• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the stats........you know, those freakin' numbers that everyone hates.

If the patriots finish:

8-8 They will draft #16
7-9 They will draft #15
6-10 They will draft #13

Only if....11 scenarios do or do not happen. >>>>IF<<<< the Patriots lose their last two......
Jets and Jags will fight it out for #1 and #2, The Bengals are trying to screw themselves out of #3. The Eagles could win one and screw themselves out of #4.

Then comes all of the weird stuff.

Texans are at 4-10 and could be #5, but if they win the last two, they fall behind the Pats because they beat them
Falcons and Panthers are at 4-10 and are in front of the Patriots if they tie, would probably be ahead of them unless there is a schedule issue.
The Broncos are at 5-9 and if they win the last two, they move behind the Pats same if they go 1-1 because they beat the Pats.
The Chargers are at 5-9 and could fall behind if they win the last two. Otherwise they stay in front of the Patriots.
The 49ers are at 5-9 and a split or two wins drops them behind the Patriots.
The Lions are 5-9 and two wins drops them.
The Vikings sit at 6-8 and could win out or go 1-1 and drop behind.

Statistically, there are just too many variables that would have to happen to move the Patriots up to number 8. Logically, it appears that they will pick somewhere between 11 and 15. But, stranger things have happened, like the 11-0 Steelers losing 3 in a row.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the stats........you know, those freakin' numbers that everyone hates.

If the patriots finish:

8-8 They will draft #16
7-9 They will draft #15
6-10 They will draft #13

Only if....11 scenarios do or do not happen. >>>>IF<<<< the Patriots lose their last two......
Jets and Jags will fight it out for #1 and #2, The Bengals are trying to screw themselves out of #3. The Eagles could win one and screw themselves out of #4.

Texans are at 4-10 and could be #5, but if they win the last two, they fall behind the Pats because they beat them
Falcons and Panthers are at 4-10 and are in front of the Patriots if they tie, would probably be ahead of them unless there is a schedule issue.
The Broncos are at 5-9 and if they win the last two, they move behind the Pats same if they go 1-1 because they beat the Pats.
The Chargers are at 5-9 and could fall behind if they win the last two. Otherwise they stay in front of the Patriots.

Statistically, there are just too many variables that would have to happen to move the Patriots up to number 8. Logically, it appears that they will pick somewhere between 11 and 15. But, stranger things have happened, like the 11-0 Steelers losing 3 in a row.
As a FYI, Dolphins have the Texans 1sr round pick this year I believe.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a FYI, Dolphins have the Texans 1sr round pick this year I believe.
they do but that wont affect the patriots pick
too many games and too many teams to know where the pats will be if they lose the last 2

these are the teams that determine the pats pick which is 15 right now
was/ari are in playoffs right now but if they fall out they will be in the mix also

1608688811581.png

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do but that wont affect the patriots pick
too many games and too many teams to know where the pats will be if they lose the last 2

these are the teams that determine the pats pick which is 15 right now
was/ari are in playoffs right now but if they fall out they will be in the mix also

View attachment 260756
So what do you think is top needs for Pats in draft?? I doubt they could trade up to get Lawrence or Fields. Would they look at Lance if he was there late early/early mid round of 1st?? Is QB the spot they would fill first if someone was there?? Not much on the FA list for next year other than Prescott & Turbinsky, easy pass on those IMO.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the patriots finish:

8-8 They will draft #16
7-9 They will draft #15
6-10 They will draft #13

Damn I hope this was copied from somewhere. Considering the draft is four months away, It's much easier to just wait for the actual results.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously (as I laugh), I do think we've piled on YR enough.
Dude I am so not worried about any of the douchebags on this board, none, yourself included. I am not here to win a fucking popularity contest. You are all okay with Folk I am not in the end that's all this boils down to.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think is top needs for Pats in draft?? I doubt they could trade up to get Lawrence or Fields. Would they look at Lance if he was there late early/early mid round of 1st?? Is QB the spot they would fill first if someone was there?? Not much on the FA list for next year other than Prescott & Turbinsky, easy pass on those IMO.
qb/wr is there need but dont know what they can do till the season is ova
there are 4-5 qbs in the draft with potential
trevor/fields/mac jones/trask/wilson if they all declare for nfl
but dont matter what i want with bb it usually doesnt happen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I damn sure dont want Trask

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I am so not worried about any of the douchebags on this board, none, yourself included. I am not here to win a fucking popularity contest. You are all okay with Folk I am not in the end that's all this boils down to.
Now why address anyone that way when you know it's in good fun? You've been around long enough to know it's all in good fun. You had/have an opinion and stuck by it. So be it. It contrasted with others here, so be it. We go back and forth addressing that contrast as we do with most of our contrasts, so be it. In this case, every time Folk took action there was a reminder of this contrast, so yeah it may have come up more often... So be it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He will pick up a scrap heap Division III player with the first pick the Patriots get and then cut him a week into the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots brought in K Roberto Aguayo for a tryout on Monday.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots brought in K Roberto Aguayo for a tryout on Monday.

Why? Folk injured or something?

They should be bringing in WR and TE, not kickers

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I hope this was copied from somewhere. Considering the draft is four months away, It's much easier to just wait for the actual results.
Yes it was copied from an article I was reading. The author believes that BB will not take a QB. He thinks that he will draft a LB or DL because that's where he is most comfortable.

Some interesting things are going on in the NFL. Teams know that money will be tight and most teams will have a really difficult time staying under the cap. Approx. 30% of player salaries have increases and just those increases will force teams to cut players and trade draft picks. Some teams will have to cut players just to have enough money to pay drafted players. The Dolphins reportedly low balled Ryan Fitzpatrick, telling him that there won't be any money for free agents to sign anywhere. He turned them down. Agents are already calling teams that will have money and the team at the top of the speed dial is the Patriots.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well being a gator hater as a Ga fan neither do i :suds:
I really question if he has the gray matter to play at this level, and he has benefited from some great pass catchers. And when is the last time UF put a decent QB in the league.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Folk injured or something?

They should be bringing in WR and TE, not kickers
Let's see what the rookie TEs look like. Not sure why they won't put them on the field? I suspect BB knows Cam would lead them right into bone crushing hits so he wants to red shirt them.