• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are reportedly in talks with the Cardinals and Saints about picking up two bargain basement WRs

Hakeem Butler, Arizona Cardinals
GettyImages-1266813081.jpg

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - AUGUST 17: Wide receiver Hakeem Butler #18 of the Arizona Cardinals makes a reception during a NFL team training camp at University of State Farm Stadium on August 17, 2020 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
A fourth-round pick out of Iowa State last spring, Butler would add yet another bully-ball mentality to the Patriots offense. At 6-foot-6, 225 pounds, he clearly enjoys the more physical elements of the game.

A jump-ball and red zone receiver, he'd give the Patriots more size and strength to compete in a division loaded with big defensive backs. While he's not exactly nimble and doesn't have the softest hands, you can't count him out of any 50/50 ball. Mostly an outside receiver, he played some slot in college similar to N'Keal Harry.

After not playing his rookie year due to a broken hand, he seems to be the odd man out after the Cardinals acquired DeAndre Hopkins this offseason. Multiple roster projections from Arizona media have him off the final 53. Valued as a possible second round pick just 16 months ago, it wouldn't be surprising to see Belichick ship out a conditional day three pick to kick the tires.

Austin Carr, New Orleans Saints
GettyImages-1162581696-e1599096984924.jpg

CARSON, CA - AUGUST 18: Austin Carr #80 of the New Orleans Saints scores a touchdown against Los Angeles Chargers during the second half of their pre season football game at Dignity Health Sports Park on August 18, 2019 in Carson, California. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
This name should sound familiar to Patriots fans. Carr was the story of Pats Camp in 2017, but ultimately failed to make the team because it was back when the Patriots had actual wide receiver depth (Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Malcolm Mitchell, etc.).

The Saints scooped him up, and he's hung around New Orleans since in a reserve role. After the team added Emmanuel Sanders and Lil'Jordan Humphrey this spring, it was clear Carr would need to make a bigger impression in camp in 2020, something he failed to do. It's likely he'll be looking for a new job this weekend.

Familiarity shouldn't be counted out in a season like this. He has a basic knowledge of the Patriots system and the team has an understanding of what he can bring to the table. Belichick is known to bring back players for second chances, and Carr fits the bill.

Look, is this bargain basement shopping? More or less, yeah. But that's the reality of the Patriots situation. Other teams aren't going to be giving away quality receiver talent at this time of year. Right now, the paths to having a reliable receiver line up opposite Julian Edelman are slim. N'Keal Harry is a possibility, but there are question marks. If he can't make the year two jump, the Patriots would be well-served giving themselves as many alternative options as possible.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jadeveon Clowney has fired his agent for the second time.

Apparently the Titans offer wasn't good enough and Sean Peyton of the Saints told him he wasn't worth what he is asking so Clowney decided to fire his agent.

Does this idiot realize that today is the day that teams are cutting players to get to a 53 man roster and that most of them have spent all of their cap money???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are interesting.
I'm reluctant to sign another tall slow receiver who can't catch.

Austin Carr should have made the team in 2017. We had a loaded tem and he sustained an injury just prior to cuts.
I have not followed him in the NFC (Non Football Conference)
Still interested. I liked his play.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jadeveon Clowney has fired his agent for the second time.

Apparently the Titans offer wasn't good enough and Sean Peyton of the Saints told him he wasn't worth what he is asking so Clowney decided to fire his agent.

Does this idiot realize that today is the day that teams are cutting players to get to a 53 man roster and that most of them have spent all of their cap money???
He probably fired the agent after failing to set a reasonable expectation and not meeting the expectation set. Agents are a lot like lawyers that they set an expectation as a sales tactic. I don't think Clowney is an idiot but instead a bit delusional. He thinks he's getting a contract on promise, like his initial drafting was based on promise, but unlike then, he's proven he fails to deliver on his promise.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are interesting.
You are reluctant to sign a receiver who can't catch? Think that's a unique position? Ha :)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably fired the agent after failing to set a reasonable expectation and not meeting the expectation set. Agents are a lot like lawyers that they set an expectation as a sales tactic. I don't think Clowney is an idiot but instead a bit delusional. He thinks he's getting a contract on promise, like his initial drafting was based on promise, but unlike then, he's proven he fails to deliver on his promise.

NFL Network is reporting right now that both the Titans and Saints have made Clowney contract offers. Odd isn't it that two teams that have told him that he's not worth $20M a year are trying to get him to sign a contract for what $4M or $5M less??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are interesting.

Cardinals released Hakeem Butler and the Saints held on to Austin Carr.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to confirm this. I've called several people and they're unaware but if they can get anything we'll know by breakfast.

