• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson is starting a pretty impressive list

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1950s - Lions had 3 championships
1960s - Packers had 5 championships
1970s - Steelers had 4 championships
1980s - Niners had 4 championships
1990s - Cowboys had 3 championships in 4 years
2000s - Patriots had 3 championships in 4 years

Can you see why calling an 11-1 team a once in a quarter century team might be getting a bit ahead of yourself? Seattle looks like the best team this year, but there is a best team every season.

I am not looking at the W/L i am basing it on more than that,i remember those and how some teams were devastated by injury's and then the whole Aikmen to Irvin like Stockton to Malone,,then add in the salary cap years when it in essence didn't exist.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1991 Redskins a prime example imo,i recall first game of the season my older brother and I were watching the game by half time we said they would go to the SB.

Great offense,sucky D but it didnt matter that team scored at will,Bill's that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, everyone knows that you are not allowed to enjoy the season until it is over and your team has won the SB.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, everyone knows that you are not allowed to enjoy the season until it is over and your team has won the SB.

Who said that? The Packers aren't even going to make the playoffs and I'm still enjoying the season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that? The Packers aren't even going to make the playoffs and I'm still enjoying the season.

Yes, you are. And nobody is telling you there is à problem with the way you are going about it.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football is a team game. Wilson is hardly responsible for those wins against other good QBs and their teams. He's functional and better than Kaep right now but that doesn't say much of anything yet

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1991 Redskins a prime example imo,i recall first game of the season my older brother and I were watching the game by half time we said they would go to the SB.

Great offense,sucky D but it didnt matter that team scored at will,Bill's that is.

Yeah. Everyone knew they were winning it by week 5. It was like that for the 85 Bears and the 84 49ers as well.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you're hilarious. You have won nothing yet.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win something, then maybe you can discuss your team with those that have actually done it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win something, then maybe you can discuss your team with those that have actually done it.

Ah, the typical you can't post here unless your team has historically as much hardware as my team stuff arrogant idiot fans post to rile up people. I mean, yeah we haven't see that one yet right? :rollseyes:

Hate to tell you, but anyone can say whatever the fuck they want and if it offends you because of your snobbery then just go fuck yourself and deal with it. :yahoo: :whistle:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammers law!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part i highlighted is utter BS,you are a fucking liar or soo naive it is beyond belief i remember you from ESPN,did you ever look at those few posters date of creation? it was Breaker and his butt buddy's.

Yah know i have i bet posted this maybe 50 times now and still just fly's over people like yours heads.

And cwood yes i remember you too and how you said the hawks were "Just lucky" "Havent played any good teams" etc etc,God i wish i had the full databasecopy of all those with a searchable engine so i could copy and SHOW what you guys said and what those sockpuppet accounts ala fake Hawk fans that were Breaker and Princess,Juice etc.

Yeah I remember you as well. I understand some were just trying to troll and get people to hate on Seattle fans. It went beyond them though. And you are kind of proving my point about being so sensitive to any kind of critique of the Seahawks team or their fans. I lived in Seattle the last two years and just like those posters on ESPN there were plenty in the Seattle area that acted exactly like they did. My whole neighborhood and my co-workers all knew I was a Bronco fan. When the Broncos won on a hail mary pass every single one of them couldn't wait to come laugh in my face and tell me how pathetic my team was. When it happened to the Seahawks the next day I just kept my mouth shut but believe me I wanted to go up to every single one of them and ask how it felt but I tried to be bigger than that. Now I will say every fan base has a group of fans that are just jerks and the Broncos are no different. I will say though I have lived plenty of places with pro football teams and nowhere acted more childish about their team than in Seattle. I actually was a fan of the team until I moved there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the typical you can't post here unless your team has historically as much hardware as my team stuff arrogant idiot fans post to rile up people. I mean, yeah we haven't see that one yet right? :rollseyes:

Hate to tell you, but anyone can say whatever the fuck they want and if it offends you because of your snobbery then just go fuck yourself and deal with it. :yahoo: :whistle:

No, you can't say your team is special and one of the better teams ever when they haven't even made a Super Bowl. Big difference.

Say what you want but to the guy saying the Seahawks are among the greats based on part of one regular season is an idiot.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does! For those who missed it or forgotten.

Hammer's Law: When a fan with a currently good team with zero championships debates a fan who's team has won at least one championship sometime in the past, the fan of the championship team will at some point bring his team's past accomplishments into the debate, regardless of the actual topic at hand, in attempt to win a losing argument.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this Hammer's Law thing have to do with this thread? I don't get it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still cogitating the earlier comment by a poster, that this years Seattle team is the BEST, all time, for the past 25 to 30 years.

I could possibly see Seattles' defense in this discussion, depending how the season plays out.

Hawks are looking really, really scary good this year, that's for sure. Best in the NFC right now, no doubt. All time? Seems early to be saying that, but that's me.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still cogitating the earlier comment by a poster, that this years Seattle team is the BEST, all time, for the past 25 to 30 years.

I could possibly see Seattles' defense in this discussion, depending how the season plays out.

Hawks are looking really, really scary good this year, that's for sure. Best in the NFC right now, no doubt. All time? Seems early to be saying that, but that's me.

the quality of competition in the parity era is sub par so I doubt Seattles defense is that good. Theres plenty of receivers from the late 80s to early 90s that would burn these Cornerbacks often.