• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New England Patriots trade target No. 1: Michael Thomas​

Michael Thomas’ status with the New Orleans Saints quickly became one of the hottest topics in the NFL earlier this offseason. After laboring through injuries last season, Thomas and the Saints training staff seemed to have differing ideas on how to get Thomas back on the field for this season. Saints head coach Sean Payton took a jab at his rehabilitation process over the summer, saying Thomas should have had his surgery before June.

When healthy, he is at least a top five wide receiver in the league. The problem is, he currently isn’t healthy, and hasn’t really been for the past year or so. He got injured early on last season and only played in nine games (including two playoff games), and now is set to open this season on the Physically Unable to Perform list after getting surgery later than expected.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the outstanding TD catch made by Cedric last night?

He's better than anything the Patriots have currently.

And he's #4 on Dallas at best.
I'm surprised more hasn't been mentioned about the Bourne TD. Based on that one play it seems the team should be getting more from him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. But they have to throw to him. All those little passes out to the flat aren't going to work.
That's where I was going. Why look for receivers on other teams if the ones here are not being used correctly?

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because used correctly or not the cupboard is pretty much bare on the receivers shelf in NE.
Both Bourne and Agholor have been productive elsewhere. While the cups in the cupboard may prove to be incompatible with their need, however the cupboards are not bare.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Bourne and Agholor have been productive elsewhere. While the cups in the cupboard may prove to be incompatible with their need, however the cupboards are not bare.

They are pretty much bare.

2 big $ TEs doing nothing.

Neither of those are a legitimate #1 receiver.

White hurt.

Yup, cupboards are bare.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the cupboards comparison I see it as items in the cupboard that aren't used as much as others or can't be used as part of the menu plan.

Peanut butter is a staple but without some type of bread, it's pretty much useless. Today, about 50% of people think that they are allergic.
Cheerios or corn flakes are okay too, but tough to eat without milk or cream and most of us like a little sugar or artificial sweetner.

Not completely bare, but pretty much useless so far. Which makes me wonder if they've fallen off because of those big paychecks every other week. Players got the first seasonal paycheck after game 2. Some of them have never seen a take home check of a half million before then.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the cupboards comparison I see it as items in the cupboard that aren't used as much as others or can't be used as part of the menu plan.

Peanut butter is a staple but without some type of bread, it's pretty much useless. Today, about 50% of people think that they are allergic.
Cheerios or corn flakes are okay too, but tough to eat without milk or cream and most of us like a little sugar or artificial sweetner.

Not completely bare, but pretty much useless so far. Which makes me wonder if they've fallen off because of those big paychecks every other week. Players got the first seasonal paycheck after game 2. Some of them have never seen a take home check of a half million before then.
We got the PB we got the bread but the end result is a fuckin mess because it's being spread with a serrated knife.

Or cereal with a spork...we got the milk too.

It will all come together I am quite certain. We just need some patience and humility.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots released CB Stephon Gilmore on Wednesday.​

The move comes as a major surprise. 2021 was the final year Gilmore's five-year deal with the Patriots, and he spent the offseason attempting to renegotiate his deal. The cap strapped Patriots will save almost $6 million by releasing him instead. Gilmore injured his quad in Week 15 of the 2020 season and is still recovering from that injury. He was eligible to return from the PUP list after Week 6. Gilmore, 31, is certain to generate significant interest on the free agent market. It's obviously not lost on Gilmore that the defending Super Bowl champions have a glaring need at cornerback after suffering multiple injuries there, and just so happen to be quarterbacked by Tom Brady.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move likely brings Collins back now?

NE needed cap space.

For all those second guessing BB again... does anyone really believe he didn't try and find a trade partner? What is Gilmore's worth to a team? Aging vet who no one really knows how healthy he is or isn't. He had already started losing a step. Plus any team wanting to trade for him know it's going to cost them money. By waiting it out, now the team that does sign him doesn't lose any pics.

Sure I wish we got something for him but we didn't. Our DBs can hold most teams down. They basically just shut down Brady. The Pats need to sure up the line or a LB who can help stop the run.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs and Pack are interested but would rather sign him than trade for him.

Me thinks that Nick Caserio might be standing in the wings.

How about Stephon Gilmore and N'Keal Harry for two old Patriots? Brandin Cooks and Rex Burkhead??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs and Pack are interested but would rather sign him than trade for him.

Me thinks that Nick Caserio might be standing in the wings.

How about Stephon Gilmore and N'Keal Harry for two old Patriots? Brandin Cooks and Rex Burkhead??
They've already released him. NE isn't getting anything for him now.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already released him. NE isn't getting anything for him now.
Seems they needed the cap space now instead of waiting until he came off PUP in two weeks. BB isn't one to waste value so whatever the return would have been it's probably less than we all think.

Time to turn our attention to the players that ARE on this roster.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems they needed the cap space now instead of waiting until he came off PUP in two weeks. BB isn't one to waste value so whatever the return would have been it's probably less than we all think.

Time to turn our attention to the players that ARE on this roster.
Without a doubt BB factored in what deals he needs to make now. As expected none of us know what's going on behind close doors? Are there other injuries? Are the two covid IR players vaccinated? Will they be able to play this weekend?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I was going. Why look for receivers on other teams if the ones here are not being used correctly?
They can't go downfield very often with the way the O-line is playing.
Fix the O - line and the passes will be caught - with or without additions at WR.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't go downfield very often with the way the O-line is playing.
Fix the O - line and the passes will be caught - with or without additions at WR.

You could get Cedric Wilson for Gilmour. He's been looking damn fine returning kicks and catching TDs lately for Dallas.