• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots were supposedly having some very quiet talks with Eric Ebron and they were going very well until the Colts signed Philip Rivers. Rivers supposedly asked the Colts to get him back and you know what happens when there's more than one suiter. His price probably went over $5M and the Pats had to walk away.

There's some talk that BB has been in touch with Tyler Eifert and Jordan Reed. Seems that every TE on the market thinks that every team who needs a TE will open the wallet and Bill won't do that for middle of the road guys. That brings us to Geoff Swaim. 6'4" 260 played four years behind Whitten in Dallas and played last year in Jacksonville. He can catch the ball but he's the guy that protects the outside of the offensive line when the QB has to wait 4 or 5 seconds for downfield Drag Routes to develop and open up. He's a top notch blocker and often gets completely ignored by the defense and ends up being a safety relief valve. Swaim will cost $1M or less and could be a signing. One other positive is that he's only 26.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eifert or Reed could be nice gets if they could stay healthy. Huge if for both though. Especially Reed...dude should really retire after so many concussions.

Ebron underwhelms me. He’s got some skills but he’s also a drop machine who thinks he’s way better than he is.

Nick Vannett would be my top choice on the FA market.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would feel about.....Blake Bortles ??

Just heard that the Patriots are talking or have been talking to him.

BB has also had a conversation with the agent of a QB that no one wants : Jameis Winston.

I think I'd rather see Bortles in a Patriot uniform. Winston has immense talent but just can't control it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2h ago
Could Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman join Tom Brady in Tampa Bay?
Written By Austin Anderson
@A_Anderson44

Tom Brady is a Buccaneer, which makes sense only because right now nothing makes sense.

As wild as it is for fans to come to terms with seeing Brady in a Bucs jersey (preferably the creamsicle throwbacks), it's presumably nothing compared to how Julian Edelman is feeling. The Patriots' veteran wide receiver has played his entire nine-year with Brady, and some recent social media activity suggests he wants that to continue.

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) March 19, 2020
Edelman "liked" a tweet from Hall-of-Famer Deion Sanders that claimed Brady playing without Edelman is like "(Michael) Jordan without Scottie Pippen, peanut butter without the jelly and Ice Tea without Sugar." Edelman's account has since unliked the tweet, but it's still easy to wonder if he has any desire to remain teammates with Brady.

MORE: How the Buccaneers became Tom Brady's best fit

The direction the Patriots are headed is unclear. In typical fashion, they let key players like linebackers Kyle Van Noy and Jamie Collins sign big-money contracts elsewhere in 2020. Safety Devin McCourty and guard Joe Thuney are back, so maybe New England is loading up to remain a contender. It all seems to depend on who lines up under center.

Edelman, who will be 34 in May, could be on the move if the Patriots want to get younger. Bill Belichick has a known preference for moving on from players a year early rather than a year too late, and Edelman is coming off a productive season with 100 catches and 1,117 yards. Of course, the Patriots wide receiving corps was already a weak spot in 2019, and trading Edelman won't help that if they're trying to contend for a Super Bowl in 2020.

2020 mock draft: Bucs get more support for Brady at No. 13

Brady will be in a new team's system for the first time in his career. In addition to the familiarity of a former teammate, Edelman in Tampa would give Brady an elite trio with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. The Pats could get a mid-round pick (Tampa Bay has picks No. 76, 117 and 139) in a draft with great depth at wide receiver. A potential trade seems to make sense for both sides.

Edelman posted a video thanking Brady with Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" as the background music.

#ThankYouTom @TomBrady pic.twitter.com/mQtAWMXTlQ

— Julian Edelman (@Edelman11) March 17, 2020
The NFL is a business, but it still doesn't feel right for these two to play on different teams. If the Pats or Bucs call each other, maybe that won't be the case.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-20_17-9-18.gif
    upload_2020-3-20_17-9-18.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mediots read waaaay too much into athletes’ social media.

Unless JE’s contract can be re-worked to alleviate any negative ramifications to the Pats’ salary cap, he’s going to have to learn to live without TB.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman stays in NE IMO. The Pats will need him more than ever to get the new QB feeling comfortable. I also wonder if JE feels like he can now prove it wasn't just Brady making him great. JE is a Belichick guy through and through.

No to Bortles. No to Winston. Though if I had to choose one I guess I'd go with Winston. It's either going to be Stidham or the Pats are going to make some spectacular trade that nobody saw coming IMO.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would feel about.....Blake Bortles ??

Just heard that the Patriots are talking or have been talking to him.

BB has also had a conversation with the agent of a QB that no one wants : Jameis Winston.

I think I'd rather see Bortles in a Patriot uniform. Winston has immense talent but just can't control it.
Hell no to Winston

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we can win the division with Stidham and/or Kessler. Might be painful but we can get it done.
Stidham never had a chance with brady here and healthy.
I saw a lot in Kessler before the then miserable Browns ruined him. Can he get a do over?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that GB Fullback is the kid I am thinking of they are gonna love him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beat reporters are getting pissed because Bill's been so quiet.

