• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which panthers?
Plymouth State University..

Plymouth, NH

Until recently was considered in the top ten party schools in the USA.

Got a new President and he's committed to making it a great educational school. His name is Dr. Donald Brix, yep, the brother of Dr. Brix on the Presidents Covid team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plymouth State University..

Plymouth, NH

Until recently was considered in the top ten party schools in the USA.

Got a new President and he's committed to making it a great educational school. His name is Dr. Donald Brix, yep, the brother of Dr. Brix on the Presidents Covid team.
and ruining a good party school for something like education?
What's this country coming to.?????

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donte Moncrief signed to practice squad

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade deadline, of course, had passed. That doesn't prevent teams from fishing around and trying stir up interest in doing something when the season ends.

A report came out of New York, according to Phil Perry NBCSports, that the Jets contacted Bill Belichick about his interest in Sam Darnold. The jets are looking for a first round pick in retuen for the #3 pick in 2017. I think that they'll be really lucky if they can get a 3rd rounder.

Of course the league hears about stuff like than before anyone in the media and supposedly when John Lynch heard about it, he supposedly, nothing concrete, called BB and had a conversation about JG.

If any of this is true, would Belichick be interested in taking Darnold or is Lynch looking at getting Darnold and selling a broken JG back to his former fun mate?

I don't think I would want either. I've never been impressed with Darnold. Maybe Josh could do something with him but I'd hate to go through another year with a misfit toy. JG got hurt here and then went to SF and had a good if not great year, last year but strted laking oil in the Super Bowl and blew a gasket this year. No details or anything more about this.

What think the Patriot Hooplans????

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade deadline, of course, had passed. That doesn't prevent teams from fishing around and trying stir up interest in doing something when the season ends.

A report came out of New York, according to Phil Perry NBCSports, that the Jets contacted Bill Belichick about his interest in Sam Darnold. The jets are looking for a first round pick in retuen for the #3 pick in 2017. I think that they'll be really lucky if they can get a 3rd rounder.

Of course the league hears about stuff like than before anyone in the media and supposedly when John Lynch heard about it, he supposedly, nothing concrete, called BB and had a conversation about JG.

If any of this is true, would Belichick be interested in taking Darnold or is Lynch looking at getting Darnold and selling a broken JG back to his former fun mate?

I don't think I would want either. I've never been impressed with Darnold. Maybe Josh could do something with him but I'd hate to go through another year with a misfit toy. JG got hurt here and then went to SF and had a good if not great year, last year but strted laking oil in the Super Bowl and blew a gasket this year. No details or anything more about this.

No, I don't want Darnold.

Washington's team message board was thinking about them wanting him. They can have him

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Darnold and would be okay with him as the QB, but I am not sure I would give a first round pick. I know a lot here think Stidham is done in NE I just don't think so, not yet. I think the Pats will pick up vet FA, draft a QB, and cut Houyer. I also think the first will be traded out for more picks in rounds 2 and 3.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Darnold and would be okay with him as the QB, but I am not sure I would give a first round pick. I know a lot here think Stidham is done in NE I just don't think so, not yet. I think the Pats will pick up vet FA, draft a QB, and cut Houyer. I also think the first will be traded out for more picks in rounds 2 and 3.
Unless one of the top QBs slide down, you're probably right. With each win, the Pats move further down the draft list.. Right now they're drafting between 13 and 16. If they win the next two, lose to the Bills and Dolphins and beat the Jets they finish at 8-8 and would be somewhere between 14 and 20. Tough to think a top QB would slide that far down, but you never know. If there was a top DT, DE or LB he'd use the pick.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to make any positive comments on Darnold since the Jets have continued to suck since his arrival. I mean, he should've given them SOME kind of spark, no? Hell no on Jimmy G but I won't be shocked it that were to happen. If Stidham stays on the roster then we know he'll get a shot because Jimmy will be hurt in short order.

I also won't be shocked if Cam gets signed to some type of contract with the intention of drafting the hopeful eventual starter.

My bold prediction though is Aaron Rogers starts next year in NE. As much as I think the guy is a monumental douche(I mean, who takes Danica Patrick OVER Olivia Munn?), he'd likely be a great fit and if GB doesn't go far in the playoffs will be looking for the exit door.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless one of the top QBs slide down, you're probably right. With each win, the Pats move further down the draft list.. Right now they're drafting between 13 and 16. If they win the next two, lose to the Bills and Dolphins and beat the Jets they finish at 8-8 and would be somewhere between 14 and 20. Tough to think a top QB would slide that far down, but you never know. If there was a top DT, DE or LB he'd use the pick.
Trey Lance or Brock Purdy may be there. I have watched Purdy twice I like him just not sure where I like him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this guy could fall to us?
Decent Arm, great scrambler, cool under pressure...

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely won’t get Lawrence or Fields. I think we played our way out of Zach Wilson and Lance. I wouldn’t mind Trask or Mac Jones or Purdy. I think there is a lot of talent in this years upcoming draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only I had a crystal ball!
I saw something in Darnold. What has he done lately?
I am still thinking Stidham is not done?
Cam is what he is, not what he was.
If you believe in Belichick, the fact that he gave up Jimmy for a 3rd is something.
As far as all the 2nd tier QB's in the draft, how do you really know in this year of the covid?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only I had a crystal ball!
I saw something in Darnold. What has he done lately?
I am still thinking Stidham is not done?
Cam is what he is, not what he was.
If you believe in Belichick, the fact that he gave up Jimmy for a 3rd is something.
As far as all the 2nd tier QB's in the draft, how do you really know in this year of the covid?
I think Darnold has done well lately he's the only reason the Jets have even been in some games.

I am with you if we don't see Stidham next year then I will write him off.

Cam was from the outset a one year option and not the future. The Pats knew they didn't have a solid roster top to bottom and no receivers run first QB with great backs makes sense.

Second tier QBs well there were previous years where you can gauge improvement. As I said I have seen Purdy twice I live in Gainesville so I see Trask ( on fence here with him ) and I watch all ND games so Book will be there but I am torn on him too.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bleacher Report 12/5/2020

Unnamed sources are saying that Bill Belichick will move quickly once the season has ended to secure Ryan Fitzpatrick to QB the patriots in 2021 and possibly 2022. The source also said that BB and Nick Caserio have already set their sites on three college QBs and expect two if them will be avaialbe even if the patriots win the Super Bowl.

They also reported that Josh McDaniels is very high , if not the first choice of the New York Jets and possible the Detroit Lions s theur head coach in 2021.

It's also being reported that Matt Patricvia will be back with the Patriots in 2021.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Unnamed sources, Oyyyy " We're making up a story"

2. I don't want him, no thanks no need of a journeyman