• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this post has turned to religion I'll simply say that any man who chooses a life of chastity is either godlike(unlikely) or has something seriously wrong with him. I don't know about the rest of you but when I was in my earlier years I had NOTHING but pussy on the mind. To simply go "nah, I'm giving my life to god and never fucking anything of jerking off ever again" reeks of a deviant with serious issues.
but only some require chastity. Others are lead by men (and women too in more modern groups) with families of their own.

As a kid there was a lot about religion I did not understand... probably this mostly... We had these two really cool guys who did stuff for us and seemed similar in many ways... On one hand we has Santa, but he wasn't around much. Then there was Jesus... Both were magical, but Santa wasn't real yet Jesus was? Santa flying in a sleigh, made up... Jesus walking on water... real. Santa delivers presents around the world in one night, fake. Jesus surviving 40 days in a desert without food or water, real...

Sorry if I'm offending anyone.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this post has turned to religion I'll simply say that any man who chooses a life of chastity is either godlike(unlikely) or has something seriously wrong with him. I don't know about the rest of you but when I was in my earlier years I had NOTHING but pussy on the mind. To simply go "nah, I'm giving my life to god and never fucking anything of jerking off ever again" reeks of a deviant with serious issues.
What do you consider "early" years?

By by that standard, at 54, I'm still in my "Early" years.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Ken on being molested.
Went to a Catholic school, boy scout and in the choir and nobody tried a thing.
I wasn't THAT UGLY. It's just in our parish they were all drunks.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Ken on being molested.
Went to a Catholic school, boy scout and in the choir and nobody tried a thing.
I wasn't THAT UGLY. It's just in our parish they were all drunks.

Not every cop is a douche, not every car salesman is a con artist, not every priest is a peedofile.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider "early" years?

By by that standard, at 54, I'm still in my "Early" years.

Haha. Me too at 50. Not sure how my wife feels about that but at least she still plays along

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this has turned into a fun conversation.

My mother, God rest her soul, was born way the f*ck up in Northen Maine. Upper Frenchville and she had a couple thousand relatives and one time or another I think every one of them slept on a double mattress on the floor of my bedroom. She had four female cousins that became nuns. I met them all when I was very young and don't really remember them. She had a cousin Gil who became an ordained Jesuit Priest and he went to a seminary for his education that I visited at least ten times. He was a great guy. When my father died in 1972 and I came home in the middle of my fourth tour he stayed at my house during the wake and funeral. When he left, he went to the Vatican to study the Occult and to become an 'honest to God' Exorcist. He came back in 1974 just before the movie was released and told me that the Pope had ordered that thirty young priests be trained to handle what he expected to be a flood of calls for exorcisms after the movie came out.

In 1980 he met a woman and fell in love and left the priesthood. He married her and moved to the midwest. I would have to guess that the woman was better than anything or anyone he'd ever been with. Women can be extremely influential, especially when they're naked in front of you. I can only assume that he's passed. He had to be 10 years older than me and he looked 60 when he came back from Rome and I think he was 34. His black hair was snow white and he had wrinkles. All he told me when we talked after he came back was he saw things that should never be seen and heard things that should never be heard.

I have to agree with @Carnzo. There are always great people and shitbags in every walk of life. You can only hope that you never have to deal with the shitbags.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great story Ken. There are many things in life that we do not understand. As a believer I know that there are things that we cannot see or you better hope you do not see. believing in good and evil requires you believe in both. How can there be 1 without the other?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a believer I know that there are things that we cannot see or you better hope you do not see. believing in good and evil requires you believe in both.
I've told this before............................

I spent two years killing people every single day. It got to the point where I was the evil thing. I got to the point where I couldn't sleep for more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time because I thought that even Americans were looking to kill me. I got on my knees and made a deal with God. "If you let me sleep for one night, I promise I'll never kill another one of your living creatures." I slept 14 straight hours. I turned in my wings and to this daily I apologize when I kill a mosquito when I'm being bitten. I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. I believe that there is a God and he listens. I also believe that he never interferes or grants wishes unless he believes or knows that the person asking has faith and isn't looking to benefit just himself.

"God, don't let me die." Excuse me? If you believe in me, why wouldn't you want to die and come to the place I've promised you?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've told this before............................

I spent two years killing people every single day. It got to the point where I was the evil thing. I got to the point where I couldn't sleep for more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time because I thought that even Americans were looking to kill me. I got on my knees and made a deal with God. "If you let me sleep for one night, I promise I'll never kill another one of your living creatures." I slept 14 straight hours. I turned in my wings and to this daily I apologize when I kill a mosquito when I'm being bitten. I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. I believe that there is a God and he listens. I also believe that he never interferes or grants wishes unless he believes or knows that the person asking has faith and isn't looking to benefit just himself.

"God, don't let me die." Excuse me? If you believe in me, why wouldn't you want to die and come to the place I've promised you?

I believe in a higher power.
I have seen some of the magic.
I do not believe in organized religion. It is a crutch for some and a shield for others.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard two rumors this morning.........................................

1. Josh McDaniels will take the Los Angeles Chargers Head Coach position and the deal is just about done. Jedd Fisch who is the Pats QB coach will become the OC.

2. The New England Patriots nd Detroit Lions have been discussing a trade. It's hardly moving because the main piece is Matthew Stafford and his cap hit for 2021 is $34.5M and BB is not interested in investing that much money in anyone. No one is even close to sure what the hell is actually going on but one can only assume that Stafford would have to agree to rewrite his present contract move the entire $52M he's owed in '21($34.5M) and '22($27.95M) over at least four years and cut the cap hit to $25M at the very most and the patriots would want to move some money at the same time.

Can't confirm anything because the McDaniels thing would be against league rules and trades cannot be discussed officially until the teams seasons have ended. Nothing like a little hot stove in the cold month of December.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoke to a guy last night and he says that the Stafford thing will never happen. The only reason the Lions are even thinking about this is that Stafford will not sign an extension and the Lions are on the hook. Even worse, they're in cap hell and with the cap stuck at 2020 levels, They may to waiver a bunch of players and will be stuck with a boatload of dead cap money and Stafford could be on of those players. He said that BB and Caserio's phones have been ringing nonstop because teams are desperate for help to get out of a monetary mess.

His take is that BB will reap huge rewards when teams have to make cap adjustments. He'll be able to pick and chose starters and it will cost him 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks for players with as much as three years remaining on decent contracts.

He also said that the Josh and Chargers thing is solid .........right now. Kraft hasn't weighed in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina Panthers fired their GM this morning and have asked the Patriots to speak with Nick Caserio.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Millen wrote an article and it says Patriots pick 15th and take Mac Jones

Anyone truly think that would happen?