• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEN I AM BEGGING YOU TO PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION ABOUT THE CAP IMPLICATIONS OF TRADING THESE PLAYERS!

Trading Gilmore gives the Pats less than $3.5M in cap space. I have told you repeatedly that there is no great cap windfall to be had by moving Gilmore. The mediots are telling you they will get 16-18M dollars. They are WRONG!

Trading Edelman would cost them about $1M in space (i.e., it will be WORSE for the Patriots salary cap if JE is on another team in 2020).

Hightower would be the one significant savings because he is in the last year of his deal. Moving him would net just under $10M in space.

I don't know if it's so much BK spreading misinformation as it could be a choice of words. Words have meanings for a reason.

This is what he said and what I think he has paraphrased from others: "If Belichick decided to go into an all-out rebuild, these guys would open a ton of cap space and certainly add to the Patriots twelve 2020 draft picks."

Taken at face value only, HT really would be a cap saving. But if you look at it in the collective, all three do make a significant decrease in the current NE cap? No I don't think it would be financially wise to trade JE11. But if it was part of completing a package deal and BB felt what he was getting in retrun was an improvement for the future (something like MIAs couple late 1st rounders) then I may be tempted.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Hey maybe they can cut the whole team and start over with a bunch of DIII walkons. That would save a ton of cap space. I think I overheard Gary Tanguay talking about them doing it at the Kowloon over dinner last night. If you have a problem with my info, call Andy Wong and complain.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's so much BK spreading misinformation as it could be a choice of words. Words have meanings for a reason.

This is what he said and what I think he has paraphrased from others: "If Belichick decided to go into an all-out rebuild, these guys would open a ton of cap space and certainly add to the Patriots twelve 2020 draft picks."

Taken at face value only, HT really would be a cap saving. But if you look at it in the collective, all three do make a significant decrease in the current NE cap? No I don't think it would be financially wise to trade JE11. But if it was part of completing a package deal and BB felt what he was getting in retrun was an improvement for the future (something like MIAs couple late 1st rounders) then I may be tempted.

I just used Miami as an example. I don't want BB trading within the division. OK Bolden yes you can send him anywhere. NE has plenty of ST players. Almost everyone BB has picked up thru FA is a ST player. Please please let this be the year he releases Bolden. I believe he would be a 500k dead cap hit. I'm ok with that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Hey maybe they can cut the whole team and start over with a bunch of DIII walkons. That would save a ton of cap space. I think I overheard Gary Tanguay talking about them doing it at the Kowloon over dinner last night. If you have a problem with my info, call Andy Wong and complain.

Now that's misinformation.

1. Gary Tanguay hasn't been out of his house for over a month. He's still recovering from cancer that took him off the air for more than three months in 2019.

2. The Kowloon is closed.

You're not in the least bit funny. You better get used to this. COVID-19 is not just going to go away. Plan on being stuck inside until June at the very least. Getting pissed off and going after other posters tends to make people ignore you.......Coming to the Hoop allows for the distraction and change from watching a movie for the third time or binging West Wing for a week. It appears that the media has decided to try to keep viewers tuned in at any cost.

Example: Phil Perry gave his latest Patriots 2.0 mock draft on Boston Sports Tonight last night.
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-mock-draft-20

He thinks the Patriots will trade the #23 for a later pick in the first round and a second round pick.

#27 (SEA) Josh Jones OT HOU
#57 (SEA) Cole Kmet TE ND
#87 Malik Harrison LB OH ST
#98 Van Jefferson WR FLA
#100 Leki Fotu DL UTAH
#125 Devin Asiasi TE UCLA
#172 Geno Stone S IOWA
#195 Javelin Guidry DB UTAH
#204 Derrek Tuszka ILB IOWA ST
#212 Cole McDonald QB HAWAII
#213 Dante Olson LB MONTANA
#230 Essang Bassey CB WAKE FOREST
#241 Manesah Bailey WR MORGAN STATE

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Perry is correct, I'll happily take the first seven picks and hope that there's a diamond in the rough in the final six.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's misinformation.

