• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor...............Patriots are pissed that Brady and Edelman were talking to Mike Vrabel on camera at the Syracuse/NC basketball game in Syracuse, NY last night. There may a 'tampering' charge coming and that will put an end to Brady going to Tennessee in 2020 and probably cost the Titans their first round pick. No one is 100% sure who initiated the call, but Vrabel should have said, "I can't talk to guys." Nope, he talked to JE11 and TB12.

NFL would be at least 3 feet up Belichick's ass if he did anything close to this.

This is a tough one. It's no secret TB and Vrabel are buds. So you could surmise that is a circle JE11 runs in as well? Having said that it's pretty tough to cut ties with a good friend and former teammate just because he became an HC.

I don't see anything coming from this. Phone records will show that these two speak all the time. It will be deemed more likely than not that these were just two friends talking with each other.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was anything more than that nobody’s losing a 1st round pick or stopping a free agent from signing somewhere for tampering. Not gonna happen. The only thing that’s a bigger joke than the league’s tampering policy is any media sock puppet who thinks it will result in massive sanctions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WEEI this afternoon (3/1/2020) The San Francisco 49ers are in the Brady hunt and are making no bones about it.

Looks like Lynch doesn't believe that Jimmy G. can take that final step and wants to call on the big dog to take the Niners to the promised land.

They're talking about a 'sign and trade' deal and guess who gets to come to the Patriots??

I shit you not, they were screaming over each about an hour ago. Yes! No! Yes! No, NO!

I missed the point here?

What is a sign and trade? And the Pats have no leverage here what is the trade? I'm confused...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JE Called Vrabel not sure how there can be tampering.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor...............Patriots are pissed that Brady and Edelman were talking to Mike Vrabel on camera at the Syracuse/NC basketball game in Syracuse, NY last night. There may a 'tampering' charge coming and that will put an end to Brady going to Tennessee in 2020 and probably cost the Titans their first round pick. No one is 100% sure who initiated the call, but Vrabel should have said, "I can't talk to guys." Nope, he talked to JE11 and TB12.

NFL would be at least 3 feet up Belichick's ass if he did anything close to this.
I doubt anything comes of it since it was coordinated by an entertainer.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again wasn't the call on Edelmans phone? If he is not an FA how is it tampering?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again wasn't the call on Edelmans phone? If he is not an FA how is it tampering?

If you've seen the video, JE is saying "He's coming back, he's coming back." Brady is smiling like he just realized he shit his pants and is very uncomfortable. Jimmy Fallon is sitting next to JE and he's saying, "I can't believe this."

Here's the rub. All of them are being filmed from the time they get into their seats, which just happen to be on courtside behind a table and in front of a bunch of soldiers. A lot things are being said back and forth. JE is screwing around and he knows that Brady is trying to smile his TB smile but anyone with an IQ above 6 can see he's feeling like a million ants are crawling all over his body.

As far as Vrabel and Brady being friends is concerned, Vrabel is also a head coach and must follow the rules of the NFL. During this time period he's not talking to any other player under contract and he should have said to Brady, "I really can't be talking to you Tom. If Kraft gets pissed and puts the pressure on the NFL to do something about it, It could be considered tampering. Let's hold off until March 18th. Sorry. Just looking out for the Titans." Personal friendship or not, he's taking advantage of that and using it more than any other coach has a right. If Vrabel can talk to Brady three times a week, why can't Gruden, Ariens or Reich be allowed an equal number of phone calls? Hey, just trying to be friendly with Tom.

This is where the league rules become bullshit and every other investigation, fine and suspension are also bullshit when personal friendships are allowed to supersede the league rules.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway......................rumors are starting that the Patriots have more than a passing interest in relatively obscure quarterback at the Combine.

Nate Stanley Iowa 6'4" 243.

He had a horrible game against Michigan but overall wasn't that bad. He is pretty solid, but the thing the Patriots really like is that he makes decisions quicker than just about any other QB at the Combine and BB and JM like a guy who doesn't doubt himself.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5BDECC23-CC8B-48F7-9C97-2D8499495151.png
9EC1DDB8-4325-48B4-AB2F-DC31D7E739CF.png

I’m kind of leery about drafting anyone who looks like Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. Just saying.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've seen the video, JE is saying "He's coming back, he's coming back." Brady is smiling like he just realized he shit his pants and is very uncomfortable. Jimmy Fallon is sitting next to JE and he's saying, "I can't believe this."

Here's the rub. All of them are being filmed from the time they get into their seats, which just happen to be on courtside behind a table and in front of a bunch of soldiers. A lot things are being said back and forth. JE is screwing around and he knows that Brady is trying to smile his TB smile but anyone with an IQ above 6 can see he's feeling like a million ants are crawling all over his body.

As far as Vrabel and Brady being friends is concerned, Vrabel is also a head coach and must follow the rules of the NFL. During this time period he's not talking to any other player under contract and he should have said to Brady, "I really can't be talking to you Tom. If Kraft gets pissed and puts the pressure on the NFL to do something about it, It could be considered tampering. Let's hold off until March 18th. Sorry. Just looking out for the Titans." Personal friendship or not, he's taking advantage of that and using it more than any other coach has a right. If Vrabel can talk to Brady three times a week, why can't Gruden, Ariens or Reich be allowed an equal number of phone calls? Hey, just trying to be friendly with Tom.