Patriots have contacted the Bears about Allen Robinson WR 6'3" 210 7 year veteran who wants a contract extension and the Bears refused to talk until the season is over. He'd be a perfect piece to solidify the receiving corp.

It doesn't mean that the Bears would trade him and they'll probably want a second round draft pick which might make BB or Caserio pull up.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to confirm this. I've called several people and they're unaware but if they can get anything we'll know by breakfast.

Patriots have contacted the Bears about Allen Robinson WR 6'3" 210 7 year veteran who wants a contract extension and the Bears refused to talk until the season is over. He'd be a perfect piece to solidify the receiving corp.

It doesn't mean that the Bears would trade him and they'll probably want a second round draft pick which might make BB or Caserio pull up.
What could go wrong trading a second round pick for a WR?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like deja vu

But id I'm NE I make the trade even if it costs a second rounder.

First if you listen to all the naysayers this years draft will be a total crap shoot.

Second giving NE a threat like Robinson just helps open up even more lanes for Cam and the RBs to run through. I like having a mobile QB but he needs to get down and avoid contact as much as possible. He took a couple good shots on Sunday.

Granted it was Cam and the Pats first game they played well but looked sluggish on offense. The D is fine. Strengthen that O and NE could be a serious contender,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I could get was that everyone else was trying to figure out what exactly going on. So far.....

The Brown have contacted BB about OBJ. They are looking to deal him but from all indications, they expect to get a first. BB said "No thank you."Other than that, there is nothing but pure speculation and the one seems most reasonable is this. "BB Countered offering a fourth."

No one has anything solid on Allen Robinson. One guy I talked to said that he knows a guy in Chicago and the Bears are trying like hell to calm him down and he's just getting more pissed off. No one seems to know what he's asking for outside of the Bears people and they ain't sayin'. He says that he believes if any team offers a second pick for him that the Bears will jump.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I could get was that everyone else was trying to figure out what exactly going on. So far.....

The Brown have contacted BB about OBJ. They are looking to deal him but from all indications, they expect to get a first. BB said "No thank you."Other than that, there is nothing but pure speculation and the one seems most reasonable is this. "BB Countered offering a fourth."

No one has anything solid on Allen Robinson. One guy I talked to said that he knows a guy in Chicago and the Bears are trying like hell to calm him down and he's just getting more pissed off. No one seems to know what he's asking for outside of the Bears people and they ain't sayin'. He says that he believes if any team offers a second pick for him that the Bears will jump.
Can we give them a 2041 first?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can easily pass on OBJ Over-hyped, Belligerent, Juvenile. Honestly a few amazing catches and the hype wagon started, if he is so damn good what has he done to help Cleveland, I feel Landry was better off with out him. Not to mention the dramatics I can easily pass.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Robinson rumor is starting to get picked up all over the NE media. He's making $10.9M and this is his final year. Patriots have $42M in open cap space and because Robinson is in his final year, the price on him is starting to drop already. Seems kind dumb that the Bears won't even discuss anything with him and are basically forcing him to say that he's walking and will go FA in 2021. If the Bears want to move him and get rid of the tweets and the headache, they'd be smart to move now and get something for him. Under these conditions, a third round pick would be a bonus. If they wait too long, they'll be lucky to get a 7th. I think the Pats might be willing to give up Olzwenski and a 7th or even a 6th.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Robinson rumor is starting to get picked up all over the NE media. He's making $10.9M and this is his final year. Patriots have $42M in open cap space and because Robinson is in his final year, the price on him is starting to drop already. Seems kind dumb that the Bears won't even discuss anything with him and are basically forcing him to say that he's walking and will go FA in 2021. If the Bears want to move him and get rid of the tweets and the headache, they'd be smart to move now and get something for him. Under these conditions, a third round pick would be a bonus. If they wait too long, they'll be lucky to get a 7th. I think the Pats might be willing to give up Olzwenski and a 7th or even a 6th.
Come on BK, at this point based on proven production most teams wouldn't trade a hot dog vendor for Gunner.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Bears got more than one call about Robinson and decided to quiet his tantrum. He got twittwr yesterday and said he woud be with the Bears for the remainder of the season. That ends that......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one official offer or name has been mentioned. Not one team has officially been mentioned.

Rumor from WBZ......................................Multiple team have been calling Bill Belichick since Sunday night trying to see if he will trade a running back.

Then comes all the speculation........................

Every runner has been asked about from Rex Burkhead to Damien Harris

Okay Hooplans..........will Bill make a deal?? Who do you think he deals if he does and what should he be looking to get in return? A functioning player or draft picks??