• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 for Edelman is crazy talk. Like batshit fucking bananas crazy. Bill would accept that in half a cocaine heartbeat.
Yep a 1st and 4th which is why I believe this is all balderdash. More media pot stirring than truth.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often, we all say things without 100% of the background information. Here's a nugget that was talked about on Boston Sports Tonight. Tom E. Curran of NBCSports Boston reported that The San Francisco 49ers are more than interested in Tom Brady and they are ready to pounce. Apparently Mike Vbabel is aware of the situation and he's doing everything to derail the express.

Fact: The 49ers have an "OPTION" in JG's contract this year. The team can opt out prior to April 1st. and it will only cost them $4M. Curran said that Shanahan does not have the confidence in JG's ability to win the big game and he wants Lynch to go 'all in' for Brady.

The 49ers have everything that Brady needs to win another ring and to keep him upright for another two or three seasons. The 49ers also have the flexibility to make some moves in an attempt to get Brady more weapons.

How about this rumor: If the 49ers are successful in signing Brady they will attempt to acquired Julian Edelman from the Patriots for a 1st and 4th round draft pick.

You can say BS. You can say whatever. Brady has always loved the 49ers. He's a California boy and so is Edelman. For them, this would be the perfect ending to a spectacular career.

As far as I can see, the Brady decision will come down to three teams.

New England Patriots - He started here and would probably like to finish here.
San Francisco 49ers - His beloved home team and hero Joe Montana. #1 Option.
Tennessee Titans - One of his best friends is the HC and it's appealing.

If I was to place a bet.........Tom is gone and will be a 49er in 2020.

I have no problem believing the information about the 49ers being interested in Brady. It makes sense. Easy to see that Jimmy G was not the reason they were winning in the playoffs. And for Brady it means playing for his favorite team growing up and going to one of the best rosters in football with everything that he likes of a strong defense, strong run game, and weapons that can get open in a hurry.

The part that is just absolutely ridiculous is a team giving up a 1st and 4th for Edelman. Come on that is never happening. If you had said a 4th then I could maybe agree. He is 33-years old. Let me repeat that 33-years old. The only WR's demanding that kind of trade are mid-20's and top-5 at the position. Not over the hill, injury prone, and limited athletically types. Honestly I think if the 49ers offered a 4th for him the Pats would take that and run.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio talkheads say a lot of things and half of them are pipedreams.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady, Bill Belichick had conversation Tuesday, but it reportedly did not go well
Hannable-Ryan_775x425.jpg

Ryan Hannable
March 04, 2020 - 1:28 pm
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to PrintShare to EmailShare to More
Categories:
Football
Well, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady had a conversation like everyone has wanted them to have for the last several weeks, but it apparently didn't go all that well.

Brady and Belichick spoke on the phone Tuesday regarding the 42-year-olds impending free agency, but it wasn't very productive according to NBC Sports Boston's Tom E. Curran, and "did not go well," per the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian.

Both did not have any details about what was actually discussed, but did come to the same general conclusion.

This does not mean Brady has no chance of returning to the Patriots as a lot can happen between now and when free agency gets started, but it likely indicates the two sides have a ways to go when it comes to being on the same page for the quarterback to stay in New England.

It also shouldn't come as much of a surprise since Belichick seems to be approaching Brady's impending free agency just like any other player. When has he ever been warm and fuzzy with contract talks? Also, if this is in fact true, how does Belichick feel that less than a day later the conversation is being leaked to the media?

With two weeks to go until free agency begins, it would appear there's a lot to hammer out in order for Brady to actually return to New England.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats can land a 1st and 4th for JE and get younger at QB I am fine with package deal. Two first round picks heck BB can work with that.
Yep he'll draft two guys with previous leg injuries that can sit the year on IR.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching BST and they had a film of Vrabel having a hell of a time answering questions.

According to Rob "Poole" Hardy, Vrabel hates Tannehill and does not want him back. Problem is that the owner likes him and the fact that he pushed Mariota to the curb and the Titans rode him to the AFCCG. Fans are behind Tannehill and not Brady. They don't think Brady is the answer to moving past KC. There are a number of people pushing to get Amari Cooper and give Tannehill a downfield threat.

No question that the Titans may have some internal issues and the last thing any owner wants is a problem with his team on the rise.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady, Bill Belichick had conversation Tuesday, but it reportedly did not go well
Hannable-Ryan_775x425.jpg

Ryan Hannable
March 04, 2020 - 1:28 pm
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to PrintShare to EmailShare to More
Categories:
Football
Well, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady had a conversation like everyone has wanted them to have for the last several weeks, but it apparently didn't go all that well.

