• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are circulating this morning that Belichick will name Jerod Maayo as the Defensive Coordinator.
Troy Brown will be named Wide Receivers Coach.

And here's the big one..................Steve Belichick will be named Special Teams Coach.
All Good.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concur. I wondered last offseason whether Steve might get moved to ST when Judge was rumored to be moving to the offensive staff. Given his background as a college ST player and Bill’s background it makes sense.

That said Cam Achord appears to be highly regarded and well groomed for that promotion as well.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are starting to pick up about Stefanski wanting to trade Odell Beckham and the Patriots are interested. It doesn't take much to get the Boston media underwear all knotted up.

Originally the rumor was that Odell and TE David Njoku would go to the patriots for the patriots 2020 first round pick. Then I heard that it would be for a third and fourth. I tried to reach one of my guys but he wasn't available. I did reach another guy and he said that BB told Browns GM Andrew Berry that there was no way that he'd give up the first round pick for those two and Berry asked him what it would take. BB said that OBJ, Njoku and OT Greg Robinson. He said that Berry hasn't gotten back to him and this guy doesn't expect anything to be done before late February unless another team steps in. He doubts it because Free Agency doesn't kick in until March 18th.

According to this guy, if OBJ is available and the rumors are true, it's 70/30 that he'll be in NE next year. Njoku has only played in a few games and appears to be a toss. Robinson would be a great acquisition and would allow Wynn to move inside to LG. Trade would be well worth giving up the first round pick because there's no way that you can draft two guaranteed starters on offense.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is terribad (and also will be a free agent so CLE can’t trade him). I’d rather see Newhouse out there at LT again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is terribad (and also will be a free agent so CLE can’t trade him). I’d rather see Newhouse out there at LT again.

Maybe he got it wrong and it's not Robinson. I still can't get hold of my main source of good info.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are starting to pick up about Stefanski wanting to trade Odell Beckham and the Patriots are interested. It doesn't take much to get the Boston media underwear all knotted up.

Originally the rumor was that Odell and TE David Njoku would go to the patriots for the patriots 2020 first round pick. Then I heard that it would be for a third and fourth. I tried to reach one of my guys but he wasn't available. I did reach another guy and he said that BB told Browns GM Andrew Berry that there was no way that he'd give up the first round pick for those two and Berry asked him what it would take. BB said that OBJ, Njoku and OT Greg Robinson. He said that Berry hasn't gotten back to him and this guy doesn't expect anything to be done before late February unless another team steps in. He doubts it because Free Agency doesn't kick in until March 18th.

According to this guy, if OBJ is available and the rumors are true, it's 70/30 that he'll be in NE next year. Njoku has only played in a few games and appears to be a toss. Robinson would be a great acquisition and would allow Wynn to move inside to LG. Trade would be well worth giving up the first round pick because there's no way that you can draft two guaranteed starters on offense.

Don't know about any of this but.....

What kind of luck have we had with retread diva WR's so far?

Wynn moving inside after being a 1st rounder and playing 1/2 season - and improving the offense?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got ahold of my main guy and he says it's nothing. OBJ wants out of Cleveland and is rattling his cage and trying to get attention.

My guy says that right now the Patriots are huddling and deciding who they will not make offers to keep. He says that all of his people are saying that Brady is 90% out the door. He'd never say 100%.

He says that the draft is being given more attention than any time in the past ten years because there's internal arguing of what they should do. OT, TE, WR, QB are the fighting points according to him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that no teams tamper in the NFL......

Seema that rumor has surfaced that at least three players who are free agents have quietly said that they will not sign anywhere until Tom Brady has signed either with the patriots or another team.

Shortly after, the Indianapolis Colts are reportedly going 'all in' for Brady. They have $100M to spend and plan to add either Emmanual Sanders or AJ Green to go with T.Y. Hilton and will draft a top WR to insure that Brady has all of the weapons he needs to change the Participation Banner. Of course, this is not official but it's rumored that the Colts owner has told Frank Reich not to attempt to change the offense that Brady is comfortable with. Since teams don't tamper, we know that this is all speculation by the Colts beat writers........right??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seema that rumor has surfaced that at least three players who are free agents have quietly said that they will not sign anywhere until Tom Brady has signed either with the patriots or another team.

