• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Odell Beckham trade talks are starting to resurface around here.

OBJ wants out of Cleveland.

The media thinks that ""IF"" BB can pull off the trade, Brady will resign on the cheap. OBJ will cost $14M and probably a 1st and one or two 3rds. It would leave enough cap space to go after Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper.

All of the talk was on NBC Sports Early Edition.

We have already paid dearly for the diva market.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
157 pounds of weed in a rental car. Can’t fix stupid

I had to read that number a few times and still thought it was a typo until I saw other articles reporting the same thing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/25/2020 NBCSports Boston/NESN

It's being reported this morning that the New England Patriots and The Baltimore Ravens have nearly completed a trade that will send TE Hayden Hurst to the Patriots. Hayden is 26 and caught three TDs in 2019.

There are no further details and it's being reported that this trade might be expanded. There is a sense that JC Jackson might be part of an expanded deal.

Stay tuned.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's being reported this morning that the New England Patriots and The Baltimore Ravens have nearly completed a trade that will send TE Hayden Hurst to the Patriots. Hayden is 26 and caught three TDs in 2019.

There are no further details and it's being reported that this trade might be expanded. There is a sense that JC Jackson might be part of an expanded deal.

Stay tuned.
So another TE experiment?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stay tuned.
Letting go of JC Jackson? This kid Hurst better not be a project.....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurst is not a project. He was a very useful piece of a highly effective offense.

I understand Hurst would like to get more opportunities to catch the ball, but I have a hard time seeing Baltimore being willing to accommodate him. Especially to improve one of their top rivals. It would probably take Jackson plus to get them to send Hurst here.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought, and Murray is certainly intriguing and talented, but he's not going #1 in this draft. And even if they were taking Murray, the Cards aren't dumping Rosen after 1 year and taking a $10MM dead money hit for just a late first. Especially with the same GM that drafted Rosen still in place. Rosen played a lot better than his stats showed...the Cards offense was a dumpster fire.
Today’s episode of Posts That Didn’t Age Well

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today’s episode of Posts That Didn’t Age Well

Starting to be some rumors that Washington could make a similar decision in going QB at the #2 pick this year. Doesn't sound like every one is a believer in Haskins.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get that you have to have a QB but even with AZ doing it last year, giving up on a 1st round pick after 1 year for a non-Luck-caliber prospect and passing on a blue chip pass rusher in the process just doesn’t seem like a great use of resources to me.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I read an article this morning talking Haskins up for “doing all the right things” so far this offseason, too.

Smokescreens abound.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get that you have to have a QB but even with AZ doing it last year, giving up on a 1st round pick after 1 year for a non-Luck-caliber prospect and passing on a blue chip pass rusher in the process just doesn’t seem like a great use of resources to me.

I'm not saying they will go QB but they do seem to be doing their due diligence on the group. Now whether that is a smokescreen or not we shall see. I just know most new coaches like to have their guy at QB rather than get the hand me down of another staff.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they will go QB but they do seem to be doing their due diligence on the group. Now whether that is a smokescreen or not we shall see. I just know most new coaches like to have their guy at QB rather than get the hand me down of another staff.
It means they want Miami to give them something so the fish can jump them and take Tua, or another team to jump the fish for Tua. Miami shouldn't fall for the bluff.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is trying to pump up Tua. With the damage that he had to his leg, teams will be reluctant to spend a top 20 pick and play 'spin the bottle.' I, that's me, BigKen, think that Tua might drop to the second round and more than half of the teams will pass. There are just too many "good" QBs that will be available and are 100% healthy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is trying to pump up Tua. With the damage that he had to his leg, teams will be reluctant to spend a top 20 pick and play 'spin the bottle.' I, that's me, BigKen, think that Tua might drop to the second round and more than half of the teams will pass. There are just too many "good" QBs that will be available and are 100% healthy.
I agree I too can see Tua dropping I can actually see Hurts going before him

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers, Raiders, Colts and Bucs could all use a QB. Even the Patriots. I don’t feel there is any way he gets past pick 14. From what I’ve read all his medical tests have come back clean. But who knows. Stranger shit has happened.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just giving you an idea that there is no way Love is making it past probably pick 14 in this draft. If the Patriots want him they are going to have to trade up to get him.

Also the medical checks came back about as good as they could for Tua. He is not making it out of the top-5. Good chance he doesn't make it out of the top-3. There is even some talk that after the medicals the Bengals are now thinking of taking Tua over that of Burrow.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers, Raiders, Colts and Bucs could all use a QB. Even the Patriots. I don’t feel there is any way he gets past pick 14. From what I’ve read all his medical tests have come back clean. But who knows. Stranger shit has happened.

I know that there are at least 3 billion people out there who have clean medical tests. Doesn't mean that they can play football. I have an 18 year old in the room next to this one and he hasn't played contact football since last July. He's been given full clearance but no one would offer a football scholarship. Tua is an unknown. He hasn't had to run for his life or make a hard pivot. Just saying, I wouldn't spend a high first round pick on him.