• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only runner I see Bill possibly considering is JJ Taylor but I don't even see that happening. Let's keep the stable full because we're gonna need it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one official offer or name has been mentioned. Not one team has officially been mentioned.

Rumor from WBZ......................................Multiple team have been calling Bill Belichick since Sunday night trying to see if he will trade a running back.

Then comes all the speculation........................

Every runner has been asked about from Rex Burkhead to Damien Harris

Okay Hooplans..........will Bill make a deal?? Who do you think he deals if he does and what should he be looking to get in return? A functioning player or draft picks??
At this point, I say Michel.
He has potential but is often injured and had to have an undrafted RB show him his job may be in jeopardy in order for him to play well.
Send him packing for either a deep threat or a pick next year. Nobody is going to trade a serious deep threat to the Pats, so I lean more towards draft stock.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one official offer or name has been mentioned. Not one team has officially been mentioned.

Rumor from WBZ......................................Multiple team have been calling Bill Belichick since Sunday night trying to see if he will trade a running back.

Okay Hooplans..........will Bill make a deal?? Who do you think he deals if he does and what should he be looking to get in return? A functioning player or draft picks??
Nobody is trading anything serious for any running back. The only one getting one of our backs is someone BB owes a favor to or wants a favor from.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough question. I'd listen to any offer - and you know BB will. What are the offering for Sony Michel?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade a RB, they need a serviceable TE or WR. They have enough draft capital and that's not counting the comp picks they'll receive.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade a RB, they need a serviceable TE or WR. They have enough draft capital and that's not counting the comp picks they'll receive.
We don't needa tight end. They take time to develop. Do not underestimate our 2 rookies. Izzo is playing well and just coming into his own.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't needa tight end. They take time to develop. Do not underestimate our 2 rookies. Izzo is playing well and just coming into his own.....
Well I'm not too sure about that?

Asiasi nor Keene haven't done anything yet. Would like to get them on the field. I was hoping for good things from Asiasi.

Izzo I like but he has three catches on five targets through three games. That's not getting it done. Yes he's helped the run game.

Cam isn't the greatest passer, he needs another big bodied medium range target.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called one of my guys this morning and he says not to expect BB to do anything this week.
He says that the two names mentioned to him have been J.J. Taylor and Sony Michel.

Everyone says that RBs are as common as apples on a tree but with so many of the apples getting bruised
teams have had to turn to unripe fruit that in many cases need a lot of maturing. If you're 2-1 and think you're playoff
bound, having a good running back is a necessity. Necessities can cost a team quite a bit and if they are desperate,
even more.

This guy thinks that Sony will be featured this week and will be the piece that gets dealt. He says that BB will get
a player and depending on who or what that player is, he'll get a second or third round pick for Sony. He says
that Taylor is going to be another Dion Lewis or Kevin Faulk.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says
that Taylor is going to be another Dion Lewis or Kevin Faulk.
Another Danny Woodhead would be nice. That guy had amazing balance and could shift direction by moving an ankle. Add in that he had to be wrapped up because he would stay upright on any hit that didn't concuss him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game Michel has I can't see BB dealing him unless it's a sweet deal. And what has Harris really shown anybody he is IMO unproven so why give up a proven commodity for an unproven> Taylor is intriguing at this point but that is it, all the backs look good which IMO say's more about blocking schemes then it does individual accomplishments

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sh
After the game Michel has I can't see BB dealing him unless it's a sweet deal. And what has Harris really shown anybody he is IMO unproven so why give up a proven commodity for an unproven> Taylor is intriguing at this point but that is it, all the backs look good which IMO say's more about blocking schemes then it does individual accomplishments
You should tweet that so Sony can see 1 person out there thinks he's a proven commodity. I'm not down on him, I just see he's more on the promise side and less on the delivered side.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sh

You should tweet that so Sony can see 1 person out there thinks he's a proven commodity. I'm not down on him, I just see he's more on the promise side and less on the delivered side.
Did you watch last weeks game? He is very capable of breaking off big runs. Yes he has been hurt and in the past TB and Josh did not really use him well, This is a new offensive scheme, I can't see letting him go over Harris or Taylor unless some team is willing to give up a reasonable trade offer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch last weeks game? He is very capable of breaking off big runs. Yes he has been hurt and in the past TB and Josh did not really use him well, This is a new offensive scheme, I can't see letting him go over Harris or Taylor unless some team is willing to give up a reasonable trade offer.
I don't disagree with any of that. I'll go further to say spot on... A little more and I'm ready to move him from promising to proven.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would definitely need to be a reasonable trade.
The thing hurting NE is if they try stashing one of these guys on the practice squad they'll get snatched up.
Sony is and always has been a hit or miss. Kind of like Lewis. Have a great game and then nothing. Sony also doesn't have break away speed as seen on those long runs last week.
With the NE Oline and the offensive schemes any runner who doesn't dance in the backfield and can hit the hole, or make one vertical or lateral cut can do well.

Get Cam a decent big body WR or TE who can catch over the middle.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest problem is that he can't finish those runs. He breaks in the open on his own 25 and any DB can catch him before he gets to their 30. That and the lower part of his legs tend to give him problems. I can't argue that 112 yards on 7 carries isn't outstanding, but a needed player and a high draft pick can't be ignored.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest problem is that he can't finish those runs. He breaks in the open on his own 25 and any DB can catch him before he gets to their 30. That and the lower part of his legs tend to give him problems. I can't argue that 112 yards on 7 carries isn't outstanding, but a needed player and a high draft pick can't be ignored.
I agree he does seem slow after the initial burst, he does get run down, but other teams will note that too so not sure why they would be interested.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he does seem slow after the initial burst, he does get run down, but other teams will note that too so not sure why they would be interested.
The truth would be that another team just don't have anyone after their feature back goes down. If your the coach of a 2-1 team and you don't have anyone close to what you could consider a serviceable RB, Michel might be the guy. Let's say you have a roster stocked with OL and three top notch centers, why not offer your backup center and third round pick to possibly make it to the playoffs.

Two reasons................Fan interest and support and most important>>>>>>>>>>>>Job Security<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth would be that another team just don't have anyone after their feature back goes down. If your the coach of a 2-1 team and you don't have anyone close to what you could consider a serviceable RB, Michel might be the guy. Let's say you have a roster stocked with OL and three top notch centers, why not offer your backup center and third round pick to possibly make it to the playoffs.

Two reasons................Fan interest and support and most important>>>>>>>>>>>>Job Security<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I'm aqll ears about trading Michel.
I have no interest in trading him for a backup center and a 3rd rounder.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aqll ears about trading Michel.
I have no interest in trading him for a backup center and a 3rd rounder.....
I'll take an early second at this point, for no other reason than we are stacked at RB. Gives Bill ammo to trade back into the first.
I'm seeing deep threat, TE, LB or DE as the 1st round needs next year. be nice to have 2.