This is where the league rules become bullshit and every other investigation, fine and suspension are also bullshit when personal friendships are allowed to supersede the league rules.

Balderdash.

1. I have seen the video and I don't think what anyone say's is in full context. So I don't really believe any of this.

2. You said if Vrabel can talk to Tom and there is no real proof as yet that Vrabel reached out to Tom. Hell I assumed it was JEs phone it could have been Fallons?

3. Could Kraft pursue this? Maybe! Will anything come of this? Doubtful!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway......................rumors are starting that the Patriots have more than a passing interest in relatively obscure quarterback at the Combine.

Nate Stanley Iowa 6'4" 243.

He had a horrible game against Michigan but overall wasn't that bad. He is pretty solid, but the thing the Patriots really like is that he makes decisions quicker than just about any other QB at the Combine and BB and JM like a guy who doesn't doubt himself.

I saw a few Iowa games this year, I was impressed with there QB although I could not remember his name and he bvener occurred to me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are not talking about 3-4 phone calls a week here though. You are exaggerating to emphasize your point. All there is evidence of is 1 phone call made not by Brady or Vrabel but by Edelman. We also don't know what was talked about. Coaches and players are allowed to interact during the offseason as long as there is no proof that football was discussed.

I can tell you the Broncos' head coach has spent time with a few different players going to Nuggets games and such. That happens every offseason. And while yes my guess is something football related is talked about it is on the league to prove that there was.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often, we all say things without 100% of the background information. Here's a nugget that was talked about on Boston Sports Tonight. Tom E. Curran of NBCSports Boston reported that The San Francisco 49ers are more than interested in Tom Brady and they are ready to pounce. Apparently Mike Vbabel is aware of the situation and he's doing everything to derail the express.

Fact: The 49ers have an "OPTION" in JG's contract this year. The team can opt out prior to April 1st. and it will only cost them $4M. Curran said that Shanahan does not have the confidence in JG's ability to win the big game and he wants Lynch to go 'all in' for Brady.

The 49ers have everything that Brady needs to win another ring and to keep him upright for another two or three seasons. The 49ers also have the flexibility to make some moves in an attempt to get Brady more weapons.

How about this rumor: If the 49ers are successful in signing Brady they will attempt to acquired Julian Edelman from the Patriots for a 1st and 4th round draft pick.

You can say BS. You can say whatever. Brady has always loved the 49ers. He's a California boy and so is Edelman. For them, this would be the perfect ending to a spectacular career.

As far as I can see, the Brady decision will come down to three teams.

New England Patriots - He started here and would probably like to finish here.
San Francisco 49ers - His beloved home team and hero Joe Montana. #1 Option.
Tennessee Titans - One of his best friends is the HC and it's appealing.

If I was to place a bet.........Tom is gone and will be a 49er in 2020.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often, we all say things without 100% of the background information. Here's a nugget that was talked about on Boston Sports Tonight. Tom E. Curran of NBCSports Boston reported that The San Francisco 49ers are more than interested in Tom Brady and they are ready to pounce. Apparently Mike Vbabel is aware of the situation and he's doing everything to derail the express.

Fact: The 49ers have an "OPTION" in JG's contract this year. The team can opt out prior to April 1st. and it will only cost them $4M. Curran said that Shanahan does not have the confidence in JG's ability to win the big game and he wants Lynch to go 'all in' for Brady.

The 49ers have everything that Brady needs to win another ring and to keep him upright for another two or three seasons. The 49ers also have the flexibility to make some moves in an attempt to get Brady more weapons.

How about this rumor: If the 49ers are successful in signing Brady they will attempt to acquired Julian Edelman from the Patriots for a 1st and 4th round draft pick.

You can say BS. You can say whatever. Brady has always loved the 49ers. He's a California boy and so is Edelman. For them, this would be the perfect ending to a spectacular career.

As far as I can see, the Brady decision will come down to three teams.

New England Patriots - He started here and would probably like to finish here.
San Francisco 49ers - His beloved home team and hero Joe Montana. #1 Option.
Tennessee Titans - One of his best friends is the HC and it's appealing.

If I was to place a bet.........Tom is gone and will be a 49er in 2020.

A 1st and 4trh for JE, I'll take that all day. Not having to sign a 42 year old QB to a long term deal I'll take that all day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on WEEI this morning that Edelman said something yesterday, then claimed he was just "kidding".

He supposedly said, "Tom and I are a package deal." Apparently a few people didn't see any humor in it at all.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Montreal Alouettes are making a play for Brady. (I heard it after I said it out loud)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on WEEI this morning that Edelman said something yesterday, then claimed he was just "kidding".

He supposedly said, "Tom and I are a package deal." Apparently a few people didn't see any humor in it at all.

If the Pats can land a 1st and 4th for JE and get younger at QB I am fine with package deal. Two first round picks heck BB can work with that.