Shortly after, the Indianapolis Colts are reportedly going 'all in' for Brady. They have $100M to spend and plan to add either Emmanual Sanders or AJ Green to go with T.Y. Hilton and will draft a top WR to insure that Brady has all of the weapons he needs to change the Participation Banner. Of course, this is not official but it's rumored that the Colts owner has told Frank Reich not to attempt to change the offense that Brady is comfortable with. Since teams don't tamper, we know that this is all speculation by the Colts beat writers........right??

I keep saying the Colts are probably the best case scenario destination if I am Tom Brady. Good OL, lots of cap to surround him with talent, and some decent pieces on defense. Throw in a division that is good but doesn't have that absolutely elite team (I know Tennessee made it to the AFC Championship game but come on we all knew they were a bit limited in how far they could go on the back of Henry).

It would though go against the way Reich and the Colts have done business as they have been big on bargain shopping in FA and building through the draft. But if there is a year to go all-in this would be the one.

Now as for the team talking about this really that isn't tampering. If they came out publicly and said "yes we are going to pursue such and such player" then that would be tampering. All teams can have internal discussions and yes some of those do get leaked by the media and the NFL cannot punish a team for a media member saying they heard a rumor from a reliable source.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep saying the Colts are probably the best case scenario destination if I am Tom Brady. Good OL, lots of cap to surround him with talent, and some decent pieces on defense. Throw in a division that is good but doesn't have that absolutely elite team (I know Tennessee made it to the AFC Championship game but come on we all knew they were a bit limited in how far they could go on the back of Henry).

It would though go against the way Reich and the Colts have done business as they have been big on bargain shopping in FA and building through the draft. But if there is a year to go all-in this would be the one.

Now as for the team talking about this really that isn't tampering. If they came out publicly and said "yes we are going to pursue such and such player" then that would be tampering. All teams can have internal discussions and yes some of those do get leaked by the media and the NFL cannot punish a team for a media member saying they heard a rumor from a reliable source.
The biggest blemish on Brady's track record is the stink left from deflate-gate. Why would Brady sign with the team that started it all? One could argue Baltimore too, and would Brady go there under any circumstance?

I always found it interesting that those two would conspire on anything given the whole Colts leaving Baltimore for Indy in the middle of the night thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest blemish on Brady's track record is the stink left from deflate-gate. Why would Brady sign with the team that started it all? One could argue Baltimore too, and would Brady go there under any circumstance?

I always found it interesting that those two would conspire on anything given the whole Colts leaving Baltimore for Indy in the middle of the night thing.

Well if there is anything that can bring hated rivals back together it is Patriot controversy.

As for whether he would go to the Colts after that maybe that would be a reason he wouldn't consider them. I'm just looking at this from a pure football perspective and right now I just can't think of a better place for him to go if he leaves New England. Great OL, stable coaching/FO, cap space to surround him with talent while also getting paid, and a winnable division (this last one is why I question some talking about the Raiders and Chargers).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if there is anything that can bring hated rivals back together it is Patriot controversy.

As for whether he would go to the Colts after that maybe that would be a reason he wouldn't consider them. I'm just looking at this from a pure football perspective and right now I just can't think of a better place for him to go if he leaves New England. Great OL, stable coaching/FO, cap space to surround him with talent while also getting paid, and a winnable division (this last one is why I question some talking about the Raiders and Chargers).

Maybe he'll verbally agree to terms so they try to sign every high dollar weapon they can find and then stand them up at the last moment.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cleveland rumor is not coming up in the local media out here. Robinson has been a disaster at OT this year. OBJ has been a major pain and is also coming off a serious injury. Njoku is a talented receiver but not much of a blocker. Hope the rumor is totally false.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Combine is now the thing that teams are looking forward to attending. Trades and rumors will all take a back seat to the fastest 40 and fastest cone drill. That and who bench pressed 1000 lbs 10 times without dropping a nut.