• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but the one thing I do like and I feel Brady needs is a WR that goes up and fights for the ball. OBJ as much as I dislike him does that.
.... or they can find a receiver who can get open so they can just play pitch and catch.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UP here in New England there seems to be more and more positive Stidham stats and news being tossed about.

If I had to guess, the patriots may be starting to play some mind games with Brady. There's also been alot of film clips from Stidham's preseason games last year.

Linda Rissender of ESPN reported yesterday that the teams interested in Tom Brady had dwindled. Most of the teams that were originally interested have dropped out after considering what would happen to their team if they were to sign him. The Patriots run a very complex system and the language is very different than many other teams. Teams are concerned about having to make Brady change or changing their system to suit Brady.

She says that the number of interested teams remaining are the Titans, Bucs, Raiders and 49ers. If Brady signs with the Titans, the Bucs will sign Tannehill and the raiders and 49ers will do nothing. That leaves Teddy Bridgewater looking for a place to play and he won't be able to ask for $20M a year.

One interesting tidbit that was floating around last night is that Tannehill says he might not go back to the Titans. If they're holding back trying to get Brady and fail, he might sign with another team since Vrabel doesn't want him. The Titans' owner is upset. All supposedly through reliable sources, but in this day and age, my mother is as reliable as these reports.

Sorry, she passed away in 2000. Then again, she probably is more reliable than some of the sources.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UP here in New England there seems to be more and more positive Stidham stats and news being tossed about.

If I had to guess, the patriots may be starting to play some mind games with Brady. There's also been alot of film clips from Stidham's preseason games last year.

Linda Rissender of ESPN reported yesterday that the teams interested in Tom Brady had dwindled. Most of the teams that were originally interested have dropped out after considering what would happen to their team if they were to sign him. The Patriots run a very complex system and the language is very different than many other teams. Teams are concerned about having to make Brady change or changing their system to suit Brady.

She says that the number of interested teams remaining are the Titans, Bucs, Raiders and 49ers. If Brady signs with the Titans, the Bucs will sign Tannehill and the raiders and 49ers will do nothing. That leaves Teddy Bridgewater looking for a place to play and he won't be able to ask for $20M a year.

One interesting tidbit that was floating around last night is that Tannehill says he might not go back to the Titans. If they're holding back trying to get Brady and fail, he might sign with another team since Vrabel doesn't want him. The Titans' owner is upset. All supposedly through reliable sources, but in this day and age, my mother is as reliable as these reports.

Sorry, she passed away in 2000. Then again, she probably is more reliable than some of the sources.

I really hope the Patriots start Stidham this next season. He was terrible his final year of college. Couldn't handle pressure and struggled when his first read wasn't open.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the Patriots start Stidham this next season. He was terrible his final year of college. Couldn't handle pressure and struggled when his first read wasn't open.

He did really well in the 2019 preseason games he played. He had one really bad pass for a pick six but he got totally crushed and tried a really bad pass. Ths kid can run and throw when he's running. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for a complete failure. After all, the Broncos are hoping for Locke and load miracles.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did really well in the 2019 preseason games he played. He had one really bad pass for a pick six but he got totally crushed and tried a really bad pass. Ths kid can run and throw when he's running. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for a complete failure. After all, the Broncos are hoping for Locke and load miracles.

Ummm are you really trying to compare Lock to Stidham? Lock when he left college held the record for most TD passes in a season in the SEC. Obviously that was broken by Joe Burrow this past season but Burrow is going #1 overall in the draft so good company to be with.