Brady and Belichick spoke on the phone Tuesday regarding the 42-year-olds impending free agency, but it wasn't very productive according to NBC Sports Boston's Tom E. Curran, and "did not go well," per the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian.

Both did not have any details about what was actually discussed, but did come to the same general conclusion.

This does not mean Brady has no chance of returning to the Patriots as a lot can happen between now and when free agency gets started, but it likely indicates the two sides have a ways to go when it comes to being on the same page for the quarterback to stay in New England.

It also shouldn't come as much of a surprise since Belichick seems to be approaching Brady's impending free agency just like any other player. When has he ever been warm and fuzzy with contract talks? Also, if this is in fact true, how does Belichick feel that less than a day later the conversation is being leaked to the media?

With two weeks to go until free agency begins, it would appear there's a lot to hammer out in order for Brady to actually return to New England.
Its funny how no one listened in on the phone call, neither Brady nor Belichick has talked about the phone call, and yet everyone seems to know exactly how the conversation went.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors today are that BB is calling multiple teams about making a deal or two for a TE and a WR.

One is for TE Tyler Everett of the LA Rams. Higbee took over for Everett early in 2019 and played for the rest of the year. The Rams tend to stay with the same lineup and rarely sub. They have four TEs and Everett is a willing blocker at 6'3" 250 Lbs. He caught 30 out of 48 for 408 yards in a less than part time season.

Rumors are also that BB has had several conversations with the Cleveland Browns about Odell Beckham Jr. There is very little information about how that's progressing but most of the leaks are coming from the Browns sources. Because there have been several supposed conversations, there could be something more.

Belichick is not feeling very good about the WRs who are available in free agency because the numbers that are being talked about do not fit in BBs plans. Most of them are talking numbers like $10M or $12M.

Free agency kicks in a week from Wednesday and rumors are that Bill will not be involved in anything until the dust starts to settle around Friday or Saturday.

Rumors about Patriots players are that Van Noy will sign with the Lions. Jaime Collins is considering coming back to NE.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ’s salary is around 14 million a year. Can the Patriots afford that? I guess if Brady is going to stay, you need players who can play now. Even though this draft is loaded at WR, a rookie will not play much. Hence , not helping Brady at all. Will the Patriots give up their 1st rounder + for OBJ?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck OBJ a few sexy catches and people think he is all that and a bag of chips

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the Pats are ready to move onto Stidham and a FA vet. Likely landing spot is SF, the Pats are then asking a 4th from SF for Edelman. Kraft also indicated the BB is in the trading block and he is asking a 1st and 3rd he will then sign McDainels as the HC of the New England Patriots. Kraft is also pursuing OBJ if all this goes down

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the Pats are ready to move onto Stidham and a FA vet. Likely landing spot is SF, the Pats are then asking a 4th from SF for Edelman. Kraft also indicated the BB is in the trading block and he is asking a 1st and 3rd he will then sign McDainels as the HC of the New England Patriots. Kraft is also pursuing OBJ if all this goes down

763BE8EC-E3D6-4135-979C-845B659477F0.gif

If you are..... I wouldn’t hate it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ’s salary is around 14 million a year. Can the Patriots afford that? I guess if Brady is going to stay, you need players who can play now. Even though this draft is loaded at WR, a rookie will not play much. Hence , not helping Brady at all. Will the Patriots give up their 1st rounder + for OBJ?

They could renegotiate and add a couple of years, lower the initial cap hit.
But no. No to a first rounder.
I have confidence that our sophomore WR's will make a sizable enough progression that bringing in OBJ is unnecessary.
Draft another top flight WR and be ready to go for the future.

Like the Reb said, a couple of playground catches and he's all that...?
No.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. He's got Ochocinco-II written all over him. I did read an article this morning though that said the Pats were interested in Amari Cooper. Doubtful they can afford him but I'd be cool with it if he was in NE for sure. Cooper, a healed up Sanu, Edelman, Harry, and Meyers would make a pretty great receiving group.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. He's got Ochocinco-II written all over him. I did read an article this morning though that said the Pats were interested in Amari Cooper. Doubtful they can afford him but I'd be cool with it if he was in NE for sure. Cooper, a healed up Sanu, Edelman, Harry, and Meyers would make a pretty great receiving group.

Sunday, Cooper said that he wanted to be a Cowboy for life. Maybe he'll buy a ranch and some horses. Or maybe Jerry Jones made him and offer that he couldn't refuse. Check with CNN, they know everything according to my wife.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree but the one thing I do like and I feel Brady needs is a WR that goes up and fights for the ball. OBJ as much as I dislike him does that.