• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson is starting a pretty impressive list

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that was in the context of doublejive claiming this Seahawks team is one of the best teams in the past 25 years. People have just been telling him to slow down a little.

This. He was trying to measure a team that had done nothing yet on a historical scale.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misquote I said that teams like this only come around about every 25 or so years,as in the turn around in two or three years.

New England did it in 1. They went 5-11 the year before they won the Super Bowl in 2001. Ravens did it in two years under Brian billick in 2000. New Orleans did it in 3 years under Sean Payton and these are all teams that have actually won the Super Bowl. Seahawks have yet to win jack squat other than a bunch of regular season games.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Seattle is the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. I'm not being passive aggressive. They are also in a great position going forward for the next few years. This might be the beginning of a dynasty but they also might never win a single Super Bowl with this team. The NFL playoffs are a lot about luck and being healthy at the right time.

:agree: There are a whole lot of mights and maybes at this point. Look at those years with Andy Ried in Philly where they were knocking on the door year after year and didn't ever win the big one. Only got there once. Look at the 2000 Ravens or 86 Bears. Those defenses were all-time great and had dynasty written all over them but only one ring came their way. Right now, I would love for the Hawks to get there and win one but so many things can derail this train so easily. Also to go along with the lucky and healthy part is momentum at the right time.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to edit that again and put an asterisk by Aaron Rodgers' names.

I'm a Ravens fan but I gotta say the pack got royally ripped off on that call.....But it's not the teams fault the refs blew it !!....
We had a similar thing happen in NE 2 yrs ago when our wr caught the ball came down in bounds and while turning the defender knocked the ball out of his hands.... It was already a TD when he came down with possession but it kept us from going to the SB and man that stung....
But we came back next year and won it all, so look up my man, you got an elite qb and a good team, you'll have other opportunities for sure....And you and I both would have took the win if the shoe was on the other foot..:think:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. I'm not being passive aggressive. They are also in a great position going forward for the next few years. This might be the beginning of a dynasty but they also might never win a single Super Bowl with this team. The NFL playoffs are a lot about luck and being healthy at the right time.

They are every year in Seattle....They are a very good team but you got it right, it takes some luck along with the talent to win it all....Everyone is good in the playoffs, and wasn't Denver everyone's pick last yr til we went into Mile High and brought them Way Low ?....
Just get in, anything is possible......:fencing:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that most of this thread has nothing to do with anything. I think the OP's post was interesting but we are at 204 posts now and the majority are bullshit?

Russel's a good QB
Seattle is a good team
No reasonable person is saying that the Seattle team is one of the gretest.
Kill this and start something better, PLEASE!

Kill this thread, PLEASE!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1950s - Lions had 3 championships
1960s - Packers had 5 championships
1970s - Steelers had 4 championships
1980s - Niners had 4 championships
1990s - Cowboys had 3 championships in 4 years
2000s - Patriots had 3 championships in 4 years

Can you see why calling an 11-1 team a once in a quarter century team might be getting a bit ahead of yourself? Seattle looks like the best team this year, but there is a best team every season.
If someone said the Hawks are a "once in a quarter century team" I'd laugh at them too at this point. I agree. Win more than one title in a decade and you can be talked about historically as a once in 1/4 century team.

Otherwise, I'm gonna keep hyping my own team as the best of the season and a favorite to win it all. Why not? Every year there's a team who should gain respect that season for what they're doing. In 2012 the Redskins and RG3 had to get respect from other fans for what they did. This year, anyone who doesn't give Seattle some respect for what they're doing has got to be biased in some way. Objectively Seattle is a team you should want to watch. Great D. Punishing runners. QB play among the league's best.

Sure a Super Bowl win would garner some respect, but let's be honest. Even if the Hawks win the Lombardi this year, we'll still hear shit talking from people about how that's our 1st title, among other nonsensical garbage. Welcome to the internet. Don't like us talking shit about our team? Tough. It's gonna happen anyway.