending contracts are not on those records. ... and it takes a month or so after the contract closes when the databases get updated. I owned a house in Austin for 13 years.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to get in a pissing match with a teams fan who can boast being NCAA royalty us much as we can, even more so.

Just figure that if Saban did leave, the University would do all it could to ensure its big recruits would stay unless Saban got them to jump ship to Texas with him.

Nor am I. Just trying to point out that before Saban took the Alabama job while Alabama was still in the top tier, they were nowhere near the dominate power that they are now. And I have to believe it has been this period of dominance that ultimately won they day for Alabama getting Hand to commit. So if/when Saban leaves that dominance is no longer as certain as it once was, so that has to change the calculus that Hand (and all other recruits) goes through in picking a school. So sure, Alabama will do all that it can to keep Hand and the others, but for those like Hand in which it was a tight race you better believe the guys who came up short will be pressing hard to flip them, and some would be successful. Nothing makes a recruit change commitment faster than uncertainty in the coaching position.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pending contracts are not on those records. ... and it takes a month or so after the contract closes when the databases get updated. I owned a house in Austin for 13 years.

In other states it is if the house is top dollar and a possible sale. I did say that in one of my posts. At any rate, this supposed NEW LLC, unnamed sources and lack of proof all leads up to an Auburn fan spouting bullshit. NEW LLC or not, if the Sabans are making a move, it would be instant news and not easily hidden from the masses of reporters, amateur new hounds and sleuths and investigative journalists looking to break the scoop. Sadly, all we have is the unnamed kind that have a pretty big bias.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor am I. Just trying to point out that before Saban took the Alabama job while Alabama was still in the top tier, they were nowhere near the dominate power that they are now. And I have to believe it has been this period of dominance that ultimately won they day for Alabama getting Hand to commit. So if/when Saban leaves that dominance is no longer as certain as it once was, so that has to change the calculus that Hand (and all other recruits) goes through in picking a school. So sure, Alabama will do all that it can to keep Hand and the others, but for those like Hand in which it was a tight race you better believe the guys who came up short will be pressing hard to flip them, and some would be successful. Nothing makes a recruit change commitment faster than uncertainty in the coaching position.

You mean like Hoke being on the hot seat? :) Just kidding, don't take offense.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Hoke being on the hot seat? :) Just kidding, don't take offense.

I did cause Peppers to tweet about giving other schools an offical visit. Though while a lose, that Ohio State game did a lot to cool the seat.

So no offense taken. :suds:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are the only one who is connected?

Plenty of alums on here, of which i am one and fairly well connected and I have heard nothing. Not saying its not true, but I also know i was told that they would match up to 10 mil per year for him to stay.

If he wants to leave, nothing will stop him and all we can say is congrats on the big raise, thanks for the memories and the titles, too bad you couldnt go out a winner....NEXT

that kind of attitude gets you shot by REAL bama fans.....

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, because being an Alabama fan for over 40 years only makes you a bandwagon fan.:L

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah... Bama has won National Championships under 5 different coaches if my count is correct.
Hell, even Gene Stallings got one on in 1992. Bama had a bad run for about 10 years, but they manage to come around every decade or so with a title run.
Saban is an exceptional coach and would be sorry to lose him. But to think that he is ALL that makes Bama a winner is stretching it a bit.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm buying into this Saban rumor, but for shits and giggles I'll play along.

10 million dollars goes a long way towards overcoming fear/anger/hate or whatever else. For 10 mil, I would put on a garnet and black shirt that said "I love cocks" and proudly cheer for them. I would cuss my own Tigers and run them in the dirt. I would paint my fucking house garnet with black trim. Fuck it! I would get a gamecock tattoo on my ass for 10 mil. "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"
I'm not ashamed to admit I would the money also....it's not easy to buy me but 10 mill will do it.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest it's more like 50 mill because you are at least getting a 5 year guarantee....I shudder to think what I would do for 50 mill.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest it's more like 50 mill because you are at least getting a 5 year guarantee....I shudder to think what I would do for 50 mill.

if you'll accept a check, we can find out

:duck:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you suck a dick for that kind of money?:lol:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

In can already see the meltdown on his first loss.

"We pay $10 million for this shit?"