• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are forgetting one big part of this equation here. Saban does not like the high octane offenses he has to face in aTm and now Auburn. That is only two of the teams he faces each year, but in Texas he would face them all the time at almost every school and he doesnt like that style of play. My guess is this weighs in his decision process also.

At this point I would bet the only factor Saban is considering is $. His legacy as one of the best coaches in college football history is already cemmented and he has plenty of rings.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you are so certain, wanna bet a ban for bs on it?

My sources say no.

no, because i don't think someone with 15,000 posts would honor the bet. you'd just create a new account.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you after the season they have had?

Bama is still loaded and whoever they bring in(possibly Kirby Smart) would still keep that drive and process going, especially if its Smart. Right now with Hand, they have four 5* players coming in. This iis not likely to change if they name Smart the HC and keep the staff intact naming a new DC from the staff and bringing in a new assistant.

I don't think Saban leaves, but if you think those out of state bluechips aren't coming in to play for "Saban" rather than Alabama, you are delusional.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are forgetting one big part of this equation here. Saban does not like the high octane offenses he has to face in aTm and now Auburn. That is only two of the teams he faces each year, but in Texas he would face them all the time at almost every school and he doesnt like that style of play. My guess is this weighs in his decision process also.

I've made this point before and I was ridiculed by bammers. Bama's 3-4 fits in like a glove in the SEC.....it wouldn't in the Big12. That is not saying he couldn't have success there, because I am sure he could, but Saban is all about maximizing his advantage in every conceivable way. That is "the process" whether he admits it publicly or not. I have never been sold on the Saban to Texas rumors because of that. It does not fit into his "advantages" category.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I'm buying into this Saban rumor, but for shits and giggles I'll play along.

10 million dollars goes a long way towards overcoming fear/anger/hate or whatever else. For 10 mil, I would put on a garnet and black shirt that said "I love cocks" and proudly cheer for them. I would cuss my own Tigers and run them in the dirt. I would paint my fucking house garnet with black trim. Fuck it! I would get a gamecock tattoo on my ass for 10 mil. "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as does the 10 million. :noidea:

Alabama would match that so that cancels out that argument. I'm not sure what's going to happen. Just reading through the thread I think Awby's "source" was just playing with him to get his hopes up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, because i don't think someone with 15,000 posts would honor the bet. you'd just create a new account.

His bet was you on being banned. He didn't make accusations one way or another and he wouldn't be banned if it didn't come true, he's just asking if you will put your money where your mouth is.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm buying into this Saban rumor, but for shits and giggles I'll play along.

10 million dollars goes a long way towards overcoming fear/anger/hate or whatever else. For 10 mil, I would put on a garnet and black shirt that said "I love cocks" and proudly cheer for them. I would cuss my own Tigers and run them in the dirt. I would paint my fucking house garnet with black trim. Fuck it! I would get a gamecock tattoo on my ass for 10 mil. "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"

Yes, but if Clemson offered you 10 million dollars to paint your house Orange and get a tiger tattooed on your ass don't you think you'd take Clemson's offer :noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't stop Peppers. And while the season was dissapointing by Michigan standards, it really wasn't terrible. Outside of the MSU game they didn't really get dominated.

Besides, Hand made note of contections to staff being of importance to him. So with Saban gone, so does that commitment. Also, Alabama wasn't doing so hot before Saban, so who's to say they will continue to have success without him.

Been around college football long? Alabama was on probation prior to Saban and it was a pretty severe penalty. Bama is historically a top program in almost any decade dating back to the 1920's. Aside from about 9-10 years from 95-2005 or so they have been in the top 10 most years during those decades before 1995. Its not like Alabama is a johnny come lately, or didnt you know that?

And from what i heard about Hand, he likes the dean of the department he will be attending school in and loves the new buildings and labs they have recently added on and is attached to the coach who recruited him, which may well stay on if they promote Smart to HC and the staff stays at Bama.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's been here since 09 and has over 15k posts, what makes you think he'll stop playing by the rules now?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
house shopping in austin (they close in january)
terri saban sounding off that they are underappreciated (i guess a statue 5 years after showing up to town and being literally worshiped by your fanbase isn't enough?)
the lack of emotion during the iron bowl from saban (he seemed almost aloof from my perspective)

it makes what the sources say seem like it has legs.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Saban leaves, but if you think those out of state bluechips aren't coming in to play for "Saban" rather than Alabama, you are delusional.

I think he plays a part in it, sure. But do I believe the kids are attached to the coaches who recruited them as much, sure and they might stay at bama if Smart was promoted to HC, which might be a possibility at this point.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if Clemson offered you 10 million dollars to paint your house Orange and get a tiger tattooed on your ass don't you think you'd take Clemson's offer :noidea:

Oh fuck yea. If both offers were on the table, you're damn right. I'd kiss Danny Ford's big ol hairy ass for 10 mil.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
house shopping in austin (they close in january)
terri saban sounding off that they are underappreciated (i guess a statue 5 years after showing up to town and being literally worshiped by your fanbase isn't enough?)
the lack of emotion during the iron bowl from saban (he seemed almost aloof from my perspective)

it makes what the sources say seem like it has legs.

They bought a house/land in Baton Rouge last year, I guess that is where they are going.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They bought a house/land in Baton Rouge last year, I guess that is where they are going.

and they signed a contract on a home in austin last month, set to close in january.