1. Gary Tanguay hasn't been out of his house for over a month. He's still recovering from cancer that took him off the air for more than three months in 2019.

2. The Kowloon is closed.

You're not in the least bit funny. You better get used to this. COVID-19 is not just going to go away. Plan on being stuck inside until June at the very least. Getting pissed off and going after other posters tends to make people ignore you.......Coming to the Hoop allows for the distraction and change from watching a movie for the third time or binging West Wing for a week. It appears that the media has decided to try to keep viewers tuned in at any cost.

Example: Phil Perry gave his latest Patriots 2.0 mock draft on Boston Sports Tonight last night.
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-mock-draft-20

He thinks the Patriots will trade the #23 for a later pick in the first round and a second round pick.

#27 (SEA) Josh Jones OT HOU
#57 (SEA) Cole Kmet TE ND
#87 Malik Harrison LB OH ST
#98 Van Jefferson WR FLA
#100 Leki Fotu DL UTAH
#125 Devin Asiasi TE UCLA
#172 Geno Stone S IOWA
#195 Javelin Guidry DB UTAH
#204 Derrek Tuszka ILB IOWA ST
#212 Cole McDonald QB HAWAII
#213 Dante Olson LB MONTANA
#230 Essang Bassey CB WAKE FOREST
#241 Manesah Bailey WR MORGAN STATE
It’s a rumor and I gave a source, ergo it’s legitimate to discuss. If you don’t like my posts ignore them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the information and the disinformation.
I even like the hissy-fits.
Really dislike not being able to watch the hair-pulling etc.

giphy.gif

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing he was thinking of the other famous Chinese joint on Route 1 (Weylu). Or maybe he’s just starting rumors idk.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing he was thinking of the other famous Chinese joint on Route 1 (Weylu). Or maybe he’s just starting rumors idk.

You can't eat in. It's closed.

Signs on the doors say CLOSED.

Every restaurant may be providing delivery, but the fuckin' building is closed to the public.

If you consider it open, so be it.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should probably tell all those people lined up to go inside the fuckin’ building and pick up their food then, eh?

If employees are there making food and people are going there to get food, yeah I’d say it’s safe to consider that open.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not 100% sure because his mouth was full of Saugus wings, but I think Marshall Hook said the Pats were discussing trading their entire draft this year and next to Detroit for Matthew Stafford and the #3 pick and then they would take Tua at 3 and switch to a 2 QB offense.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should probably tell all those people lined up to go inside the fuckin’ building and pick up their food then, eh?

If employees are there making food and people are going there to get food, yeah I’d say it’s safe to consider that open.
This started when someone said Tanguay was eating at the Kowloon. If it's open for take out then Tanguay was not eating inside. Rumor squelched.

We all get lost finding the meaning by parsing every word in every line rather than the intent of posts.

The funniest part is the rumor that started this was (i believe) a joke rumor and not an actual rumor.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not 100% sure because his mouth was full of Saugus wings, but I think Marshall Hook said the Pats were discussing trading their entire draft this year and next to Detroit for Matthew Stafford and the #3 pick and then they would take Tua at 3 and switch to a 2 QB offense.

I used to live near Saugus. I don't remember any Saugus wings there.....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This started when someone said Tanguay was eating at the Kowloon. If it's open for take out then Tanguay was not eating inside. Rumor squelched.

We all get lost finding the meaning by parsing every word in every line rather than the intent of posts.

The funniest part is the rumor that started this was (i believe) a joke rumor and not an actual rumor.
Actually it started when someone said It doesn’t matter if there’s factually incorrect information in a rumor as long as you can attribute the inaccuracy to someone else.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it started when someone said It doesn’t matter if there’s factually incorrect information in a rumor as long as you can attribute the inaccuracy to someone else.
It started when the Kowloon was mentioned, then the tangent went into a "is it open or not" direction, but if you want to be 100% accurate it started went BK opened the thread.