• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.... OK, your writing has about as much weight as Thamel's.

7 STAGES OF GRIEF

i know you are probably only on step 2 or 3 right now from this past saturday's events, but try to work through it quickly because you will have to start back at step 1 once this is made official.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd LOL if Saban went to Texas, coached 2 years. Retired. Texas looking for another new coach, Saban just wanting some extra $ before retiring lOL

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this I don't think Saban goes anywhere.

I think the Malzahn to Texas stuff is either Urban Meyer planting stories (his favorite little game) to spook Auburn or Jimmy Sexton is trying to get him a big raise (which will probably work regardless).

However if Texas gets serious I know Auburn can't outbid the Longhorns and if he wants to go so be it not the end of the world.

If he jumps ship now, after doing what he did this year at Auburn, he is whoring himself out to the highest bidder. Yes he has done some really good things, but he is only a HC for two years and possibly being looked at for a job like Texas? I am not buying that one, not that i dont think he could do it, but that they would be looking at him after a 2 year stint as a HC.

Seems like his style meshes well with the Big 12, but his experience in coaching at that level is a red flag to me.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban goes to Texas, does that mean Hand will flip to Michigan? :whistle:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fear talking, and yes i know you guys just beat us.

Face it, with all we have read, no one knows for sure, but I am pretty well connected and i usually know before hand if something is happening and i have no sources telling me anything of the sort. With that said, i did hear that big money could be and would be offered to keep him, that they would be willing to match an offer depending on what it was.

*shrug* my same 2nd source tipped me off chizik to auburn which seemed like a complete longshot and he isn't even that close to the auburn program.

it's not fear talking. of course i wouldn't mind seeing one of the best coaches on the planet leave my rival, but i wouldn't post this if i didn't believe it.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd LOL if Saban went to Texas, coached 2 years. Retired. Texas looking for another new coach, Saban just wanting some extra $ before retiring lOL

could very well happen. maybe 2 years. maybe 4 years.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he jumps ship now, after doing what he did this year at Auburn, he is whoring himself out to the highest bidder. Yes he has done some really good things, but he is only a HC for two years and possibly being looked at for a job like Texas? I am not buying that one, not that i dont think he could do it, but that they would be looking at him after a 2 year stint as a HC.

Seems like his style meshes well with the Big 12, but his experience in coaching at that level is a red flag to me.
Texas only comes up once every decade if that....if he wants Texas he will have to go now and live with it.

No hard feelings either way but I would love for him to stay.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Mack is a bit younger or older than Saban by a few months, cant remember which, but at any rate, they are essentially the same age. Saban is loaded (channels Ron white "looooooooooooaded') and could retire today and never look back or work again except to speak at luncheons and engagements on his process and ability to motivate players. I see this as a bad move on Texas's part if they chose to do it due to his impending retirement in a couple to a few years. He might have time to right the ship, but then you are looking for another top name in a short time. Why not find one young enough now that can do the job in a short time and suffer through some growing pains? Seems ridiculous to me and thats not my obvious bias talking, thats my business sense talking.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mack is a bit younger or older than Saban by a few months, cant remember which, but at any rate, they are essentially the same age. Saban is loaded (channels Ron white "looooooooooooaded') and could retire today and never look back or work again except to speak at luncheons and engagements on his process and ability to motivate players. I see this as a bad move on Texas's part if they chose to do it due to his impending retirement in a couple to a few years. He might have time to right the ship, but then you are looking for another top name in a short time. Why not find one young enough now that can do the job in a short time and suffer through some growing pains? Seems ridiculous to me and thats not my obvious bias talking, thats my business sense talking.

well les miles has kept the ball rolling pretty good after saban left and a lot of people aren't sure he knows up from down. if saban left tomorrow lots of great coaches would leap at the chance to go to alabama given the talent in the cupboard. saban would instantly put texas in the spotlight and be able to recruit some serious talent there. it wouldn't take long at all for the program to be a well oiled machine that someone who isn't the coach that saban is (say, les miles) to keep it up and running at a championship or near championship level.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban goes to Texas, does that mean Hand will flip to Michigan? :whistle:

Would you after the season they have had?

Bama is still loaded and whoever they bring in(possibly Kirby Smart) would still keep that drive and process going, especially if its Smart. Right now with Hand, they have four 5* players coming in. This iis not likely to change if they name Smart the HC and keep the staff intact naming a new DC from the staff and bringing in a new assistant.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was broke about 2 hours ago. Not impressed.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 STAGES OF GRIEF

i know you are probably only on step 2 or 3 right now from this past saturday's events, but try to work through it quickly because you will have to start back at step 1 once this is made official.

Whatever dude.... You've been here a whole 2 months & I'm in such disarray because Bama lost to Awbarn I should just believe whatever spouts out of your mouth. You're a idiot, my wife & in-laws are all Awbarn fans & there's not a whole lot you can say or do I haven't heard before.

Back to Saban.... I really don't see him leaving, he's got a stable of players, a top 5 recruiting class coming in & U of A will pay him whatever he wants. Why leave? But I know you're the expert on Saban......

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you post this shit? You're going to be ruined in a few weeks when nothing happens.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you post this shit? You're going to be ruined in a few weeks when nothing happens.

images

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you are so certain, wanna bet a ban for bs on it?

My sources say no.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you after the season they have had?

Bama is still loaded and whoever they bring in(possibly Kirby Smart) would still keep that drive and process going, especially if its Smart. Right now with Hand, they have four 5* players coming in. This iis not likely to change if they name Smart the HC and keep the staff intact naming a new DC from the staff and bringing in a new assistant.

Didn't stop Peppers. And while the season was dissapointing by Michigan standards, it really wasn't terrible. Outside of the MSU game they didn't really get dominated.

Besides, Hand made note of contections to staff being of importance to him. So with Saban gone, so does that commitment. Also, Alabama wasn't doing so hot before Saban, so who's to say they will continue to have success without him.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well les miles has kept the ball rolling pretty good after saban left and a lot of people aren't sure he knows up from down. if saban left tomorrow lots of great coaches would leap at the chance to go to alabama given the talent in the cupboard. saban would instantly put texas in the spotlight and be able to recruit some serious talent there. it wouldn't take long at all for the program to be a well oiled machine that someone who isn't the coach that saban is (say, les miles) to keep it up and running at a championship or near championship level.

But you are forgetting one big part of this equation here. Saban does not like the high octane offenses he has to face in aTm and now Auburn. That is only two of the teams he faces each year, but in Texas he would face them all the time at almost every school and he doesnt like that style of play. My guess is this weighs in his decision process also.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

I have no idea what's going to happen.

I have never seen a season with as much coaching turmoil as this one. It's been interesting watching coaches get large new contracts and all because of Kiffen's firing and the uncertainly of the Texas HC job.

Some how I knew this would be Kiffin's fault...:yahoo:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are forgetting one big part of this equation here. Saban does not like the high octane offenses he has to face in aTm and now Auburn. That is only two of the teams he faces each year, but in Texas he would face them all the time at almost every school and he doesnt like that style of play. My guess is this weighs in his decision process also.

as does the 10 million. :noidea: