• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take an early second at this point, for no other reason than we are stacked at RB. Gives Bill ammo to trade back into the first.
I'm seeing deep threat, TE, LB or DE as the 1st round needs next year. be nice to have 2.

No argument there.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there.....
That would make pretty much full value on his return. I think he's spent too much time off the field to get that, but I see your point. We need value worth giving him up, not what the rest of the league may value him at. At that price he stays a pat.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans have apparently decided that they are going nowhere and it's being reported that they feel the Patriots might be interested in giving up some draft picks for wide receiver help. They have two wide receivers that will be free agents after 2020 and the Patriots might be able snag Will Fuller V and/or Brandin Cooks. Everyone knows that guys like this are one year rentals and the best a team might do is a 5th round pick but it's more likely that Fuller will get them a 7th and Cooks, who is only 27, with garner a 6th round pick. The Lions want to move Marvin Jones because he's FA next year.

Others that are reportedly on Block are Golden Tate, Dede Westbrook, Keelan Cole, AJ Green and Julio Jones.

BB has $32M available under the cap and can certainly use some help.

Another rumor today is that Tom Floes has decided that Tua Tagovailoa is the now and future Dolphins QB and Rya Fitzpatrick may be available before the trade deadline week after next.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans have apparently decided that they are going nowhere and it's being reported that they feel the Patriots might be interested in giving up some draft picks for wide receiver help. They have two wide receivers that will be free agents after 2020 and the Patriots might be able snag Will Fuller V and/or Brandin Cooks. Everyone knows that guys like this are one year rentals and the best a team might do is a 5th round pick but it's more likely that Fuller will get them a 7th and Cooks, who is only 27, with garner a 6th round pick. The Lions want to move Marvin Jones because he's FA next year.

Others that are reportedly on Block are Golden Tate, Dede Westbrook, Keelan Cole, AJ Green and Julio Jones.

BB has $32M available under the cap and can certainly use some help.

Another rumor today is that Tom Floes has decided that Tua Tagovailoa is the now and future Dolphins QB and Rya Fitzpatrick may be available before the trade deadline week after next.
Most probably don't remember this but we had another WR named Brandon Cooks that didn't work out too well. When he did try to make a play he would end up with a concussion. That guy would have been better off with a Florida team that might appreciate alligator arms.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the point of trying to upgrade WR’s if the QB “sucks” and there are “13 year old girls who are more accurate”. Stidham isn’t the answer. I know it’s only been limited action, but 7-17 for 74 yards 1 TD and 3 INT’s is atrocious.(career). I have no answer on how to make it better. Coach B has missed on almost every offensive skill player he’s picked in recent drafts. Michel..Harry and the 2 wasted TE’s who can’t beat out Izzo for playing time.(Keene has been hurt). But Michel and Harry have been two blown 1st round picks.

James White drafted one 14’ and Gronkowski in 10’ are the ONLY significant offensive skilled players Belichick has ever drafted. That’s just piss poor. Yes, he has gotten good players via trade but his drafting for offensive players is atrocious.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the point of trying to upgrade WR’s if the QB “sucks” and there are “13 year old girls who are more accurate”. Stidham isn’t the answer. I know it’s only been limited action, but 7-17 for 74 yards 1 TD and 3 INT’s is atrocious.(career). I have no answer on how to make it better. Coach B has missed on almost every offensive skill player he’s picked in recent drafts. Michel..Harry and the 2 wasted TE’s who can’t beat out Izzo for playing time.(Keene has been hurt). But Michel and Harry have been two blown 1st round picks.

James White drafted one 14’ and Gronkowski in 10’ are the ONLY significant offensive skilled players Belichick has ever drafted. That’s just piss poor. Yes, he has gotten good players via trade but his drafting for offensive players is atrocious.
I thought he drafted what's his name.. the guy who started at QB before Cam.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!
I guess one ok offensive pick in 20 years ain’t bad.
I could list a few more, but listing a few more furthers your case. I've said it before, BB swings for the fences and wiffs a lot. He does manage to field a winning team year after year... Yeah, that screaming QB guy helped a lot, but it was more than that.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look good. Obviously.
Stidham has had no chance.
TE's require development.
Harry? Shit I don't know.
Michel? Not looking good......

