• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson is starting a pretty impressive list

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butthurtometer.gif

TIL, pointing out facts indicates a person is "butthurt".

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your whole point is Wilson plays better when his offense line is healthy ? I'm thinking that's true for any QB. So much easier to complete passes when your not running for your life.

You got anymore brilliant observations ?

No my point of the argument was the last poster wanted to pretend like the Seahawks dont have a great OLine. Thus when I said they do he highlighted it and said I must have never seen a Seahawks game.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the replay on countless occasions frame by frame. There are multiple frames with the ball in Tate's hands before Jennings is even that close.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again since the OP was QB RW beat my statement is still stands true RW his steller OLine and Defense beat all those QBs.... And again it holds true if you switch RW and RG3 RW would be an after thought.

No, it doesn't. Because despite what you want to say, Russell Wilson hasn't had "stellar" offensive line play. RG3 has much better O-Line play than Wilson.

Wilson is better than 2013 RG3. And he was even with 2012 RG3.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. What rounds were those guys picked in again vs. Wilson and Foles? Being 1st rounders and top 10 picks, they had better "blow everyones expectations" :laugh3:

Yet, Luck has struggled this year as of late. RG3 is clearly not himself and has yet proved that he can be again. Tannehill isn't nearly playing as well as Russell Wilson and Nick Foles.

please, tell me you can read....I said Foles and Tannihill have exceeded expectations....no where did I say they were better than RW....

Foles is playing better than RW though....

Look I understand how your look at this...no different than I am looking at Alex Smith right now and can't believe how dumb the 9ers were to part with him after 12 games still....the homer glasses are still on even if they are the fades that darken only when outside...

RW is a good QB...just putting him up with Brady (will never be better than), Brees, Romo, guys who have proven over a longer time that they have done it is sorta pointless....thats like saying after Cam Newtons rookie year he is the best QB ever in the NFL...sort of dumb actually

He is a very good QB so far and "potentially" him, Foles, Tannihill, RGIII, Newton ALL have it to be great...be very lucky to see 50 percent of them actually become great...who was the big QB the Vikings had that everyone thought was going to be the best QB of all time because he could even run goal line at 275, then right out of football, it could happen to any of these guys.

Well, look, it looks like this thread is COMPLETELY all over the board in topics so I am done out of my mind blowing up....let the fail mary go, crap, or not, keep arguing about it, they are waiting for you to finish to decide if it gets reversed or not.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the replay on countless occasions frame by frame. There are multiple frames with the ball in Tate's hands before Jennings is even that close.

I just can't see it that way. I've watched the replay in high def dozens of times. I've posted this image already, but take another look:

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Milwaukee, Wis. - Packers-Seahawks Front Pages - Photos - SI.com

M.D. Jennings has the better position on the ball and it seriously looks like he has both hands on the ball, while it is obvious that Tate does not have his right hand on the ball. Then when you watch the play develop in replay, you clearly see Tate pawing at the ball with his right hand, but he never actually gets it on the ball until both players' butts are on the ground.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. Because despite what you want to say, Russell Wilson hasn't had "stellar" offensive line play. RG3 has much better O-Line play than Wilson.

Wilson is better than 2013 RG3. And he was even with 2012 RG3.

Ha so now Seattle has a better Oline then the Redskins..... ok well Im done not going to try to argue with someone who thinks that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see it that way. I've watched the replay in high def dozens of times. I've posted this image already, but take another look:

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Milwaukee, Wis. - Packers-Seahawks Front Pages - Photos - SI.com

M.D. Jennings has the better position on the ball and it seriously looks like he has both hands on the ball, while it is obvious that Tate does not have his right hand on the ball. Then when you watch the play develop in replay, you clearly see Tate pawing at the ball with his right hand, but he never actually gets it on the ball until both players' butts are on the ground.

You only need one hand for a catch. He caight the ball well before that point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No my point of the argument was the last poster wanted to pretend like the Seahawks dont have a great OLine. Thus when I said they do he highlighted it and said I must have never seen a Seahawks game.

Seahawks OL forte is run blocking, but of course the starters are better at pass blocking then the backups.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this in your head:

It doesn't matter who possessed it first. If an offensive players has possession on a catch, even if a defensive player had it "first" or had it "more," it is a touchdown. Golden Tate had two hands around the ball in midair. His hands didn't move. He kept his hands around the ball all the way to the ground, and indeed a second or two after that. That's possession. So even if Jennings had it first or had it more, it's still a touchdown. That is the simultaneous possession rule.

I'm actually as big of a Russell fanboy as you but that isn't the rule. Possession goes to whoever has control of the ball first. Tate had one hand pinned underneath the ball but he wasn't anywhere near controlling it as Jennings clutched the ball with two hands to his chest. At one point you can see Tate swiping at Jennngs' arm after Jennings had already caught the ball. I agree that Tate shared control as they landed, but that is irrelevant per the rule. Even the head referee admitted his crew didn't understand the rule.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what I saw and out of the Texans Rams Buc and Saints games that I watch there was a total difference in play. Then you compare those to games last year there is still a total difference in play.

Again since the OP was QB RW beat my statement is still stands true RW his steller OLine and Defense beat all those QBs.... And again it holds true if you switch RW and RG3 RW would be an after thought.

Stellar offensive line play? It's been awful for a good portion of the season. I've heard everything now. First it was the defense, then it was Marsahwn Lynch, then it was "he's a gimmick QB" even though he ran NFL-style offenses his entire college career. Why don't you throw out a "he's too short", because we haven't heard that one in a while.At what point does this guy start getting credit for what he does on the field instead of people constantly trying to make excuses for his success?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha so now Seattle has a better Oline then the Redskins..... ok well Im done not going to try to argue with someone who thinks that.

I gave a fucking chart based on the actual pressures and sacks recorded from every game. It has Washington ranked #12 and Seattle #32 in pass blocking.

Those are real numbers. I don't blame you from running away from an argument based on reality when your argument is not supported by reality. It's quite predictable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Passer rating or ESPN's QBR?

Passer rating has some value, but if a QB doesn't have to be aggressive to win games for his team, it doesn't have much use as a comparison to someone who has no ground game or defense and has to put up 30 a game by himself to have a shot.

QBR is 100% valueless. If you use it in a discussion I can never take you seriously again.

Just for the record, I was referring to passer rating.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As someone who watches every Seahawks game, I would say that our offensive line is good but not great. We have a very solid running game, but IMO it's largely because Marshawn gets a lot of yards after contact. And yes, we've allowed fewer sacks that most, but Russell Wilson's ability to run away from pass rushers has a lot to do with that. The Seahawks have an above average offensive line, but it's nothing to write home about, IMO.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only need one hand for a catch. He caight the ball well before that point.

You CAN catch a ball with one hand. But under these circumstances, Tate could not have had any kind of control over the ball for several reasons I have mentioned above. It's apparent you are not reading many of my points that fully back up my argument, so think what you want. I'm done with you.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was the Zapruder film

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe a thread about Russell Wilson is being used for Packer fans to cry like babies. Get over it. I hate how the 05 Super Bowl went down for the Hawks and that was the SUPER BOWL but you get over it because NO ONE cares.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe a thread about Russell Wilson is being used for Packer fans to cry like babies. Get over it. I hate how the 05 Super Bowl went down for the Hawks and that was the SUPER BOWL but you get over it because NO ONE cares.

Then you guys should stop counting your home win streak and start putting a * next to it.