• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears released Trey Burton. What are the odds NE can sign him?

He's coming of an injury and a hip surgery?

Undersized as a TE but one of those versatile guys BB likes. He saw time at quarterback, fullback, tight end and wide receiver. Projected more as an H-Back. How did he block in the Bears line up?

NE could possibly get him on the cheap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB only has $1.1M of Cap space so he'd have to be willing to come at the Vet min.. Then again, guys who want to stay in the league and qualify for the retirement benefits will play cheap. Sometimes they get a Super Bowl Ring that they pawn, like Ricky Sanders (2001). His ring can be seen weekly at the beginning, opening credits of Pawn Stars.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB only has $1.1M of Cap space so he'd have to be willing to come at the Vet min.. Then again, guys who want to stay in the league and qualify for the retirement benefits will play cheap. Sometimes they get a Super Bowl Ring that they pawn, like Ricky Sanders (2001). His ring can be seen weekly at the beginning, opening credits of Pawn Stars.

There is still time to redo a contract or two if need be? Also potential of cuts?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're six days from the start of the 2020 NFL Draft and the rumors are starting to bubble up. Right now, it's the Thuney rumors......

1. Thuney and fourth round pick #125 would go to the Cleveland Browns and the Patriots would get seond round pick #47 and third round pick #97. The brown attempted to sign Thuney during free agency but Thuney was Frandhised by the Patriots.

2. Thuney would go to the Dolphins for second round pick #39 and two 5th round picks #153 and #154.

3. Thuney, #23 and third round pick #87 to the Lions for pick #3. The Patriots would then send the pick to Indianapolis for two seconds #34 and #44, a third #75 and Indy's first round pick in 2021. Indy is in the QB hunt and wants Hebert or Love.

Like all rumors, they get a ton of talk and nothing will be done until Detroit is on the clock.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some of the trades for those 1-4 spots, it sure sounds like it would take a lot more than Thuney our #23 and #87. But ya never know......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some of the trades for those 1-4 spots, it sure sounds like it would take a lot more than Thuney our #23 and #87. But ya never know......

The problem is that the media is so bored because there is nothing to write or talk about, that they call others in different cities and I swear they create this stuff to get the fans interested enough to watch and listen to them.

They couldn't get the ball rolling with a Gilmore trade so now it's Thuney.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this one last night on 98.5 the Sports Hub.

The Patriots and Bucs have had a couple of sessions discussing OJ Howard. Supposedly the Buccaneers are offering him to the highest bidder .... picks and/or player(s).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this one last night on 98.5 the Sports Hub.

The Patriots and Bucs have had a couple of sessions discussing OJ Howard. Supposedly the Buccaneers are offering him to the highest bidder .... picks and/or player(s).

Send them Gronk. I'd hate to see him in another uniform but I want a quality TE.

Worse would be having him play against NE. But what are the chances he'd be healthy on game day anyway?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're six days from the start of the 2020 NFL Draft and the rumors are starting to bubble up. Right now, it's the Thuney rumors......

1. Thuney and fourth round pick #125 would go to the Cleveland Browns and the Patriots would get seond round pick #47 and third round pick #97. The brown attempted to sign Thuney during free agency but Thuney was Frandhised by the Patriots.

2. Thuney would go to the Dolphins for second round pick #39 and two 5th round picks #153 and #154.

3. Thuney, #23 and third round pick #87 to the Lions for pick #3. The Patriots would then send the pick to Indianapolis for two seconds #34 and #44, a third #75 and Indy's first round pick in 2021. Indy is in the QB hunt and wants Hebert or Love.

Like all rumors, they get a ton of talk and nothing will be done until Detroit is on the clock.

Option 3.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send them Gronk. I'd hate to see him in another uniform but I want a quality TE.

Worse would be having him play against NE. But what are the chances he'd be healthy on game day anyway?

