• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if there is anything that can bring hated rivals back together it is Patriot controversy.

As for whether he would go to the Colts after that maybe that would be a reason he wouldn't consider them. I'm just looking at this from a pure football perspective and right now I just can't think of a better place for him to go if he leaves New England. Great OL, stable coaching/FO, cap space to surround him with talent while also getting paid, and a winnable division (this last one is why I question some talking about the Raiders and Chargers).

I thought the Bucs are very similar to the Colts in talent and lots of cap space. 70-80M.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Bucs are very similar to the Colts in talent and lots of cap space. 70-80M.

The Bucs are a great landing spot for TB12, great WRs, they can run the ball, decent defense and no state tax

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bucs talent wise are probably pretty close. I question more his fit with Arians than I do about the difference in talent. I just think he is a better fit with Reich.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Odell Beckham trade talks are starting to resurface around here.

OBJ wants out of Cleveland.

The media thinks that ""IF"" BB can pull off the trade, Brady will resign on the cheap. OBJ will cost $14M and probably a 1st and one or two 3rds. It would leave enough cap space to go after Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper.

All of the talk was on NBC Sports Early Edition.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The media thinks that ""IF"" BB can pull off the trade, Brady will resign on the cheap. OBJ will cost $14M and probably a 1st and one or two 3rds. It would leave enough cap space to go after Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper.

I really don't want another talented head case in NE. But if that's what it takes? I hate having to give up their #1 and a #3.

Just say no

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want another talented head case in NE. But if that's what it takes? I hate having to give up their #1 and a #3.

Just say no

Part of why it makes 0 sense to me is because of how loaded this WR class is in the draft. I don't even see the guys hitting FA getting a whole lot. Why pay $15 million a year when you can pay that over an entire contract for a high profile player in the draft?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of why it makes 0 sense to me is because of how loaded this WR class is in the draft. I don't even see the guys hitting FA getting a whole lot. Why pay $15 million a year when you can pay that over an entire contract for a high profile player in the draft?

I agree. Having said that, rookie WRs don't seem to bode very well in the NE offense. At best NE likely has two years left with Brady. They don't have the luxury of grooming a new kid. I would much prefer a vet over another rookie.

They have decent rookie WRs. Meyers and Harry have both shown promise. Not sure why Brady lost some confidence in them? Not sure why or how Sanu didn't produce? Maybe another year in the system could at least make him a solid number three or two? Which left TB with basically one target, that being Edelman.

I still say the lack of a pass catching TE hurt the offense the most. No real FB which is a big part of the NE offense didn't help. Then all the O-line issues.

I really hope NE doesn't go after OBJ at that price. Nor do I hope they use a first on a WR.

In typical BB fashion he'll surprise us all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Having said that, rookie WRs don't seem to bode very well in the NE offense. At best NE likely has two years left with Brady. They don't have the luxury of grooming a new kid. I would much prefer a vet over another rookie.

They have decent rookie WRs. Meyers and Harry have both shown promise. Not sure why Brady lost some confidence in them? Not sure why or how Sanu didn't produce? Maybe another year in the system could at least make him a solid number three or two? Which left TB with basically one target, that being Edelman.

I still say the lack of a pass catching TE hurt the offense the most. No real FB which is a big part of the NE offense didn't help. Then all the O-line issues.

I really hope NE doesn't go after OBJ at that price. Nor do I hope they use a first on a WR.

In typical BB fashion he'll surprise us all.

I guess if you are going the veteran route then to me Amari Cooper makes much more sense than trading for OBJ. No WR gets open quicker than Cooper in my opinion. He would be a perfect fit for what the Patriots do right now and won't cost you a 1st and more in a trade to get. Yes he isn't as talent as OBJ but even beyond the not having to trade for him you also have him not being a huge headache with the media.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you are going the veteran route then to me Amari Cooper makes much more sense than trading for OBJ. No WR gets open quicker than Cooper in my opinion. He would be a perfect fit for what the Patriots do right now and won't cost you a 1st and more in a trade to get. Yes he isn't as talent as OBJ but even beyond the not having to trade for him you also have him not being a huge headache with the media.

I hadn't even thought of him. But that makes a lot of sense. If the rumors about Brady wanting the FO to get him more talent is a Cooper enough? Can you Cooper and Hooper? Or Cooper, Olsen or Henry? Maybe even cheaper and get Eifert? Eifert, Sanu and Cooper I could live with that. Would it be enough for TB12 though?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay maybe its just me but other than a few sexy one hand grabs is OBJ really all that and a bag of chips? I think not, I think he is lazy, takes plays off, obnoxious and immature. Just not sure that is the name I want to land

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem for NE is that Amari Cooper is going to get 3-4-5 years at $20M per. Pats cannot afford that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem for NE is that Amari Cooper is going to get 3-4-5 years at $20M per. Pats cannot afford that.

I would be willing to bet cold hard cash that he doesn’t get near that much. This is a bad year to be hitting the market as a receiver. I would bet he doesn’t get more than $15 million a year

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting rumor....

Michael Irvin said Sunday that he has information from a solid source that the Cowboys are giving serious consideration to franchising Dak Prescott so that they can trade him. Why would they trade a quality QB in his prime? Because Jerry Jones wants to make an all-out attempt to sign Tom Brady to a three-year deal.

Does it make sense for either side? Dallas has a very talented roster and has the OL to protect Brady. They also have one of the best RBs in the business. Can Brady and McCarthy get along?

Irvin thinks that Jones will go all-in.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swapping out a 26 year old who shows indications of being a franchise QB for a 43 year old who shows indications of no longer being one would be moronic. Even if Jerrah wanted to do it I think Stephen Jones would fight him tooth and nail.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all seen owners do stupid things and brilliant things. What we think is totally not relevant to them. Jerry Jones will do what Jerry Jones wants to do to satisfy that thing called "EGO". He'll also slap his kid upside the head if he gets too flippant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Stephen “got flippant” with Jerry about their QB position, Jerry listened to him.

Jerry is not the same guy he was a few years ago or at least isn't the lone voice making decisions. His son has done an incredible job when it comes to the draft.