• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody that needs a QB In 2020 probably will, though. Somebody that probably needs a QB in 2021 definitely will.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just giving you an idea that there is no way Love is making it past probably pick 14 in this draft. If the Patriots want him they are going to have to trade up to get him.

Also the medical checks came back about as good as they could for Tua. He is not making it out of the top-5. Good chance he doesn't make it out of the top-3. There is even some talk that after the medicals the Bengals are now thinking of taking Tua over that of Burrow.

Tua should be grateful that I'm not the GM of the Bengals.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for a fact I have seen in the past is a University claiming a player was medically good to go only for NFL team doctors to see things otherwise. It benefits colleges to get player in the NFL and especially the early rounds, so I feel they will embellish to favor the university. I also feel NFL team doctors are going to be a lot more crucial of what they consider okay or recovered. Then teams themselves are going to consider the injury history.

Teams are also going to look at the weapons around him and Bama is loaded so it's fair to question the Tua make the player or did the players make Tuia?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua should be grateful that I'm not the GM of the Bengals.

Well I think most would hope they never are drafted by the Bengals. I would honestly if Burrow be trying to bomb my interviews with them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for a fact I have seen in the past is a University claiming a player was medically good to go only for NFL team doctors to see things otherwise. It benefits colleges to get player in the NFL and especially the early rounds, so I feel they will embellish to favor the university. I also feel NFL team doctors are going to be a lot more crucial of what they consider okay or recovered. Then teams themselves are going to consider the injury history.

Teams are also going to look at the weapons around him and Bama is loaded so it's fair to question the Tua make the player or did the players make Tuia?

Everything I have heard from the Combine is that Tua passed NFL medical checks with flying colors. So while the injury history is a concern, teams are not going to let him fall out of the top-14 picks of the draft knowing the guy has top-5 QB ability.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have heard from the Combine is that Tua passed NFL medical checks with flying colors. So while the injury history is a concern, teams are not going to let him fall out of the top-14 picks of the draft knowing the guy has top-5 QB ability.

Well that is good news for Tua.

I hope the Phins take him, making themselves even less of threat to the AFCE than they are now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is good news for Tua.

I hope the Phins take him, making themselves even less of threat to the AFCE than they are now.

I would rather see them get him than the Chargers. Hoping the Chargers go the Justin Herbert route.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just giving you an idea that there is no way Love is making it past probably pick 14 in this draft. If the Patriots want him they are going to have to trade up to get him.

Also the medical checks came back about as good as they could for Tua. He is not making it out of the top-5. Good chance he doesn't make it out of the top-3. There is even some talk that after the medicals the Bengals are now thinking of taking Tua over that of Burrow.

I have limited knowledge of the kids available for this years draft.
What I do know is everything we hear is bullshit - even "sources" are getting bullshit!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have limited knowledge of the kids available for this years draft.
What I do know is everything we hear is bullshit - even "sources" are getting bullshit!

he was considered a top prospect heading into the season and I don’t think anything changed on that. It wasn’t the best season for him but stats don’t tell the whole story of why. I would recommend looking into that or I can give you some background on why if you like. He has the tools and personality teams like so I would be shocked if he fell out of the top-14 picks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was considered a top prospect heading into the season and I don’t think anything changed on that. It wasn’t the best season for him but stats don’t tell the whole story of why. I would recommend looking into that or I can give you some background on why if you like. He has the tools and personality teams like so I would be shocked if he fell out of the top-14 picks.

I have to apologize about my previous remarks about Love. After hearing a couple of experienced, knowledgeable people yesterday, It appears that Love had a team similar to what the patriots suffered in 2019. In 2018 he had a great surrounding crew and he was able to take advantage of every bit of his talent. Not so in 2019. These guys said what he was able to accomplish was pretty much all him and they said he should be picked before Burrow. Both of these guys agreed that Jordan Love is the available QB in the draft.

They also said that they are not convinced that Tua is 100% recovered. One said that medical reports are determined on the surgery being successful and the surgery healing correctly and recovery progressing what is typically normal. Performance on the football field in gear at full speed is a totally different animal. Both said that they would be very hesitant to take him in the top half of the first round.

Again, everyone has opinions and they base their opinions on their own experience and knowledge. These guys sounded like they knew what they were talking about.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was his stellar senior bowl performance that put him on the radar? ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was his stellar senior bowl performance that put him on the radar? ;)

Oh whoops yup that was it.

He has had to take the Josh Allen approach to this whole process since he is coming from a small school. Have the arm talent and wow throws to get the attention of teams one year, then not completely scare them off the next year, and finally do well in all offseason drills to fully cement themselves. Carson Wentz had to do the same thing.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AViet
I have to apologize about my previous remarks about Love. After hearing a couple of experienced, knowledgeable people yesterday, It appears that Love had a team similar to what the patriots suffered in 2019. In 2018 he had a great surrounding crew and he was able to take advantage of every bit of his talent. Not so in 2019. These guys said what he was able to accomplish was pretty much all him and they said he should be picked before Burrow. Both of these guys agreed that Jordan Love is the available QB in the draft.

They also said that they are not convinced that Tua is 100% recovered. One said that medical reports are determined on the surgery being successful and the surgery healing correctly and recovery progressing what is typically normal. Performance on the football field in gear at full speed is a totally different animal. Both said that they would be very hesitant to take him in the top half of the first round.

Again, everyone has opinions and they base their opinions on their own experience and knowledge. These guys sounded like they knew what they were talking about.

a gruff old Viet Nam vet talking negativly about love - who'd a thunk it.....

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m no “Cap expert” and I know player for player trades seldom happen in the NFL. We know Brady needs another weapon or two. If possible, would you trade a player like Gilmore for WR Diggs? Salaries are pretty close. Would we be ok with J.C Jackson and McCourty as starting CB’s? Like I said, not sure if something like this is doable. If it was/is would you do it? It doesn’t have to be Diggs. Any other WR you’d realistically trade Gilmore for that could fit salary wise?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only scenario where trading Gilmore makes any sense to me is if he’s unwilling to rework his deal to get his 20-21 cap numbers down. Otherwise trading the best player in the league at a top 3 premium position for a good-to-very good player at a less premium position does not appeal to me very much, team needs and/or salary matching aside.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WEEI this afternoon (3/1/2020) The San Francisco 49ers are in the Brady hunt and are making no bones about it.

Looks like Lynch doesn't believe that Jimmy G. can take that final step and wants to call on the big dog to take the Niners to the promised land.

They're talking about a 'sign and trade' deal and guess who gets to come to the Patriots??

I shit you not, they were screaming over each about an hour ago. Yes! No! Yes! No, NO!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on the radio are talking sign and trade. Not the teams.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor...............Patriots are pissed that Brady and Edelman were talking to Mike Vrabel on camera at the Syracuse/NC basketball game in Syracuse, NY last night. There may a 'tampering' charge coming and that will put an end to Brady going to Tennessee in 2020 and probably cost the Titans their first round pick. No one is 100% sure who initiated the call, but Vrabel should have said, "I can't talk to guys." Nope, he talked to JE11 and TB12.

NFL would be at least 3 feet up Belichick's ass if he did anything close to this.