My gut tells me that he's made several deals with players and everything is being kept quiet for a reason that will never be explained. The Patriots don't have a ton of money to play wit. Bill has historically waited for the big money to get spent and then get guys for reasonable cash who couldn't get the mega millions payouts.

Heard lat night that Pats and Wolfe were very close. Alo heard that BB Has backed away from Andy Dalton and the Bengals are desperately trying to get a second or third round pick. Teams ain't gonna pasy that for him because they know that the Bengals will have to sell cheap or cut him.

Patriots are talking with OT Cordy Glenn CIN.

Patriots have supposedly made an offer to Alec Ogltree ILB NYG

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that GB Fullback is the kid I am thinking of they are gonna love him

“In a non-disrespectful way, he’s surprised all of us with his athleticism,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told reporters last summer of Vitale, who’s listed at 6 feet, 239 pounds. “You look at him sometimes, you think, meathead, weight-room guy. But you realize he can run, he can catch, he can read coverages.”

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“In a non-disrespectful way, he’s surprised all of us with his athleticism,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told reporters last summer of Vitale, who’s listed at 6 feet, 239 pounds. “You look at him sometimes, you think, meathead, weight-room guy. But you realize he can run, he can catch, he can read coverages.”

Thanks AR. The guy has 15 catches in 44 games. He does have a high catch percentage but hey when you go 4 for 5 in a season or 3 for 5 numbers look good. He also went 1-2 and 7-12.
If he can block like Develin NE will be ok.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one sucks.............being discussed on both WEEI 93.7 FM and 98.5 FM The Sports Hub are discussing it today. The Patriots are now $1M under the cap. Belichick has taken phone calls in regards to Stephon Gilmore. The Rams traded two firsts and a third for Jaylen Ramsey. It's believed that he can get possibly two firsts and two seconds for the NFL Defensive Player of the year and clear $16.5M from the cap this year. He is also considering moving Marcus Cannon and may have a partner in the Dolphins or the Lions. That would clear $6M and possibly get a third or a fourth rounder and a 7th.

If he could open up $20-$22M BB could pick up a couple of guys to fill some other needs.

If Gilmore goes the patriots have JC Jackson, Johnathan Jones, Jujuan Williams and Jason McCourty. He'd most likely try to sign Logan Ryan, Daryl Worley or possibly Aqib Talib. Outside possibility that he might look at Prince Amukamara.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything's on the table as it should be.
Many did not like moving Cooks but he is looking for a team again.....

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could get 2 1st round picks for a soon to be 30 year old DB..... I’m down. I know he has been elite the last few years. But I’d do it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything's on the table as it should be.
Many did not like moving Cooks but he is looking for a team again.....

If Cooks knew how to fight for the ball, he would still be a Patriot. Or, the Saints would have never let him go.

Just ask Jason McCourty.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one sucks.............being discussed on both WEEI 93.7 FM and 98.5 FM The Sports Hub are discussing it today. The Patriots are now $1M under the cap. Belichick has taken phone calls in regards to Stephon Gilmore. The Rams traded two firsts and a third for Jaylen Ramsey. It's believed that he can get possibly two firsts and two seconds for the NFL Defensive Player of the year and clear $16.5M from the cap this year. He is also considering moving Marcus Cannon and may have a partner in the Dolphins or the Lions. That would clear $6M and possibly get a third or a fourth rounder and a 7th.

If he could open up $20-$22M BB could pick up a couple of guys to fill some other needs.

If Gilmore goes the patriots have JC Jackson, Johnathan Jones, Jujuan Williams and Jason McCourty. He'd most likely try to sign Logan Ryan, Daryl Worley or possibly Aqib Talib. Outside possibility that he might look at Prince Amukamara.

I would say that kind of compensation is coming from the Patriots side of things. Big differences between Ramsey and Gilmore. Age and contract being the two biggest. If they could get a single 1st round pick I would think they make the move.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that kind of compensation is coming from the Patriots side of things. Big differences between Ramsey and Gilmore. Age and contract being the two biggest. If they could get a single 1st round pick I would think they make the move.

CD, I appreciate your input. BUT...Big BUT.

We all know that you're a Bronco fan. We all know that the last thing that any Bronco fan wants to see, is a successful deal, draft or signing by the Patriots.

Please notice your response to a "RUMOR".......

"I would say"
"I would think"

They are your negative opinions to a rumor being discussed in Boston that you have no first hand knowledge. "I" think that you're expressing your "hopes" of what will happen and nothing more.

The Pats are going through a pretty rough stretch. We Pats fans know that other fans are ecstatic and we know you are hoping for the worst. Unless you have something to add from your insider knowledge, be like the rest of us and wait until something happens. OR express why you think this is a good trade or a bad trade.

Just sayin'. Bein' coop'd up is aggrvatin' me.