With his shenanigans of I'll let you know...maybe...I'm still undecided, I want to play, he fucked BB, RK and all pats fans with his diva joking spotlight whoring games.
Fuck him.
He ever wants to play again its for the Pats or a first round pick.
And Fuck TB too if he is pushing for Gronk.
They both held pats fans and the media hostage with their "Indecision".
Fuck them.
They are both the greatest ever at their positions and I am glad they played for the Pats during their primes.
But as far as I am concerned, they torched the bridge.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his shenanigans of I'll let you know...maybe...I'm still undecided, I want to play, he fucked BB, RK and all pats fans with his diva joking spotlight whoring games.
Fuck him.
Fuck them.
They are both the greatest ever at their positions and I am glad they played for the Pats during their primes.
I disagree and hold no grudges toward Gronk for anything. How could you expect a fun-loving man-child be anything but?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him.
Fuck them.

So wait I missed something? TB now in TB is pushing for Gronk to join him in TB? Don't the Pats still own the rights to Gronk? Wouldn't there have to be compensation? And wouldn't Gronk need to eat something>?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody’s pushing anyone anywhere. It’s all BS media speculation. Gronk isn’t coming back he’s happy being a rassler.

The Pats would pretty much be screwed on getting any compensation for him if he did decide he wanted to come back at this point, though, without some next level cap maneuvering by Bill.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody’s pushing anyone anywhere. It’s all BS media speculation. Gronk isn’t coming back he’s happy being a rassler.

The Pats would pretty much be screwed on getting any compensation for him if he did decide he wanted to come back at this point, though, without some next level cap maneuvering by Bill.

Sadly, it's more than speculation. It appears that Brady has been one busy boy since he signed with the Bucs. He'd like to get back with Ab and now CBS is trying to to more on Gronk going to the Bucs. He'd be a $9.5M cap hit for the Patriots and has one year left on his contract. The pats would have to cut him or trade him. Oddly, the Bucs started offering OJ Howard a couple of days after the rumor started.

Rob Gronkowski to reunite with Tom Brady in Tampa? Gronk responds to rumor that he wants to join Buccaneers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, it's more than speculation. It appears that Brady has been one busy boy since he signed with the Bucs. He'd like to get back with Ab and now CBS is trying to to more on Gronk going to the Bucs. He'd be a $9.5M cap hit for the Patriots and has one year left on his contract. The pats would have to cut him or trade him. Oddly, the Bucs started offering OJ Howard a couple of days after the rumor started.

Rob Gronkowski to reunite with Tom Brady in Tampa? Gronk responds to rumor that he wants to join Buccaneers
So if they wanted Gronk they would have to deal with the Pats so there would be comp

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gronk wanted to come back there would be immediate cap jail for the Pats. Theoretically they could maybe trade him but there’d really be no motivation for Tampa to give them anything because the Pats would otherwise have to either immediately cut him or find $8M+ in space to comply with the cap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Gronk wanted to come back there would be immediate cap jail for the Pats. Theoretically they could maybe trade him but there’d really be no motivation for Tampa to give them anything because the Pats would otherwise have to either immediately cut him or find $8M+ in space to comply with the cap.

There are 30 other teams that would stand in line for him. He's the best TE ever in the NFL. Size, speed, smarts and hands. I could easily see the Saints, 49ers, Bears and the Lions speed dialing BB for a shot at him. No one would sit idly by waiting.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the 49ers, they have #13 and #31 in the draft and have offered the #13. Supposedly, BB has had a couple of conversations with Lynch. To move up to #13 would cost BB at least one testicle. The Boston media is getting a groin blood rush and every talking head is saying Tua, Tua, Tua. I hope it's all bullshit. I don't think Tua is the answer and the cost is way too high.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 30 other teams that would stand in line for him. He's the best TE ever in the NFL. Size, speed, smarts and hands. I could easily see the Saints, 49ers, Bears and the Lions speed dialing BB for a shot at him. No one would sit idly by waiting.
Except according to all the speculation he would only come back to play with Brady. If you’re buying into the speculation, you need to buy into all of it.

Not to mention the impossible logistics of trying to negotiate with 31 teams in one day.