• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors: Philip Rivers Considering Retirement

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's LaDainian Tomlinson doesn't think Philip Rivers will be the Chargers' quarterback this season.

Tomlinson, of course, was Rivers' running back for four seasons. LT has strong connections to the Chargers' organization. "I don't know if Philip wants to be there anymore. I think he has lost confidence in the organization. Him not wanting to go to L.A. is very valid," Tomlinson said. "Philip could be looking at the situation and thinking 'we're not close to winning a championship anytime soon.'"

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's gone too - that would be the smart move, his value will never be higher. Then again, this is the Charger organization we're talking about, they've been nothing but a cacophony of bad decisions.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL have always told their players to spice up the drama with shrouded comments to perpetuate and be a part of the 24 hour news cycle.

Thus all the "Rivers is unhappy, Rivers wants to be traded, Rivers doesn't want to be a Charger" keeps the NFL in the news, which is always a good thing for business.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of LA did your family and friends live in, because LA is too big, to say you wouldn't want to raise your kids there. When people think of LA, they think of LA city and forget about the other cities in LA county.

Yep. Look at Kobe. For most of his career he has lived in Newport Beach area which is extremely nice & bares no resemblance to LA. It also is a healthy commute from LA. No doubt he keeps some type of residence in LA just like Rivers could do if he chooses. I think this is pure nonsense for Rivers especially when you consider that he is in a contract year.

Lots of people love the LA area & to typecast it as one generic area is ridiculous. Every major area in the US has good and bad pts.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lives in Athens, Alabama. Why he chooses to live there is beyond me.

Agree. I don't live far from that area & was transferred from SoCal a little less than 3 years ago. I am not here by choice. The area isn't that bad but if I had Rivers $$ & options I would be back in California.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't live far from that area & was transferred from SoCal a little less than 3 years ago. I am not here by choice. The area isn't that bad but if I had Rivers $$ & options I would be back in California.

I lived in Decatur, right down the road, for two years. Would. Not. Go. Back.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure this Alabama guy is not saying LA like in Louisiana. Then it might make sense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why there are rumors of a Titans trade.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having lived in LA, New York, and Texas, I can tell you that if you are a millionaire, LA is a pretty nice place to be. Anyone living in Texas and calling LA a dump, that's funny.

Rivers is a country boy and may not like that whole city slickers and traffic thing, but he would be pretty well insulated from that as a star QB, living the dream somewhere along a bluff in Palos Verdes or whatever.

That said, San Diego is a thousand times better than LA. It has the coastal beauty and all the sophistication with a far smaller town atmosphere. There are few places on the planet nicer to live in than San Diego County.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers should come to AZ and Palmer should be the one retiring.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rivers has already signed or will sign an extension that'll guarantee he stays in San Diego the rest of his career. Just an all around classy guy. Hope he gets his ring someday. Regardless, past his NFL playing career he has a great future as a commentator!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:CLEARLY you don't live here...

I have been in most all of our big cities. While most are what they are, I could live in LA. There is so much to do there. Not from a subway or taxi like New York, but lot's to do. Maybe a little big for guys from Tyler Texas but I'd rather live there......

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey,....maybe River's will "un-retire" and play for the Pats for the first 4 weeks (sniffl),.......as least he has a shot at a ring.....?!