• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch the Chargers play, the more I think the Pats should have gone after Jared Cook instead of Hayden Hurst.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch the Chargers play, the more I think the Pats should have gone after Jared Cook instead of Hayden Hurst.
The Bolts are a better team than people know. And when they drated Herbet I laughed at all the team that passed on him. Kid was good at Oregon

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already released him. NE isn't getting anything for him now.
I thought that you guys were knowledgeable.

They announced his release. Under the NFL Rules, it is not official until 4:00 PM this afternoon. BB couldn't get anyone to bite on a deal so Gilmore becomes a free agent at 4:01 pm. Between the announcement and 4:00 PM any team can offer the Patriots a trade and the Patriots can trade him. That's BB's intention. Someone will make an offer by 4:00 or will have talked to him and offered him a ridiculous amount.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that you guys were knowledgeable.

They announced his release. Under the NFL Rules, it is not official until 4:00 PM this afternoon. BB couldn't get anyone to bite on a deal so Gilmore becomes a free agent at 4:01 pm. Between the announcement and 4:00 PM any team can offer the Patriots a trade and the Patriots can trade him. That's BB's intention. Someone will make an offer by 4:00 or will have talked to him and offered him a ridiculous amount.
We've already been over this. You were right and I was wrong.

Glad I was. NE now gets a 2023 sixth round pick for him. Likely a better comp pick TBD?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now just waiting for the other shoe to drop before Sunday.

I'll be terrified if Durant or Cajuste is playing on Mac's left side.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a call from a friend today who says that BB has just about had it with N'Keal Harry. After forcing Mac to call a timeout because he was totally confused about where he was supposed to be and mac had to scream at him to switch from left to right and he still didn't do it, Bill is supposedly calling in WRs for a look see. On Tuesday Austin Watkins was in for a workout.

Watkins, 23, went undrafted and signed with the San Francisco 49ers in May. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound rookie wideout would be waived from injured reserve during training camp. A transfer to UAB from Dodge City Community College, Watkins was named second-team All-Conference USA as a redshirt junior in 2019 after totaling 57 receptions for 1,092 yards and six touchdowns. And in seven games last fall, he earned first-team All-Conference USA after totaling 34 receptions for 468 yards with three touchdowns. Watkins became the first Blazer to attend the Reese’s Senior Bowl since 2012.

Patriots supposedly have two other WRs coming into Foxboro for a workout today and tomorrow. Looks like Harry will be a First round historical footnote.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a call from a friend today who says that BB has just about had it with N'Keal Harry. After forcing Mac to call a timeout because he was totally confused about where he was supposed to be and mac had to scream at him to switch from left to right and he still didn't do it, Bill is supposedly calling in WRs for a look see. On Tuesday Austin Watkins was in for a workout.

Watkins, 23, went undrafted and signed with the San Francisco 49ers in May. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound rookie wideout would be waived from injured reserve during training camp. A transfer to UAB from Dodge City Community College, Watkins was named second-team All-Conference USA as a redshirt junior in 2019 after totaling 57 receptions for 1,092 yards and six touchdowns. And in seven games last fall, he earned first-team All-Conference USA after totaling 34 receptions for 468 yards with three touchdowns. Watkins became the first Blazer to attend the Reese’s Senior Bowl since 2012.

Patriots supposedly have two other WRs coming into Foxboro for a workout today and tomorrow. Looks like Harry will be a First round historical footnote.
Elevating Wilkerson would be a good start.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins..............

Ian Rappaport was on WEEI 93.7 FM this morning and dropped a couple of rumors.

1. The Detroit Lions have a worse WR corps that the Pats and are "supposedly" interested i getting N'Keal Harry. "Supposedly" they are willing to take Harry along with NE's 7th Round pick for their 6th round pick in2022.

Here's the blockbuster.......................
2. At least four teams have called William about acquiring one JC Jackson. Rappaport says that Bill has flat out turned down a third and a second so far. Here's the the issue. "Supposedly the two biggest suitors are the GB Packers and Arizona Cardinal. "Supposedly", the Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are also sniffing. Rappaport says that two offers would almost be third and fourth round picks because of where these teams would finish their seasons. Nobody in the NFL is giving up CBs but Bill knows that he will not be in the mix next year when JC becomes a free agent. No question that JC will be in the $17M-$19M a year range and he'll be looking for a 5 year deal. I appears that Bill will hold out for a first and fourth at the very least until Nov. 2. If no one offers the bounty, JC will go for a 2nd and 4th. Desperation might up the ante and if a team is up against the cap, Bill might be able to haul in a two picks and possibly 30+ year old OT.

Sounds like JC may be playing elsewhere for the second half of this season.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The Detroit Lions have a worse WR corps that the Pats and are "supposedly" interested i getting N'Keal Harry. "Supposedly" they are willing to take Harry along with NE's 7th Round pick for their 6th round pick in2022.

2. At least four teams have called William about acquiring one JC Jackson. Rappaport says that Bill has flat out turned down a third and a second so far. Here's the the issue. "Supposedly the two biggest suitors are the GB Packers and Arizona Cardinal. "Supposedly", the Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are also sniffing. Rappaport says that two offers would almost be third and fourth round picks because of where these teams would finish their seasons. Nobody in the NFL is giving up CBs but Bill knows that he will not be in the mix next year when JC becomes a free agent. No question that JC will be in the $17M-$19M a year range and he'll be looking for a 5 year deal. I appears that Bill will hold out for a first and fourth at the very least until Nov. 2. If no one offers the bounty, JC will go for a 2nd and 4th. Desperation might up the ante and if a team is up against the cap, Bill might be able to haul in a two picks and possibly 30+ year old OT.

So we're throwing in the towel for this season and prepping for 2022?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're throwing in the towel for this season and prepping for 2022?
Sorta felt like the towel was coming outta Bill's hand after the Dolphin loss. Depression can can change an individual's outlook. Doesn't appear that this team will be making a dramatic about face.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are these teams calling every other team in the NFL and asking about their #1 CB? This seems ridicules since he's a rental for ANY team the acquires him... though they would have franchise player rights to give him incentive to sign. That bounty to over pay him just doesn't seem realistic.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these teams calling every other team in the NFL and asking about their #1 CB? This seems ridicules since he's a rental for ANY team the acquires him... though they would have franchise player rights to give him incentive to sign. That bounty to over pay him just doesn't seem realistic.
As little as I know about it, I'd have to say that if I was GB or AZ, I'm looking at the Lombardi and if JC was a major fix to a serious problem, then I'd sell the farm. You know that they've been looking at the film against the first few opponents including the Bucs and must have decided that they need him and let's not kid ourselves, they have no intention of renting him for a year. More than likely they'll trade for him and have a contract already agreed upon in place for him to sign February 14, 2022.