• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Johnson was on Early Edition and he made some excellent comments...

1. "As players get older, they feel more entitled because of experience and being able to last the rigors of the NFL."

2. "Bill Belichcik does nor want players on his team who do not want to be 100% committed to the team and the game from May until February."

3. "Brady and Gronkowski no lonegr want to play under disciplinarian conditions that are the base for a Bill Belichick team. They are going to what may be the least disciplined team in the NFL. Arian wants his players and coaches home every day with their families and friends when practice is over. He never does more than absolutely required."

4. "Gronkowski is not going to play football to win a Supoer Bowl. He going to play because it will be fun in Tampa Bay and the expectations will be no where near what they were in New England."

5. "If Thuney is as unhappy as reported, he will be gone before or during the draft. Bill will not keep a potential cancer in the locker room."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a link

Is there a link?

Not sure that is a good move for the Pats,I like Thuney

Peter King said it on one of his shows today. He is one of the more tied in people not named Schefter or Rapapport so usually trust what he says quite a bit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it. We can't afford to keep kim if he won't sign a new contract.
:scratch:
He already signed the tag I thought? Which would lock him up this year unless he wants to sit out or NE releases him. That $ is already applied to the cap.

Not sure if he and the Pats are actually working on a new contract? If we're talking next year the Pats will have plenty of cap to offer him. Just a question of how much BB will be willing to offer and will that price have gone up because he's a little insulted right now?

I like him so I'm not so eager to just let him go that easy. If he becomes a cancer I'll likely change my mind. Otherwise let him play under the tag and see where that takes us?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have $1m in cap space. That’s not enough to sign their rookies, never mind any other moves they’ll need to make for injuries, etc. While the tag is accounted for, moving Thuney would be one quick easy step to alleviate the cap crunch. Not the only option, of course, so they don’t have to settle for a poor return, but it would be the most space they could gain with a single move.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have $1m in cap space. That’s not enough to sign their rookies, never mind any other moves they’ll need to make for injuries, etc. While the tag is accounted for, moving Thuney would be one quick easy step to alleviate the cap crunch. Not the only option, of course, so they don’t have to settle for a poor return, but it would be the most space they could gain with a single move.

I read yesterday and it was repeated on the tube that they actually have $21M but that includes the paying the draft picks. I have no idea where the hell that cam from and when I try to dig around, I can only find $1.1M of cap space.

I think $16M of it is Thuney. What I've heard is that the Lions are willing to give their second round pick for him and that would be #35 or the third pick in Round 2.

IF, and again that's if, this is true, then I can see BB also dropping down from 23. The Colts have no 1st Round pick having traded it to the 49ers. There's been a very quiet rumor that they have had multiple talks with BB and would give up #34 and #44 for #23.

If all of those were pulled off, having #34, #35 and #44 would a Godsend and I could see three defensive players being snagged. The 4th round pick might be a QB or even a TE. Then he had four more in the third round. Talk about rebuilding quick........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweets are flying............Looks like we'll be saying farewell to Joe Thuney as he heads to to the heat and humidity of South Florida. Brian Flores is in the middle of a trade that will give him another Patriot in Teal.

All kinds of speculation as to what he's willing to pay for a 27 year old All Pro who's never missed a game and will sign a an extension.

#56 (2nd) and #173 (5th) are being suggested as is #26 (1st) .

I believe that a first is way too much, but Flores has 14 picks .

Hell, I'd gladly take a 2nd and a 7th.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th rounder for a 7 and a player that wasn’t gonna be on the roster anyway is better outcome than I would’ve expected, too.

Soo...TB signed his contract with the Bucs on 3/20.
it takes (+/-) 30 days to get certain CBD (ahem) byproducts out of your system.
Gronk signs with the Bucs 32 days later.

Coincidence?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweets are flying............Looks like we'll be saying farewell to Joe Thuney as he heads to to the heat and humidity of South Florida. Brian Flores is in the middle of a trade that will give him another Patriot in Teal.

All kinds of speculation as to what he's willing to pay for a 27 year old All Pro who's never missed a game and will sign a an extension.

