• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And "NEED" is what leads to the NFL cemetery.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade him to the Rams for Kupp or Woods?
Honestly do not know enough about either of them or their play. My point in saying that is that IMO our secondary looked okay to me, we need to considering keeping and paying a younger Jackson. I would honestly take a third round pick for Gilmour at this point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade him to the Rams for Kupp or Woods?
Always loved Kupp. Would take either for Gilmore straight up.

I think Gilmore is in his last productive year. I think once he returns whether that's in NE or somewhere else, he'll do ok. Still a very decent DB but not for the $ he'll be asking for.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved Kupp. Would take either for Gilmore straight up.

I think Gilmore is in his last productive year. I think once he returns whether that's in NE or somewhere else, he'll do ok. Still a very decent DB but not for the $ he'll be asking for.
I think that Gilmore knows that the quad injury and the surgery that followed was one of final nails in his NFL coffin. At thirty, those injuries have an effect on the entire body. My guess would be that his hold out is more fear thet he won't be anywhere near what he was in 2019 and he wants to get a contract and THEN try to play up to 2019. Just my thoughts, but my football brain says that if he thought that he was ready, he would have gone to camp. played in a couple preseason games and then walked out. I just sense that there's a real lack of self confidence.

I would take Kupp or Woods.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NE has a decent WR situation already and if everybody stays healthy should get better and better.

Sunday's loss was due to fumbles, penalties, and then not being able to make a stop on defense when it counted most.

I thought the O looked pretty ok against a solid defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NE has a decent WR situation already and if everybody stays healthy should get better and better.

Sunday's loss was due to fumbles, penalties, and then not being able to make a stop on defense when it counted most.

Sure but a Kupp or Woods would instantly upgrade that position.

Kupp just reminds me of a NE style player.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree about the defense part. They only gave up 17 points. Now that's not proclaiming the D will rival much better Ds, but 17 points isn't exactly showing signs of being broken.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about the defense part. They only gave up 17 points. Now that's not proclaiming the D will rival much better Ds, but 17 points isn't exactly showing signs of being broken.

I thought the defense played fantastic all game but then at the very end, after the Harris fumble, they couldn't make a stop to get the ball back. I wasn't even concerned after the fumble because I was so certain the defense would make a stop and get us the ball back for the win. Boy was I wrong.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense played fantastic all game but then at the very end, after the Harris fumble, they couldn't make a stop to get the ball back. I wasn't even concerned after the fumble because I was so certain the defense would make a stop and get us the ball back for the win. Boy was I wrong.
I cannot disagree with your point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries have hit the NFL and after Week 2, teams are looking at available free agent vets. Pretty soon, the well will be dry and there will be players that teams will dangle and make available for trades.

Here are this week's list from the Athletic:

To reach our top-10 list, we have gathered 15 names likely to be on the trade block based on prior reports and logic.
New to this week's list are New Orleans Saints quarterback Trevor Siemian and Minnesota Vikings cornerback Cameron Dantzler. Siemian has starting experience but is purely a backup on New Orleans' roster, while Dantzler saw playing time in Week 2 but was a healthy scratch in Week 1. According to The Athletic's David Lombardi, the San Francisco 49ers inquired about Dantzler following the opener.
Coming off the list are Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku, who may play a bigger role with Landry "week-to-week" with an MCL sprain. Also off the list is Seattle Seahawks left tackle Duane Brown, who was a hold-in during camp but who restructured his contract before the start of the season.

The updated list is as follows, in no particular order:
  • N'Keal Harry, WR, New England Patriots
  • Zach Ertz, TE, Philadelphia Eagles
  • Stephon Gilmore, CB, New England Patriots
  • Jaylon Smith, LB, Dallas Cowboys
  • Cameron Dantzler, CB, Minnesota Vikings
  • O.J. Howard, TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, G, Kansas City Chiefs
  • Andre Dillard, OT, Philadelphia Eagles
  • James Washington, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Michael Thomas, WR, New Orleans Saints
  • CJ Henderson, CB, Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Marlon Mack, RB, Indianapolis Colts
  • Jordan Howard, RB, Philadelphia Eagles
  • Trevor Siemian, QB, New Orleans Saints
  • Nick Foles, QB, Chicago Bears.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New England Patriots trade target No. 1: Michael Thomas​

Michael Thomas’ status with the New Orleans Saints quickly became one of the hottest topics in the NFL earlier this offseason. After laboring through injuries last season, Thomas and the Saints training staff seemed to have differing ideas on how to get Thomas back on the field for this season. Saints head coach Sean Payton took a jab at his rehabilitation process over the summer, saying Thomas should have had his surgery before June.

Thomas and Payton have reportedly smoothed things over, but Thomas’ status is anything but concrete right now. He has voiced his frustration with New Orleans multiple times before, and it seems like those tensions have at least started to boil over.

Thomas’ situation is the most important to keep an eye on simply because of how good he is. Thomas made a case for best wide receiver in the league during his 2019 campaign, when he hauled in 149 passes (an NFL single season record) for 1725 yards and nine touchdowns. Thomas turned himself into one of the premier route runners in the league, seemingly always getting open, and has some of the best hands in the game to go along with it.

When healthy, he is at least a top five wide receiver in the league. The problem is, he currently isn’t healthy, and hasn’t really been for the past year or so. He got injured early on last season and only played in nine games (including two playoff games), and now is set to open this season on the Physically Unable to Perform list after getting surgery later than expected.

Making Thomas situation even more tantalizing is the fact they are dealing with something similar with Stephon Gilmore. Gilmore is supposedly still recovering from a season ending quad injury, and has reportedly been looking for a new contract all offseason long. If the Patriots wanted to trade him, New Orleans would be the perfect destination considering they have been looking for help at cornerback all offseason long.

New Orleans is set to enter an interesting first season in the post Drew Brees era. Inconsistent veteran Jameis Winston has won the starting quarterback job down south, and while he’s looked solid in preseason action, he’s no sure bet to be successful when the games actually matter. There’s a chance that New Orleans collapses and struggles for most of the season.

If they do, it increases the possibility that they would look to deal Thomas. Thomas is still in his prime at just 28 years old, and whichever team would move for him would acquire a fantastic contract. That will up the price for Thomas, which is why New England would standout if they built a package around Gilmore in this case.

Thomas’ potential as one of the top wide receivers in the game alone makes him worth keeping an eye on, but the fact of the matter is, if he becomes available, the Patriots would likely have a really solid shot at landing him. There isn’t a receiver out there who could in and instantly improve the New England Patriots’ wide receiver room more so than Thomas, which is why it’s imperative that they keep an eye on him throughout the season.