• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
house shopping in austin (they close in january)
terri saban sounding off that they are underappreciated (i guess a statue 5 years after showing up to town and being literally worshiped by your fanbase isn't enough?)
the lack of emotion during the iron bowl from saban (he seemed almost aloof from my perspective)

it makes what the sources say seem like it has legs.

House shopping was not found to have proof. I read a source that said it was false.
Terri Saban also stated in that same article they were not leaving if i remember correctly.
Statues are given to Title winners, he filled that obligation, so he doesnt owe anything more for it.
If they dont appreciate being the most loved power couple in the state of Alabama(next to McCarron/Webb), then more power to them being also rans in the State of Texas. Thaks for the titles.
His emotion level was fine to me, seemed as pissed off as i have ever seen him and the veins in his forehead and neck were as present as i have ever seen them.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House shopping was not found to have proof. I read a source that said it was false.
Terri Saban also stated in that same article they were not leaving if i remember correctly.
Statues are given to Title winners, he filled that obligation, so he doesnt owe anything more for it.
If they dont appreciate being the most loved power couple in the state of Alabama(next to McCarron/Webb), then more power to them being also rans in the State of Texas. Thaks for the titles.
His emotion level was fine to me, seemed as pissed off as i have ever seen him and the veins in his forehead and neck were as present as i have ever seen them.

aight, but don't expect me to lay off the i told you sos

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotta get my eyes checked. When I read that the first time through, I thought it said "Thank you for the titties."

I guess I had Ms. Webb on the brain.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they signed a contract on a home in austin last month, set to close in january.

Pretty easy to check, can just check the Tax GIS records for counties surrounding Austin,Texas. Bet you find nothing. Will even have pending sale info if they do it properly.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if Clemson offered you 10 million dollars to paint your house Orange and get a tiger tattooed on your ass don't you think you'd take Clemson's offer :noidea:

The problem is, you have no idea how much Texas is willing to pay for Saban and how much Alabama is willing to pay to keep him. There is just no way of you knowing that. At some point Alabama would have to say "fuck that, we'll take the younger guy that has been his wingman for the entire time he has been here and take our chances for half the money." It is all dependent upon how much Texas is willing to spend on him if he is open to the offer.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My sources (former Alabama player and family friend of the Sabans, as well as another man close to the program) tell me it's a done deal. Expect to hear something official in the next few weeks.

Good, now Stoops will have to pick up his game, won't have Mack to kick around anymore.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
house shopping in austin (they close in january)
terri saban sounding off that they are underappreciated (i guess a statue 5 years after showing up to town and being literally worshiped by your fanbase isn't enough?)
the lack of emotion during the iron bowl from saban (he seemed almost aloof from my perspective)

it makes what the sources say seem like it has legs.

Well my sources say...:gossip:... and I promise they are closer than your sources, unless you consider a very close friend a poor source and he ain't going anywhere! But lets say he does. I say-Thanks coach! He's going to leave, retire one day. He's not going to stay forever no matter when that time comes. However, I'll bet you Malzhan is gone before Saban! :nod:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta get my eyes checked. When I read that the first time through, I thought it said "Thank you for the titties."

Well, when i wrote it the first time it did say it, but I hadnt hit submit, maybe i channeled it in the post when you read it.:lol:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Ive recomposed. CFB boards take "inside info" pretty serious. I post very little of what I hea, and with a rumor disclaimer, because even a solid source gets bad info (purposefully imo). I think you are straight up fos. Simple bet, how ever many days you think this rock solid info needs to come to fruition is how long you get banned for tossing shit on the board. what say ye?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been around college football long? Alabama was on probation prior to Saban and it was a pretty severe penalty. Bama is historically a top program in almost any decade dating back to the 1920's. Aside from about 9-10 years from 95-2005 or so they have been in the top 10 most years during those decades before 1995. Its not like Alabama is a johnny come lately, or didnt you know that?

And from what i heard about Hand, he likes the dean of the department he will be attending school in and loves the new buildings and labs they have recently added on and is attached to the coach who recruited him, which may well stay on if they promote Smart to HC and the staff stays at Bama.

Let me clarify a bit, between Bryant and Saban Alabama was mediocre. Yes, Alabama is one of the blue bloods, but the did have that down period between those two coaches. Another example of what I'm talking about is USC just prior to the Pete Carroll era. Alabama is set up to that they can get another quality coach should Saban leave, but that is no guarentee.

And Hand absolutely raved about the Sports Managament program at Michigan, and one professor in particular. He also had stated that the Michigan staff was his favorite. Point is it probably was a very tight race between the two schools, so the question then becomes, if Saban were to leave Alabama that changes the conditions at Alabama, and is that enough for Hoke/Mattison to convince Hand to flip?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to check, can just check the Tax GIS records for counties surrounding Austin,Texas. Bet you find nothing. Will even have pending sale info if they do it properly.

an LLC purchased the home

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Ive recomposed. CFB boards take "inside info" pretty serious. I post very little of what I hea, and with a rumor disclaimer, because even a solid source gets bad info (purposefully imo). I think you are straight up fos. Simple bet, how ever many days you think this rock solid info needs to come to fruition is how long you get banned for tossing shit on the board. what say ye?

I think he got it from these doodz, myself.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Have heard from two good sources that Nick Saban to Texas is a done deal. Will be making big bucks!</p>&mdash; TheFootballBrainiacs (@TheFbBrainiacs) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheFbBrainiacs/statuses/408338680130977793">December 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i say no. if you want to lock the thread, go for it. but just promise you'll unlock it before his press conference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, their company that buys and sells houses. Just like they bought one in Baton Rogue last year, just like he was selling a lake house this year.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me clarify a bit, between Bryant and Saban Alabama was mediocre. Yes, Alabama is one of the blue bloods, but the did have that down period between those two coaches. Another example of what I'm talking about is USC just prior to the Pete Carroll era. Alabama is set up to that they can get another quality coach should Saban leave, but that is no guarentee.

And Hand absolutely raved about the Sports Managament program at Michigan, and one professor in particular. He also had stated that the Michigan staff was his favorite. Point is it probably was a very tight race between the two schools, so the question then becomes, if Saban were to leave Alabama that changes the conditions at Alabama, and is that enough for Hoke/Mattison to convince Hand to flip?

I would not go so far as to say they were not good during the period from Bear to Saban, we had some good coaches during that period, but its also when Stallings slipped up and led us into our first probation that led to another that was the big deal that made us slip. Whats funny is, during those years we still managed a few 10 win seasons.

No to actually say that Alabama had bad years would be to overlook that they had a title in the 90's and 2000's and just missed on one in the 80's with Bear at the helm, won one in 1979(early 1980). Seems like they have had a title in each decade.

If he flips, then that is on him, but the department he fell in love with and the Dean he said he liked at Alabama wont be going to another school with the coach that might leave.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, their company that buys and sells houses. Just like they bought one in Baton Rogue last year, just like he was selling a lake house this year.

actually, this was a newly formed LLC

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LLC's can be checked too. Not hard to do and there are only so many under the Saban's name. not hard to check and no news of it has been officially written, just that rumor that was unfounded.

To this point we have unnamed sources, lack of proof, speculation and innuendo's and one source who has insider information sources close to the school who is the fan of a rival school, seems really legit to me, I am going out right now and buying a Saban to Texas shirt.