Also I've never said Lock will be successful. He showed promise in his 5 starts but beyond the top-5 picks of the draft it has been proven it is complete luck to find a QB that is successful. There is less than a 5% chance that either Lock or Stidham turn into anything. I have a lot more confidence in Lock than Stidham for sure. Stidham was so bad his final year of college. He was seriously a 1st read and run kind of QB. Those types I can't even think of one that has been successful in the NFL.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great.
Resign Brady and trade Stidham fir a late first or early second rounder....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham showed some promise in preseason, but I think his stats look a little better than he actually played. He made some big boy throws for sure, but he also got away with an inordinate number of bad ones from what I saw. He certainly didn’t play as well as Jimmy did in 2014 (IMO). I wouldn’t feel terribly comfortable throwing him in as the starter this year. Especially not with all the added pressure that following Brady will entail. But if Josh and Bill decide he’s ready I’ll trust their better judgment.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves Auburn went to a new OC and things changed up his Senior year. I remember reading where something changed I would have to research to find the article again. But in the end all in all he was a decent college QB and was selected because the Pats felt he still had a lot of upside.

It really doesn't matter who the next Patriots QB is or the one after that, the standard Brady set will daunting for any incoming QB. They will be judged unfairly and ridiculed if they don't make the playoff's year one or two. Don't envy whoever gets that job

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves Auburn went to a new OC and things changed up his Senior year. I remember reading where something changed I would have to research to find the article again. But in the end all in all he was a decent college QB and was selected because the Pats felt he still had a lot of upside.

It really doesn't matter who the next Patriots QB is or the one after that, the standard Brady set will daunting for any incoming QB. They will be judged unfairly and ridiculed if they don't make the playoff's year one or two. Don't envy whoever gets that job

Nope. He had the same OC both years. Chip Lindsey if I remember right. Also can't blame his fall off from Junior to Senior year on talent leaving as only 2 players from the offense went to the NFL. He got worse every single season of college. He showed promise as a freshman but developed terrible habits as his career continued. He took the Hackenberg approach to college. Now maybe the Pats can work with him on those bad habits but I just can't see him getting good enough at reading defenses as he hardly did any of it in college. Like I said he reached a point of staring down his 1st read and when that wasn't open he panicked and tried to leave the pocket usually pulling the ball down and taking off running.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He had the same OC both years. Chip Lindsey if I remember right. Also can't blame his fall off from Junior to Senior year on talent leaving as only 2 players from the offense went to the NFL. He got worse every single season of college. He showed promise as a freshman but developed terrible habits as his career continued. He took the Hackenberg approach to college. Now maybe the Pats can work with him on those bad habits but I just can't see him getting good enough at reading defenses as he hardly did any of it in college. Like I said he reached a point of staring down his 1st read and when that wasn't open he panicked and tried to leave the pocket usually pulling the ball down and taking off running.

Well, hell based on this I have no idea what the Pats see in him

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hell based on this I have no idea what the Pats see in him

He has some decent qualities, but I've always viewed him as a quality back/spot starter/transition type player. Not the greatest arm talent, not the greatest field awareness, and terrible pocket movement. Can make some decent plays and does a decent job protecting the football. Can make some plays with his feet as well but overall just pretty average skills across the board.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some decent qualities, but I've always viewed him as a quality back/spot starter/transition type player. Not the greatest arm talent, not the greatest field awareness, and terrible pocket movement. Can make some decent plays and does a decent job protecting the football. Can make some plays with his feet as well but overall just pretty average skills across the board.
So Tom Brady when he entered the league?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tom Brady when he entered the league?

What set Brady apart is the fact the guy is about as smart as they come and about as competitive as they come at the position. Not many that can compare in those two areas. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I just see Stidham as a career back up caliber player.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What set Brady apart is the fact the guy is about as smart as they come and about as competitive as they come at the position. Not many that can compare in those two areas. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I just see Stidham as a career back up caliber player.

My comment was in jest, did not use the preferred Green Text.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was in jest, did not use the preferred Green Text.

Dang it. That is always the problem online is the second you try to be funny and sarcastic some idiot like me takes it way too serious.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it. That is always the problem online is the second you try to be funny and sarcastic some idiot like me takes it way too serious.
I agree I cannot read the person through the wire. Which is why I guess, in the end the Green Text makes sense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... or they can find a receiver who can get open so they can just play pitch and catch.
Or Brady can continue to pout and throw the ball 5 yards infront of the receiver or 10' over their heads. Guys were getting open they just weren't 5 yards open, enough to satisfy TB12.