Just for argument. We won a Super Bowl on the legs of Michel. I think most fans would love to draft a RB and win a SB in his rookie year.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for argument. We won a Super Bowl on the legs of Michel. I think most fans would love to draft a RB and win a SB in his rookie year.
He did well in the 3 playoff games. Regular season was nothing to write home about. Barely 900 yards and 6 TD’s. 8 games with 50 or less yards. He’s average at best. I would hope for more on a 1st round pick.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, and we did the same with the second round WR in 2016 (forgot his name) who had a great playoff run and a great super bowl but never suited up again. It's not sustainable to draft one and done players...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR in 2016 (forgot his name) who had a great playoff run and a great super bow

Malcolm Mitchell. Tore his ACL and MCL and completely tore his meniscus. His knee could never heal properly. I heard that he has a permanent limp.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see BB giving up draft cooks for any of the aforementioned WRs. I love when we get rumors that can't be substantiated, so Houston decided the Pats need help at WR and now it's a rumor that we may give draft picks for their WRs. I am not sure its all on the WRs, we drafter Harry, Two TEs, and brought in a QB that may be suspect when it comes to touch and accuracy. I'd rather keep the picks

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see BB giving up draft cooks for any of the aforementioned WRs. I love when we get rumors that can't be substantiated, so Houston decided the Pats need help at WR and now it's a rumor that we may give draft picks for their WRs. I am not sure its all on the WRs, we drafter Harry, Two TEs, and brought in a QB that may be suspect when it comes to touch and accuracy. I'd rather keep the picks

Everyone is cleaning out their closet. Notice that none of these WR is a #1 or #2? They all have expiring contracts and teams aren't sure that they will even get compensatory pick in the 7th round. I'd rather keep all of the picks and tke Div.III WRs in the 6th and 7th round than spend a 6th or 7th on a guy that won't be here and lose the pick.

Note::::::::::::::CBS On line has predictions where their experts beliueve teams will be picking in the 2021 draft #1 is the Jets and they say they'll take Trevor Lawrence. They had better make some deals for offensive linemen to protect him because the guys they have ow sure in hell aren't protecting Sam Darnold.

They say the Patriots will be selecting 18th will take Alabama WR Smith.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is cleaning out their closet. Notice that none of these WR is a #1 or #2? They all have expiring contracts and teams aren't sure that they will even get compensatory pick in the 7th round. I'd rather keep all of the picks and tke Div.III WRs in the 6th and 7th round than spend a 6th or 7th on a guy that won't be here and lose the pick.

Note::::::::::::::CBS On line has predictions where their experts beliueve teams will be picking in the 2021 draft #1 is the Jets and they say they'll take Trevor Lawrence. They had better make some deals for offensive linemen to protect him because the guys they have ow sure in hell aren't protecting Sam Darnold.

They say the Patriots will be selecting 18th will take Alabama WR Smith.
I too was thinking the Pats will be drafting between fifteen and 20. There is a good chance they do not make the playoff's this year the AFCN is bound to get one WC slot, and I am unsure the Bills or Phins won't win the division. The Pats do not seem to have a lot of confidence in Stidham and I can't see Cam coming back. Based on the fact BB cannot draft WRs I have to question if QB or other position of need might be the way to go. BB needs to target FA WRs he just seems to miss the mark when drafting them.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note::::::::::::::CBS On line has predictions where their experts beliueve teams will be picking in the 2021 draft #1 is the Jets and they say they'll take Trevor Lawrence.
I think your secret contacts are starting to come through with a surprising nugget like that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots‘ wide receivers and tight ends might be the most criticized unit in the NFL in 2020. Because of the negativity that has been fired their way, you have to expect Julian Edelman and Co. will come out playing with a vengeance on Sunday.

All that said, the Patriots still really need help at the position. The team knows it, and that’s precisely why Bill Belichick had former Cincinnati Bengals receiver Damion Willis in for a workout.

Follow the Heavy on Patriots Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content!

Patriots Work Out Damion Willis

Willis, a former star at Troy University, came in with a handful of other players at different positions for the late-week workout.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots‘ wide receivers and tight ends might be the most criticized unit in the NFL in 2020. Because of the negativity that has been fired their way, you have to expect Julian Edelman and Co. will come out playing with a vengeance on Sunday.

All that said, the Patriots still really need help at the position. The team knows it, and that’s precisely why Bill Belichick had former Cincinnati Bengals receiver Damion Willis in for a workout.

Follow the Heavy on Patriots Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content!

Patriots Work Out Damion Willis

Willis, a former star at Troy University, came in with a handful of other players at different positions for the late-week workout.
Among the five was an OL named Nix who was All Pro with the Steelers in 2017.

I stopped looking at those lists because no one ever gets signed. I hate to be so negative, bu tit just seems that if any of these guys were any good, they'd be on a team under contract. At the very least on a Practice Squad. I'm sorry, I'm tired, just drove a couple hundred miles to watch a full Panthers practice with my grandson starting on the first team offense. 3 targets, 3 Catches all 15+ yards. (brag, brag, brag)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among the five was an OL named Nix who was All Pro with the Steelers in 2017.

I stopped looking at those lists because no one ever gets signed. I hate to be so negative, bu tit just seems that if any of these guys were any good, they'd be on a team under contract. At the very least on a Practice Squad. I'm sorry, I'm tired, just drove a couple hundred miles to watch a full Panthers practice with my grandson starting on the first team offense. 3 targets, 3 Catches all 15+ yards. (brag, brag, brag)
Which panthers?