• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something just released by NESN::::::::

The Nov. 2 NFL trade deadline is fast approaching, so get ready for a period of heightened speculation surrounding the New England Patriots.

ESPN’s Bill Barnwell got the ball rolling Thursday with a proposal involving third-year receiver N’Keal Harry.

The trade would see Harry, the 32nd-overall pick in the 2019 draft, head to the Jacksonville Jaguars for edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson, the 20th pick in the 2020 draft. The deal also would involve the exchanging of multiple draft picks.

Harry, of course, publicly requested a trade during the offseason but eventually showed up to Patriots training camp, during which he excelled. However, a preseason injury landed him on injured reserve, and he’s been his typically unproductive self since returning in Week 4.

Here’s Barnwell’s take:

Let’s swap two disappointing first-round picks to places in which they might be able to thrive. Harry never seemed to settle in during his time in New England, and after failing to impress with Cam Newton in 2020, free-agent signings pushed him out of the rotation. The No. 32 overall pick in the 2019 draft only has two catches this season, but his 6-foot-4 frame could be valuable for a Jaguars team that doesn?t have a physical wideout with DJ Chark out for the season.

Chaisson was drafted by the now-deposed Dave Caldwell regime in Jacksonville, and while he entered the league as an exciting prospect and possible Anthony Barr clone, he has done little with the Jags. The No. 20 overall pick in the 2020 draft played about half of the defensive snaps last season, and despite moving into Year 2 for a defense that isn’t exactly filled with superstars, he has gotten similar playing time. Bill Belichick has a track record of trading for struggling high draft picks on defense and getting the most out of them; Chaisson would be the next in line.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something just released by NESN::::::::

The Nov. 2 NFL trade deadline is fast approaching, so get ready for a period of heightened speculation surrounding the New England Patriots.

ESPN’s Bill Barnwell got the ball rolling Thursday with a proposal involving third-year receiver N’Keal Harry.

The trade would see Harry, the 32nd-overall pick in the 2019 draft, head to the Jacksonville Jaguars for edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson, the 20th pick in the 2020 draft. The deal also would involve the exchanging of multiple draft picks.

Harry, of course, publicly requested a trade during the offseason but eventually showed up to Patriots training camp, during which he excelled. However, a preseason injury landed him on injured reserve, and he’s been his typically unproductive self since returning in Week 4.

Here’s Barnwell’s take:

Let’s swap two disappointing first-round picks to places in which they might be able to thrive. Harry never seemed to settle in during his time in New England, and after failing to impress with Cam Newton in 2020, free-agent signings pushed him out of the rotation. The No. 32 overall pick in the 2019 draft only has two catches this season, but his 6-foot-4 frame could be valuable for a Jaguars team that doesn?t have a physical wideout with DJ Chark out for the season.

Chaisson was drafted by the now-deposed Dave Caldwell regime in Jacksonville, and while he entered the league as an exciting prospect and possible Anthony Barr clone, he has done little with the Jags. The No. 20 overall pick in the 2020 draft played about half of the defensive snaps last season, and despite moving into Year 2 for a defense that isn’t exactly filled with superstars, he has gotten similar playing time. Bill Belichick has a track record of trading for struggling high draft picks on defense and getting the most out of them; Chaisson would be the next in line.
I like it except for..."The deal also would involve the exchanging of multiple draft picks".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beginning to look like several teams are gearing up for a garage sale next week.

Local rumor today is that the Eagles have been in touch with Bill about moving several pieces.

The names that are out there are Andre Dillard (LT/RT) JJ Arcega-Whiteside (WR) Darius Slay (CB)

No other details.

If true, I'd take any or all three especially Dillard. Young, big and versatile. Have no idea of the cost. If Flacco was worth a 6th, I'd hve no bitch at all giving up 6th or 7th round picks for any two or a fifth for all three.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beginning to look like several teams are gearing up for a garage sale next week.

Local rumor today is that the Eagles have been in touch with Bill about moving several pieces.

The names that are out there are Andre Dillard (LT/RT) JJ Arcega-Whiteside (WR) Darius Slay (CB)

No other details.

If true, I'd take any or all three especially Dillard. Young, big and versatile. Have no idea of the cost. If Flacco was worth a 6th, I'd hve no bitch at all giving up 6th or 7th round picks for any two or a fifth for all three.

In my opinion our most glaring need at this point in this season is a quality CB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No other details.

We could use a CB but Slay is 31 and his contract is back loaded.
Arcega-Whiteside can't make the pathetic Eagles offense. ST we don't need.
Dillard is out for the season and needs biceps surgery.

Never buy a car from a junk dealer

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could use a CB but Slay is 31 and his contract is back loaded.
Arcega-Whiteside can't make the pathetic Eagles offense. ST we don't need.
Dillard is out for the season and needs biceps surgery.
If the rumors are correct, then I certainly can see why the Eagles are trying to off load these guys. I can also see BB saying "no thanks" if they can't step in and help.

I'm still concerned that Bill might dump JC. Don't know if they've offered him anything but a contract extension with a big bonus might get him to stay. Or any front end bonus. 3 years/$36M with a 2021 $8M bonus might be enough. Would be as good as a 3/$45M in free agency.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a rumor just forwarding click bait that I have seen a few time.

If you were Bill, would you?

WR is not a top need, but he would be an upgrade.
I would, somehow.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a rumor just forwarding click bait that I have seen a few time.

If you were Bill, would you?

WR is not a top need, but he would be an upgrade.
I would, somehow.

It was always fun watching Cooks sprawled out after running into his own concussions. Put a small wall somewhere on the field and he'll be the one to find it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Harry and make the deal or offer a 6th rounder and Harry to the Texans. Trades at the deadline never generate much unless your dealing for a starting QB. Might have to give a 5th but that's well worth the upgrade. Cooks will catch more passes in his first game back than Harry has caught in his Patriots' career.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Harry and make the deal or offer a 6th rounder and Harry to the Texans. Trades at the deadline never generate much unless your dealing for a starting QB. Might have to give a 5th but that's well worth the upgrade. Cooks will catch more passes in his first game back than Harry has caught in his Patriots' career.

Shit, at this point I would give them Harry and Agholor.