#56 (2nd) and #173 (5th) are being suggested as is #26 (1st) .

I believe that a first is way too much, but Flores has 14 picks .

Hell, I'd gladly take a 2nd and a 7th.
Trading in the division should demand a premium.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins have discussed trading for Patriots left guard Joe Thuney, per report
Miami have talked about bringing in the two-time Super Bowl champion

Joe Thuney's days with the New England Patriots may soon come to an end. A report from ESPN's Mike Reiss on Sunday really sparked up that discussion as he noted the star left guard, who was franchised earlier this offseason, was not close to a long-term extension with New England. Reiss also highlighted that it may not be out of the question for the Pats to entertain some offers for the 27-year-old, who was a second-team All-Pro selection last season.

One team that could fit the bill as a potential trade partner may be the Miami Dolphins. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports on the eve of the NFL Draft that the Dolphins, who own a league-high 14 selections this year, have "given consideration" to a possible deal. Salguero adds that the idea of signing Thuney was something the Dolphins considered before free agency started, and once he was placed with the franchise tag by the Patriots, a trade was also discussed internally.

Thuney does have some leverage over New England in these contract negotiations. The club has about $1 million in space and Thuney's franchise tag will come in at just under $15 million. If Bill Belichick and company have reached the end of their negotiation with no contract signed or agreed upon, it would be wise to look into trading Thuney for draft capital and to clear up some much needed cap space.

For Miami, they are quite familiar with New England's operation, as head coach Brian Flores came up through the Patriots' coaching ranks before taking the Dolphins gig last offseason. Just in this free agency period alone Flores has targeted a number of players he's worked with during his days in Foxborough like Kyle Van Noy, Elandon Roberts and Ted Karras.

If they are looking to improve an offensive line that ranked at the bottom of the league in Football Outsiders' adjusted sack rate, they do have the draft capital to do so by trading for Thuney.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Sports and NBCSports Boston are blabbing away about the Patriots and Bucs talking about OJ Howard. No details which means that a few guys started drinking early or someone picked up on something that was left on the table when the Gronk trade got done the other day.

DraftNiks says that the Colts and Patriots are discussing the Colts desire to get into the first round. Not sure if the Colts can afford to give up both 34 & 44. Think it could be for 34 and the Colts 1st round pick next year??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we implement a lifetime ban on any transaction with the Colts. Them instigating deflate-gate isn't forgivable.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LA Rams do not have a first round pick until 2022 because they traded both 2020 nd 2021 for Jalen Ramsey. There's someone that they want and apparently are will to give up Michael Blocker and #52 and #57 in the second round for #23. It's being discussed on 98.5 and 1290 . Nothing more than "IFs". Two second round picks and a Solid DE who's 29 and was a Rams first Round pick in 2012. I like it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Sports and NBCSports Boston are blabbing away about the Patriots and Bucs talking about OJ Howard. No details which means that a few guys started drinking early or someone picked up on something that was left on the table when the Gronk trade got done the other day.

DraftNiks says that the Colts and Patriots are discussing the Colts desire to get into the first round. Not sure if the Colts can afford to give up both 34 & 44. Think it could be for 34 and the Colts 1st round pick next year??
I heard the Pats are willing to give up 23 for 33 & 44 then when pick 22 rolls around back out of the deal

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Pats are willing to give up 23 for 33 & 44 then when pick 22 rolls around back out of the deal
I ain't a mobster type, but rats are rats. I was happy with what happen to Mangini's career for spygate ratting and was very pleased with Skippy giving the Colts the finger, especially since they would cheat for their own benefit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chat has a rumor with zero details..........................Deshaun Watson to the Patriots.

It showed up along with a deal where The Patriots and Dolphins are talking about Josh Rosen for a 2021 Fifth Round Pick.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chat has a rumor with zero details..........................Deshaun Watson to the Patriots.

It showed up along with a deal where The Patriots and Dolphins are talking about Josh Rosen for a 2021 Fifth Round Pick.
I heard the Pats want me for QB... This time I didn't hear it when I said it (I heard it after I asked Alexa to repeat it)