• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson is starting a pretty impressive list

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell does have the advantage of a smothering Defense. Not saying he is not playing beyond expectations.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this Hammer's Law thing have to do with this thread? I don't get it.

JDM said "Win something, then maybe you can discuss your team with those that have actually done it."

That is essentially the gist of Hammer's Law. It was something we were kidding around with on a thread a while back. It always seems that if you debate any football topic long enough someone will start chucking Superbowl wins into the debate (when it isn't even part of the topic) as some kind of unbeatable magical defense against losing the argument. So I named this tactic "Hammer's Law".

This thread was simply a list of QB's that Wilson has played against and won against. Just a factual, easily provable list of wins over Wilson's career. It devolved into something else for a dozen pages and then we got Hammer's Law when JDM made the above statement.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM said "Win something, then maybe you can discuss your team with those that have actually done it."

That is essentially the gist of Hammer's Law. It was something we were kidding around with on a thread a while back. It always seems that if you debate any football topic long enough someone will start chucking Superbowl wins into the debate (when it isn't even part of the topic) as some kind of unbeatable magical defense against losing the argument. So I named this tactic "Hammer's Law".

This thread was simply a list of QB's that Wilson has played against and won against. Just a factual, easily provable list of wins over Wilson's career. It devolved into something else for a dozen pages and then we got Hammer's Law when JDM made the above statement.

Well to be fair, you guys will be able to utilize "Hammers Law" if and when you win a Super Bowl. I will welcome you guys with open arms. :suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that most of this thread has nothing to do with anything. I think the OP's post was interesting but we are at 204 posts now and the majority are bullshit?

Russel's a good QB
Seattle is a good team
No reasonable person is saying that the Seattle team is one of the gretest.
Kill this and start something better, PLEASE!

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that was in the context of doublejive claiming this Seahawks team is one of the best teams in the past 25 years. People have just been telling him to slow down a little.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that most of this thread has nothing to do with anything. I think the OP's post was interesting but we are at 204 posts now and the majority are bullshit?

Russel's a good QB
Seattle is a good team
No reasonable person is saying that the Seattle team is one of the gretest.
Kill this and start something better, PLEASE!

:lol: now this a post, I can whole heartedly agree with. Good point, Im done aiding this threads continued life.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thought before this thread gets taken behind the barn and shot in the face. When I made the original post I mistakingly said Wilson had done that list in 39 games. Actually he's only played 30 games(including playoffs). Not a big deal but I'm kinda shocked that no one in 13 pages corrected that mistake. Not even my fellow Hawk fans caught it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thought before this thread gets taken behind the barn and shot in the face. When I made the original post I mistakingly said Wilson had done that list in 39 games. Actually he's only played 30 games(including playoffs). Not a big deal but I'm kinda shocked that no one in 13 pages corrected that mistake. Not even my fellow Hawk fans caught it.

:L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: now this a post, I can whole heartedly agree with. Good point, Im done aiding this threads continued life.

Don't leave!! It's true, though, this thread is 90% bullshit. Let's pick it back up after the playoffs and it would actually get some serious debate. Right now people are still too invested in their teams or hating on the favorites. Go Niners! ;)

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we just all agree that Russell Wilson is a really good QB, regardless if he's beaten "Aaron Rodgers*" or Sam Bradford?

BTW, why do you guys continue to complain about Fail Mary? It happened last year and let's be honest fellow Packer fans, the way we performed against the Vikings the last regular season game and the 49ers in the playoffs, we didn't deserve anything.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we just all agree that Russell Wilson is a really good QB, regardless if he's beaten "Aaron Rodgers*" or Sam Bradford?

BTW, why do you guys continue to complain about Fail Mary? It happened last year and let's be honest fellow Packer fans, the way we performed against the Vikings the last regular season game and the 49ers in the playoffs, we didn't deserve anything.

Because it's been brought up innumerable times. People are still crying about the "Tuck Rule."

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I've never actually cared about the fail mary as far as losing the game. Score board is score board and it's stupid to dwell on "might have beens." I do like talking about it, though. It's one of the more interesting plays in recent NFL history and both sides (myself more than most) are pretty determined to prove they were right even now. I just think it's interesting. Plus it's fun to poke at Seahawk fans and I don't have to feel guilty since they're on top right now.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still cogitating the earlier comment by a poster, that this years Seattle team is the BEST, all time, for the past 25 to 30 years.

I could possibly see Seattles' defense in this discussion, depending how the season plays out.

Hawks are looking really, really scary good this year, that's for sure. Best in the NFC right now, no doubt. All time? Seems early to be saying that, but that's me.

Misquote I said that teams like this only come around about every 25 or so years,as in the turn around in two or three years.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that was in the context of doublejive claiming this Seahawks team is one of the best teams in the past 25 years. People have just been telling him to slow down a little.

Again you people are apparently not understanding what i said,i dont understand why,and seeing how the roster will change but not by much yeah i can stand by it.
If you read the post i made above it maybe you would get the jist more i dunno but there seem's to be some people here,no many that snip certain things they wish to read and discard the rest.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too much passive aggressive behavior by too many that just love to bash the Hawk's and or fan's for whatever reason.

By the way was watching ESPN earlier and they were talking about the Hawk's and how other teams sign guys we cut so fast.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too much passive aggressive behavior by too many that just love to bash the Hawk's and or fan's for whatever reason.

By the way was watching ESPN earlier and they were talking about the Hawk's and how other teams sign guys we cut so fast.

So, blame everyone else for your lack of precision. Make a clear point that cannot be misunderstood. Makes things easier for all of us.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Seattle is the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. I'm not being passive aggressive. They are also in a great position going forward for the next few years. This might be the beginning of a dynasty but they also might never win a single Super Bowl with this team. The NFL playoffs are a lot about luck and being healthy at the right time.